FA Cup Away Matches

I am managing FC United in the BSP as part of Dafuge's Challenge and I made it to the 3rd Round of the FA Cup and have drawn away to Charlton.

In real life all the smaller teams eg Havent and Waterloovile were desperate to play against the big teams luckily they got Liverpool at Anfield. They wanted this for the big pay day and the experience of playing at Anfield so I was wondering when I go to play Charlton which is a big team compared to me. Will I get a good pay day or will I probably just get a humping?

I seem to remember that we were over £100,000 in debt at the end of the season before.

After playing the cup game we had cleared the overdraft and were £300,000 in the black.

Got beat 4-0 though and totally outclassed. Would have liked to have grabbed a goal or done a Havant & Waterlooville. :(

C.

I am glad my efforts will be rewarded. I had a fairly straight forward passage to the 3rd round but I beat Morcambe 7-0 in the 4th Qualifying Round.

I will be delighted with a replay to get even more money. The next thing I will probably ask is how on earth am I going to make it a contest

I am glad my efforts will be rewarded. I had a fairly straight forward passage to the 3rd round but I beat Morcambe 7-0 in the 4th Qualifying Round.

I will be delighted with a replay to get even more money. The next thing I will probably ask is how on earth am I going to make it a contest

Ahem I dont think making it a contest is exaclty practical unfortunatley.

I told my players "the pressure is off" and we only got beat 0-3 by the gunners so just enjoy your day :thup:

I dont think I will play the game tonight be whenever I do I will post a screenshot on here to show you the result.

I would just like to thank everyone for showing so much confidence in my FC United team :p

I got Everton away in the cup myself as FC United, when we were in league 2 i think. I used the shut-up-shop match strategy from TT & F thread.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61144

drew 1-1 at goodison after winning for a long period, played the same strategy in front of a sellout at gigg lane and managed a 3-0 thumping.

then got drawn away to liverpool in the next round, played the same strategy again and managed another 1-1 draw against what was basically a reserve team, despite only having one shot on goal!

Our luck finally ran out in the replay as we narrowly lost 2-1 against a much stronger liverpool side. goals came from torres and gerrard :D

Thanks for that mate. I might give that tactic a try but I feel as though I should use the tactic I already have to see how that will fare against the bigger teams. It will give me an idea on where the weaknesses are in it and where to improve for when I hopefully get up to the Championship/Premiership

Archived