Confidence Problem (not a moan), advice appreciated

I know the confidence issue is well documented and rumour has it it will be sorted on FM09, which will be good.

I'm not moaning about it, just after some advice on how to counteract the problem on this version.

Here's my problem...

Been managing the same team for 14 years and have enjoyed it, last season I managed to win the Champions League for the first time, doesn't sound to bad, but...

...the board now expect me to WIN all of the following:-

English Premier League

FA Cup

League Cup

European Super Cup

Although I think we can win the all of them, I think these are pretty ambitious targets for any club, worse when you consider before winning the Champions League last season the club had only ever won the Blue Square South and Blue Square Premier (sorry, I promised I wouldn't moan).

I have two questions

1.) Will I get sacked if I only win 2 of these?

2.) If so, is there anyway to change the board expectations? (I was thinking FMM, but I don't know how it works).

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

There is no way around the confidence issues. You won't get sacked if you win two and probably won't if you don't win any but your job will be very unstable. Even changing the chairmans ambition etc doesn't seem to have an effect.

Confidence ruins the game. I've just started a fresh with Fm08 after playing FM07. I took over Sheff Wed who were 20th in the Prem with 11 points. Got them relegated but managed 34 points altogether, got them promoted on my first time of asking and after 11 games I'm 10th yet 'I should be performing better'. icon_mad.gif

I've noticed that one way around the confidence issue is to make the board very happy with the team's financial situation. Trim any fat from your payroll and don't spend any more than you have to on tranfers for a year or two. If you can do that, then the board will most likely be satisfied as long as your results are reasonable.

Archived