Signing under 18 foreigners

What exactly is the rule with regards to signing players under 18 from places like Brazil? Because it seems like you can't do it, or you can sign them but the transfers won't go through until they turn 18. Didn't Anderson sign for Porto at like 16 before moving to Man United? What is the rule exactly?

There are a few exceptions, ex: if the parents get a job in the other country.

But most of the time the player only moves when he is 18.

Amderson moved when he was 17, by the way.

Is there any way around this on the game?

I have a 16 year old in brazil who looks amazing, but if i sign him at 18, he wont have the ability he would have if i had signed him at 16.

He needs my training facilities!

unless you play him a lot it might be better if he says in brazil tbh. I track player development very closely and players develop a lot better at clubs with poor training facilities but playing games than sitting in the reserves. Friendlies don't really do the trick either.

Loaning the guys out to a feeder club may help, but then again your feeder clubs won't have (apart from some) great facilities either.

I think training and especially youth facilities are amogst the best in Brazil..

unless you play him a lot it might be better if he says in brazil tbh. I track player development very closely and players develop a lot better at clubs with poor training facilities but playing games than sitting in the reserves. Friendlies don't really do the trick either.

Loaning the guys out to a feeder club may help, but then again your feeder clubs won't have (apart from some) great facilities either.

I think training and especially youth facilities are amogst the best in Brazil..

I suppose you are right, but i would rather have him in my squad, because i quite often play my youngsters.

It's a FIFA rule now as well, the only exception being in EU countries, where FIFA can't stop transfers between EU countries as long as the player is 16.

I'm not sure of the rules on within the EU. I just signed a 15 year old Austrian regen for Carlisle Utd. He was allowed to join the club no problem. He just can't sign a professional contract till he's 17.

Archived