Quick question to SI Re: FM08

I can fully understand that you are currently attached to Football Manager 09, but there are many, like me, who are still playing Football Manager 08, I am just wondering if we could have an official data update for FM08.

All I'm asking for is that FM08 will start from the beginning of this season and that all the leagues are fully up to date. There are loads of unofficial updates out there for FM08, but they just lack that certain something.

I will obviously understand if I get derided over this, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see this. Unfortunately I have my reasons for not buying FM09 (Finances among some reasons), and so have to keep playing FM08.

For certain leagues (MLS, A-League, maybe the other officially licensed leagues) they wouldn't be able to start them at the beginning of this season, even if they were willing to, due to licensing issues.

Pretty sure 3rd party updates are available, check FMFormation and FM Weegie maybe? I think SUSIE had one as well.

Yeah I've tried them, but they don't have the league restructuring in Germany unless you play through a season and even then the data will then be out of date, I know I can do all the points deductions using FMRTE but like I say I'd prefer to start the game from this season, I think what I'm asking for is unlikely to happen, but hey, if you don't ask you don't get!

Archived