Steam NOT Downloading

I am very excited, as 9.3.0 has arrived however my Steam Client is not downloading the patch. I go onto steam sign in and then the store screen is blank and when trying to play Football Manager2009 it says that the servers are too busy. What's the deal? Thankyou for any help in advance :)

I'm having the same problem.. with steam not being able to handle all the downloads, so I was wondering.. Can I get the update from Torrent/Rapidshare and update the game? Will steam recognize the game as being updated and everything will just be fine?

And does anyone know of if the update is anywhere on Rapidshare.COM? I have a premium account there, but not on Rapidshare.DE

I'm having the same problem.. with steam not being able to handle all the downloads, so I was wondering.. Can I get the update from Torrent/Rapidshare and update the game? Will steam recognize the game as being updated and everything will just be fine?

Seal please do not do this.

You may have problems with the game if you do this.

Give Steam a little time, I'm sure their servers are working hard. Restart your copy of steam and if you really can't get in then contact their customer service people.

Seal please do not do this.

You may have problems with the game if you do this.

Give Steam a little time, I'm sure their servers are working hard. Restart your copy of steam and if you really can't get in then contact their customer service people.

Aight, thanks for the quick answer. Steam just started to update. :)

ive been trying to play football manager for about an hour now.. and still cant..

and your also telling us that we cant use the other methods to download the update OR play without the update while using steam?

Ive never criticised SI before but really.. some thought should have been put into this..very very silly

And it has nothing to do with patience.. to be honest, after paying for a game i expect to be ableto play it

Archived