Joao Moutinho

Mwtralha

Try taking the Free Role off him, i'd really only use that for exceptional players with excellent vision and passing.

Take long shots off him too, 16 isn't high enough to justify wasting chances by shooting long.

He's more defensive in real life, sort of like a Pirlo kinda guy, he plays deep and pulls the strings. Spraying passes around and getting stuck in where needed, so you need to replicate this in your game.

Perhaps bring him deeper, take his Forward Runs off, take his Run With Ball off and allow him to sit in front of your DMC and spot the passes. Maybe try asking him to learn a new Movement in training?

Swisso

I'm confused about your suggestion to limit his shots from distance as I was under the impression that 16 denotes that a player is very good at that given skill or physical and/or mental characteristic???

I've got players with 15 for long shots who contribute positively in terms of goals from distance, so a player with 16 for the same attribute should do better.

Moutinho's mental stats mean that he'll be composed and know when the correct time to shoot rather than pass is.

Cheers

Oo

1st half, he had 6.1, but at the 2nd half, after I put him as playmaker, he ended up with 7.6 with and assist! (5-0 against bolonha home) dunno if it is from instroctions or not, after making him as playmaker, he ended with 61 passes, 51 complete :)

oh I forgot to mention, I havent touched the long shots, as I believe he is a very good long range shooter :) now he is doing better, but at the 1st half, he always got a bad classification (dunno why, 30+ passes and many sucessfull tackles) and at the end of the game he usually got 7.0+, even without assists or goals! from what I see, no errors, many passes, many takles, he is now first team :) thx

Swisso

I'm confused about your suggestion to limit his shots from distance as I was under the impression that 16 denotes that a player is very good at that given skill or physical and/or mental characteristic???

I've got players with 15 for long shots who contribute positively in terms of goals from distance, so a player with 16 for the same attribute should do better.

Moutinho's mental stats mean that he'll be composed and know when the correct time to shoot rather than pass is.

Cheers

I usually find throughout all the FM series that 'Long Shots' are rarely effective unless the player is 18/19/20 in that Statistic and has the PPMs associated with shooting from distance.

I usually play with such an attacking and creative team that i don't want my players to waste a chance shooting from 30 yards when he could play a throughball and allow my forwards to strike from 12 yards.

If i was playing a tough opponent, or playing with a poorer side, then i would indeed allow Long Shots as a weapon, but with my Barca team i prefer to play fast football down the wings and allow my strikers to have their shots.

I usually find throughout all the FM series that 'Long Shots' are rarely effective unless the player is 18/19/20 in that Statistic and has the PPMs associated with shooting from distance.

I usually play with such an attacking and creative team that i don't want my players to waste a chance shooting from 30 yards when he could play a throughball and allow my forwards to strike from 12 yards.

If i was playing a tough opponent, or playing with a poorer side, then i would indeed allow Long Shots as a weapon, but with my Barca team i prefer to play fast football down the wings and allow my strikers to have their shots.

Thanks Swisso. Understand your reasoning now and it makes sense.

Mwtralha

That's great that the PPM increases his chances of scoring from distance. Will need to teach my midfielders to obtain the Place Shots PPM.

Cheers

w00t he just learned to place shots and now he have scored 2 in 2 games! long range shots!

If you get another player with good Long Shots and good mental attributes then try asking him to 'Blast The Ball Into The Back Of The Net' aka Steven Gerrard type :D

Always good to mix your team up a little bit depending on the opposition goalkeeper.

Archived