Inflated Transfer Fees

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eoin_jg:

in season 2 of my watford game, real madrid paid 37.5m for giuseppe rossi.

Wtf! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually tried to sign him for around that amount, cheeky bugger went to Liverpool.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eoin_jg:

Wtf! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're basing this as unrealistic because of your opinion or him IRL. In game he is excellent and probably worth that sort of money, I had him at AC Milan and he scored 37 in 42 for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guiseppe Rossi worth £38M in a years time is completely unrealistic? Even if he could score 30 goals in a season he wouldnt cost that amount because Villareal are a small club.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yakubu22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

Wtf! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're basing this as unrealistic because of your opinion or him IRL. In game he is excellent and probably worth that sort of money, I had him at AC Milan and he scored 37 in 42 for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guiseppe Rossi worth £38M in a years time is completely unrealistic? Even if he could score 30 goals in a season he wouldnt cost that amount because Villareal are a small club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again you're basing that on your own personal perception of footbal today IRL. IN game he is worth £38m because he scores over 30 a season and in the context of the game if Corluka is worth £25m then Rossi is worth a lot more.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yakubu22:

Wtf! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guiseppe Rossi worth £38M in a years time is completely unrealistic? Even if he could score 30 goals in a season he wouldnt cost that amount because Villareal are a small club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again you're basing that on your own personal perception of footbal today IRL. IN game he is worth £38m because he scores over 30 a season and in the context of the game if Corluka is worth £25m then Rossi is worth a lot more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and back to my original point. If this isnt based on Real life then what the hell is this game based on?

The reason SI get researchers and the game uses real player names- is beacuse its meant to simulate the real football world. So of course I will base my opinions comparing real life to what happens in the game.

You wouldnt expect Messi to sign for Tranmere Rovers because you EXPECT realism

Does anyone else feel that the Transfer Fees paid by the clubs in FM (8.02) are totally over the top?

Is it Clubs having too much money (i.e. a lot more than they have in real life)?

I'll give you an example in Season 3 of my game. Man Utd paid £39M for Michael Johnson (from city). i know he's a hot prospect in real life but c'mon!

In Season 1 Liverpool paid £25M for Verdun Corluka (also from City).

Also in Season 1 Ac Milan paid £25M for Diarra (from Pompey).

I'm now half way throug my third season and it seems a lot of clubs who play European football all have a £25M-£35M signing in the last couple of seasons. Often for players who really aren't even world class.

I agree that some price inflation may take place over time but some of the transfer fees have been mystifying.

I dont know if anyone else has similar experiences... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>'

yeh arsenal and ac milan offered me 120 million for cristiano ronaldo

Archived