What the hell? Experts needed here

I really have no idea what to do now...

There was another thread created by me discussing strikers not coming back and defend

Here is an illustration for you:

joke.JPG

You can see the 2 strikers standing just there doin absolutely nothin... It's a f.ckin joke if you excuse me... I have them on relative low mentality, no FWR-s, high closing down, one of them relatively low creative freedom

But I've tried other settings as well, none worked.

The amazing gap between the 2 strikers and opposition midfield is simply amazing. I want at least 1 of those 2 to come back defend, close oppositions down.

I am asking for help here, I'd be glad if some of the tactical experts could have a look at my issue. Is it even possible to make strikers come back and defend, or this bacis element is simply missing from the game?!

I have one of my strikers with 7 + 20 closing down + thru passes + hard tackling +no FWR ... works wonders vs. teams that uses 5 midfielders (3 central (2 DM + CM or DM + 2 CM) and 2 wingers) like Villa, Man City and West Ham. Gotta have decent stamina thou, coz he runs outta energy at the half time and often gets replaced around the 60th minute.

What you could do, is have one of your strikers to man mark a central MC - the opponent usually have one who never run forward( defensive mid), pick him.

Keep the strikers closing down high so he still keep putting pressure in hes zone..

"What you could do, is have one of your strikers to man mark a central MC - the opponent usually have one who never run forward( defensive mid), pick him.

Keep the strikers closing down high so he still keep putting pressure in hes zone.."

Yeah, this is something I tried, but it is still far away from what I'm looking for. It works to some degree, but it's just not good enough for me.

Thanks for the input!

"What you could do, is have one of your strikers to man mark a central MC - the opponent usually have one who never run forward( defensive mid), pick him.

Keep the strikers closing down high so he still keep putting pressure in hes zone.."

Yeah, this is something I tried, but it is still far away from what I'm looking for. It works to some degree, but it's just not good enough for me.

Thanks for the input!

Tight marking is all that's needed, nothing more.

Hahaha :D

Found a way: mentality: 1, closing down: 20 tight marking ticked... this way they'll track back at times, but what realistic settings right? :D Joke....

Ahh and having played quite a few matches now, I found that my fullbacks with crossing often from byline cut in regurarly, while my wingers with crossing on rarely with high creative freedom get into crossing positions constantly... :D

Brilliant logic guys ;)

Archived