Constructive feedback.

Thanks for the good feedback !

The LL salary cap was on our list of things to try and implement already for FM09, but we did not have the time to implement it this year. So I would not really call it a bug, since it is just one of many real life things that is not yet modelled in the game. We are going to try and fit this into the plans for the next FM naturally.

Apologies. My mistake.

It's not a bug at all.

I was thinking of things that were missing that I had hoped would be in this game and meant to make a new section entitled "missed opportunities".

Cheers Riz:thup:.

Les G. I've got no problems with anyone disagreeing with me.

I didn't substantiate my comments simply because they are my opinions based on my experience of the game. They are not being put forward as anything other than that. It's quite possible that after managing for a longer period, with higher reputation teams, or in other leagues then I will have a different opinion. At the moment this is honestly as I see it.

To give you a bit of background, at this stage last year I had given up playing FM completely, (actually I think I had just stopped giving up and had started again with the last patch), but you get my drift.

I found the game unplayable because I was encountering game-ending bugs which led to me being sacked through no fault of my own, (board expectation bug and lower league attendance bug, (the latter impacting severly on finances). Now obviously as I'm not encountering these things I'm sure that you can see why my feedback might be considered positive by comparison.

Considering what happened when SI introduced the 2D match engine with CM4, (an unmitigated disaster), I would suggest that this is a distinct improvement.

Apologies to the MODs for thge number of consecutive posts.

Long shots is something that others seem to class as a serious bug and I am yet to make up my mind on this. I would agree that long range goals seem to be scored too often in the lower leagues
This is really getting annoying for me in the game. Nearly every game the opponent scores a long range goal and usualy from the player whose long shots are very weak.
The one thing in this area that I have encountered that I might class as a serious issue is the regularity with which players are hitting the woodwork with shots.
Yip again usually the team i am managing this happens to a lot. Very annoying in this version.
Minimal bugs.

-Penalties being awarded on a regular basis for challenges that seem to be outside the box.

I thought it was only me that noticed this. I have had pens for and agains me in the game when the foul was clearly outside the box. Driving me nuts now and good i now know this is happening to tohers in game also.

Also pen shoot outs, lost all in the game so far even agianst lower level teams. Now i know this happens sometimes but not every single shoot out a team has had. Seems the opponent are so much better at pens than the team i am managing.

-Arsenal seem significantly over-rated in the game.

This is so annoying and has put me off playing the the EPL for now.

But these issuse's are not enough to stop me playing the game altogether. But i really hope the new patch will sort out the problems.

I've spent 3 days working on my "constructive feedback" and it's not ready yet (I'm backing each of my concerns up with screenshots and pkms where possible). Needless to say there are countless dissapointments along with the improvements.

My worry is that my feedback will get lost amongst the rants on the forum and I'd really like to know I'm being listened to. Short of writing an official letter to SI HQ is there any way I can be sure my constructive feedback is at least acknowledged?

It's a great game on the whole but the one problem I seem to encounter which has ruined my enjoyment a bit is this - it may have been mentioned before but I'm not on here often.

I have overachieved in each season (first season - top-half finish, second season - play-off promotion and third season top-half in the Blue Square Premier) and at the end of each season my job is very secure and the board are delighted but then as soon as a new season starts it's as though all my achievements to date have been wiped out. My job is back to stable and the board are merely satisfied. It's happened every season and means that if I get off to a poor start one season, I don't have the security I should have to buy myself time.

I've spent 3 days working on my "constructive feedback" and it's not ready yet (I'm backing each of my concerns up with screenshots and pkms where possible). Needless to say there are countless dissapointments along with the improvements.

My worry is that my feedback will get lost amongst the rants on the forum and I'd really like to know I'm being listened to. Short of writing an official letter to SI HQ is there any way I can be sure my constructive feedback is at least acknowledged?

The best threads don't tend to get lost. You should be fine.

Archived