MANAGER CONTRACTS

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY A FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENT OF THIS ENTIRE GAME HAS BEEN REPEATEDLY LEFT OUT.

MANAGER'S CONTRACTS ARE AS IMPORTANT AS ANYTHING.

IF YOU ARE DOING WELL, OTHER CLUBS COME AFTER YOU AND YOUR BOARD WOULD TRY AND STOP IT EITHER OUTRIGHT OR GIVE YOU AN IMPROVED CONTRACT.

WITH THIS YOU CAN MAKE DEMANDS LIKE FLEXIBILITY ON WAGES, FUNDS ETC ETC.

ALSO IF YOUR CONTRACT IS COMING TO AN END, YOU CAN SEE HOW MUCH THEY VALUE WITH THE CONTRACT THEY OFFER, UNLESS YOU'RE CR*P AND THEY DON'T OFFER YOU new ONE WHICH IS CHEAPER THAN SACKING YOU.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY A FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENT OF THIS ENTIRE GAME HAS BEEN REPEATEDLY LEFT OUT.

MANAGER'S CONTRACTS ARE AS IMPORTANT AS ANYTHING.

IF YOU ARE DOING WELL, OTHER CLUBS COME AFTER YOU AND YOUR BOARD WOULD TRY AND STOP IT EITHER OUTRIGHT OR GIVE YOU AN IMPROVED CONTRACT.

WITH THIS YOU CAN MAKE DEMANDS LIKE FLEXIBILITY ON WAGES, FUNDS ETC ETC.

ALSO IF YOUR CONTRACT IS COMING TO AN END, YOU CAN SEE HOW MUCH THEY VALUE WITH THE CONTRACT THEY OFFER, UNLESS YOU'RE CR*P AND THEY DON'T OFFER YOU new ONE WHICH IS CHEAPER THAN SACKING YOU.

To be honest, manager contracts are pretty worthless in the PC game as you can't do anything with your salary. Other games have let you use personal wealth to let you buy stuff which gives salaries some worth. But SI have said they won't do that.

If you're managing Chelsea, you're not going to turn down the Barcelona job just because it's less money. Your decision will be entirely based on whether you feel like a new challenge.

Oh I suppose should admit that manager contracts affects the way your club reacts to you. So if you earn mega bucks and the club's having a hard time financially they will be less likely to sack you etc...

So they have some purpose but the system can't deal with personal greed eg Sven managing England for the money rather than the job. In FM you always manage for the job.

in relation to squad numbers, I've never really played FM on pc but when playing champ man on PSP I remeber teams just allocating any squa number to a player, eg if they had the no1 shirt vacant and they signed a new siker for instance, he would be alloctaed the no1 shirt, took away from the game for me

FM PC has an auto numnbering system that makes a rough guess. Your main keeper normally ends up with the number 1 shirt but others can be a bit random. But it's not a vital feature especially as there's no 2D display.

• 4 weeks later...

To my surprise, I find myself totally in favour of manager contracts in the game. I always thought it was just cosmetic, but as others have pointed out, it makes a difference to how your board deals with you, how and when you are able to move to a bigger club, and potentially how your targetted players look upon signing for you.

I'd love to see this in the game and imagine it could be implemented.

• SI Staff

We continually monitor threads where people post ideas and support for such things - if enough people want something then generally if its possible and we don't think it'll harm gameplay then we'll try and factor it into a future version ...

(but for FMH08 no one really begged for manager contracts simple as that)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> f enough people want something then generally if its possible and we don't think it'll harm gameplay then we'll try and factor it into a future version ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Theres roughly a 50-50 split on a 2d pitch. We could make it optional or unlockable for those that dont want it lol.

Archived