Premier League Sticking With Managers

In my current save I have taken Swindon into the Premier League in 2011 and have noticed that most of the clubs still have the same manager when I started the game. Only Zola and Kinnear have been sacked in 3 seasons with Redknapp resigning to take the England job, Scolari taking the Brazil job and Alex Ferguson just retiring at the end of last season.

Is this trend in everyone else's game?

In my current game (I'm up to October in the 13/14 season)

Chelsea are on their 6th manager, all sacked, and have been struggling to get UEFA Cup qualification in the league.

Man.Utd are on their 3rd, Fergie retired, Rijkaard sacked.

Liverpool and Spurs must be on their 3rd or 4th as well.

Alladyce has had a new job every season - he's back at Bolton at the moment.

Does anyone feel that we have too much time in the job? The pressures aren't there from the beginning as they would be in real life...

In 01/02 I got sacked as Chelsea manager in December when I was seventh (thats with the old, pre-Abramovich Chelsea), but nowadays I didn't get sacked at United when I was eighth in november...

I'm only midway through my 2nd season on an online game, but sadly, my mate is the only EPL manager to be sacked so far.:eek:

Given that apparently, on average, a manager only lasts in that league for 16 months, it is a bit unrealistic that no one else got the boot yet. Having said that, no team has MASSIVELY underachieved yet.

Does anyone feel that we have too much time in the job? The pressures aren't there from the beginning as they would be in real life...

In 01/02 I got sacked as Chelsea manager in December when I was seventh (thats with the old, pre-Abramovich Chelsea), but nowadays I didn't get sacked at United when I was eighth in november...

Must have been around that time, or perhaps earlier, but I remember once being sacked by At. Madrid after just 6 games after 3 wins a draw and 2 losses. This was when they were in the Spanish 2nd division. I wasn't however sacked by Leverkusen (well, I was at the end) despite getting them relegated, and that was my first season in charge and the year after they got to the Champions League Final irl.

Archived