Question regarding the Champion's League..

Is it just me, or does the computer always almost everytime without fail, **** you out of the game when you're playing in the Champion's League? It's happened to me in almost every single save that I've had. It seems to be as soon as the Champion's League game starts, my players who have been averaging a 7-8 all season begin to play a 4-5. I mean, it's really annoying because it's ALWAYS in the Champion's League. I usually always have the better game but come away with nothing. Also, their keeper tends to put on a performance fit for a king even if he's consistantly been **** all season. 9/10 times for me, their keeper plays a MOTM in both legs. At first, I did think it was because I was Bayern Leverkusen and to be fair, they're not exactly a dominent force in Europe, but it's happened at Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona and A.C. Milan. I've still managed to win the tournament a couple of times, but it's just something that I've noticed. I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this, too?

I can't agree at all since I find it easier to win the Champions League than winning the League Cup...playing as Spurs I've won the CL 3 times and during the same period of time managed 1 FA Cup win and 0 (zero) wins in the League Cup...

• Administrators

I think because there is more variety in tactics in the Champions League than say the Premiership, you probably need to adapt your approach a little more. I've found my 4-4-2 which works so well in the league can really struggle against a decent team playing with a Liverpool-esque 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-2-1.

I'd suggest having a look at what your opponents are playing and thinking of ways to counter-act it.

Archived