loans for u17s

In football manager 09 players can only go on loan when they turn 17 or sign a professional contract. Rui fonte went to arsenal on loan from sporting cp when he was 16 or 15. Therefore i think loans for u17s should be put into football manager 2010.

I'm not sure if 1 example of it happening (and I don't know the details of that particular deal) should mean FM should allow it across the board.

I'm not even sure what the laws are irl for this from country/league to countryleague. I really only replied because I'm bored at work:D

ok. Ile see if i can find any more similar deals

I think you really need to research the rules for different leagues, rather than find specific examples. I'm sure there are some leagues that allow such deals, but only under very specific circumstances, which may require excessive coding and researching for SI which may add very little to the game.

However, if allowing under 17's to go out on loan is part of football in general, then of course it should be in the game:thup:

its a country based rule system, like the one that doesnt allow brazilians leave before their 18th birthday, if you find a 15 year old player you can agree to sign but wont get till their birthday, kinda works like a 2-3 year loan

its a country based rule system, like the one that doesnt allow brazilians leave before their 18th birthday
What the hell? You're completely wrong on both counts. It's a FIFA regulation. Read page 17 of http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/regulations_on_the_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf
FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players, Section VI: International Transfer of Minors

Article 19: Protection of Minors

1. International transfers of players are only permitted if the player is over the age of 18.
  2. The following three exceptions to this rule apply:
    1. The player's parents move to the country in which the new club is located for reasons not linked to football;
    2. The transfer takes place within the territory of the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) and the player is aged between 16 and 18. In this case, the new club must fulfil the following minimum obligations:
      1. It shall provide the player with an adequate football education and/or training in line with the highest national standards.
      2. It shall guarantee the player an academic and/or school and/or vocational education and/or training, in addition to his football education and/or training, which will allow the player to pursue a career other than football should he cease playing professional football.
      3. It shall make all necessary arrangements to ensure that the player is looked after in the best possible way (optimum living standards with a host family or in club accommodation, appointment of a mentor at the club, etc.).
      4. It shall, on registration of such a player, provide the relevant association with proof that it is complying with the aforementioned obligations;

[*]The player lives no further than 50km from a national border and the club with which the player wishes to be registered in the neighbouring association is also within 50km of that border. The maximum distance between the player's domicile and the club's headquarters shall be 100km. In such cases, the player must continue to live at home and the two associations concerned must give their explicit consent.

[*]The conditions of this article shall also apply to any player who has never previously been registered with a club and is not a national of the country in which he wishes to be registered for the first time.

[*]Each association shall ensure the respect of this provision by its clubs.

[*]The Players' Status Committee shall be competent to decide on any dispute arising in relation to these matters and shall impose appropriate sanctions in the event of violation of this provision.

Calm down:eek:

The rule you pasted doesn't seem to apply to loans, which is really the type of deal in question.

Article 10 (from the same Fifa document linked by Dalimyr):

1: A professional may be loaned to another club on the basis of a written agreement between him and the clubs concerned. Any such loan is subject to the same rules as apply to the transfer of players, including the provisions on training compensation and the solidarity mechanism.

A loan is the same as a transfer. Same rules apply, including age restrictions.

Calm down:eek:

The rule you pasted doesn't seem to apply to loans, which is really the type of deal in question.

It does apply to loans, but technically depends on whether you consider youth players to be amateurs or professionals. From the same pdf I linked to:

Article 2: Status of players: amateur and professional players

1. Players participating in organised football are either amateurs or professionals.
  2. A professional is a player who has a written contract with a club and is paid more for his footballing activity than the expenses he effectively incurs. All other players are considered amateurs.

Article 10: Loan of professionals

1. A professional may be loaned to another club on the basis of a written agreement between him and the clubs concerned. Any such loan is subject to the same rules as apply to the transfer of players, including the provisions on training compensation and the solidarity mechanism

The question is whether U17s are tied to written contracts that would then make them be considered as "professionals" as per article 2.

Archived