Does staff advertising need some work?

I have just taken over at Raith Rovers and I seem to be finding problems getting staff that I can afford applying for job roles at my club. It's not just in my current game either. I always seem to find I have a list of players already at other clubs and all who have wage demands/buy-out clauses that far outstrip what I can offer.

Surely any job advert would give some idea of a pay bracket?

I also seem to see very few occurances of unemployed staff applying for the roles I have on offer and I fail to understand why that is.

I am finding myself inclined to go down the route of using the staff search function and that saddens me because that sort of list is not available to a manager. I want to the game to be realistic but the staff recruitment function is frustrating me time and time again.

Are things easier if your club has money or does this whole part of the game need reworking?

I don't use the advertisements, generally I get my staff from the search function.

Extremely useful :p

With regards to the OP, i agree that being able to filter the jobs by pay bracket would be an extremely realistic feature.

Go onto any job board these days, for any industry and as you would expect, one of the major filtering criteria is wage, it is one of the main things people consider when talking about recruitment.

However, getting it into the game may be harder than first envisioned, who decides how much money a member of staff feels they are worth? What level of experience / performance would lead to increases etc

I think it would be very useful to just be able to set a filter so that only staff requiring a certain amount of compensation should apply.

So, for example, you only have a £50k transfer budget left and want to advertise for a coach but don't want to spend more than £20k in compensation for them. You should possibly be able to set this as a filter so that only people who's clubs require less than £20k compensation will apply, or those that are unemployed.

Archived