One of my squad is annoying everyone!

Has you ever had the situation where a number of your players have 'a strained relationship' with one particular player?

I have FIVE players who feel this way about one particular player, one of them to the extent that his general status is 'unhappy' for this reason.

I feel like I am going to have to get rid of him, as I get the impression that this situation is affecting the morale of the players who don't get on with him.

So, have you had to deal with this ?

I have actually. Basically, 16 of my 31 teammates were totally against a regen. He was pretty good, and worth 16 million. I couldn't sell him, and it showed he was affecting the team, because we came 5th in the Premier League, lowest finish ever. Almost got me fired.

So I released him. Only thing I could do, and it worked.

I had once too, and i got fired coz of that.

Whole of my first team against my best playmaker steven davis, i didn't know what would happen if i put him out of first team so i left him there. Results sucked alot and got fired in the end, and i was at the club for 7 freaking years...

Has anyone had a list of players with "Strained relationship with X" even though "X" left the club last season?!?!?! I've got quite a few players with United three seasons in who are strained with Nani, even though I had to sell him last season because of his high wages!!

If any of my players dislike another player I will go through the whole team to see their opinions and then offload the problem player as soon as possible. Bugle, they'll still have a problem with that player, kind of like a grudge. I know that a few players who disliked me when in my team still disliked me a few seasons later. Guess they're no the bigger men to move on :p

I've dropped and transfer-listed the player concerned. I can't actually get rid of him with it not being the transfer window, short of releasing him. I'm reluctant to do that as I turned down a bid for him in the last window.

I've been wondering if my preventing him moving to a bigger club has anything to do with why he is apparently being obnxious and annoying everyone.

Has anyone had a list of players with "Strained relationship with X" even though "X" left the club last season?!?!?! I've got quite a few players with United three seasons in who are strained with Nani, even though I had to sell him last season because of his high wages!!

i've had players with strained relationships with players that never even played with them before!

i've had players with strained relationships with players that never even played with them before!

maybe they were in the same international team or their past clubs were the same? or maybe they were irritated by the other person during a match,

maybe they were in the same international team or their past clubs were the same? or maybe they were irritated by the other person during a match,

Yes. I was a researcher for FM2007 and one of the many pieces of data for players that you are asked for is who they have good and bad relationships with. This could be for any number of reasons. I would certainly put in bad relationships where, for instance, a player had talked in interviews about not getting on with a previous manager. I think this sort of thing adds to the realism of the game, in that a player will be less likely to sign for a manager that he worked with before and hated.

I noticed a good one a while back where player X was listed as having a bad relationship with player Y - they were never team-mates but player Y had broken player X's leg in a controversial challenge the previous season. Makes perfect sense.

Yes. I was a researcher for FM2007 and one of the many pieces of data for players that you are asked for is who they have good and bad relationships with. This could be for any number of reasons. I would certainly put in bad relationships where, for instance, a player had talked in interviews about not getting on with a previous manager. I think this sort of thing adds to the realism of the game, in that a player will be less likely to sign for a manager that he worked with before and hated.

I noticed a good one a while back where player X was listed as having a bad relationship with player Y - they were never team-mates but player Y had broken player X's leg in a controversial challenge the previous season. Makes perfect sense.

oh ok i get it now.

good work

Archived