Trying to create a Full continental Database for my Caribbean Save... I keep getting the same error message

arsenalrodj

Sounds like a problem with ranking levels, have you set those for the competition? And if there are any extraneous stages (like the league table to calculate the 6 teams who qualify to CCL) make sure you select the stage flag "do not rank teams using this stage" or whatever it is

I've been trying to set this up myself, its not easy as it is not clear always from the error messages what is wrong

(in particular the way it 'counts' the errors; I tested your file and got slightly different error message as it said 18 teams instead of 12 rather than 19 as your screen- however I could immediately see you had 13 teams set to qualify for the 12 team first round instead of 12 (you have 11 items, but two of them have max 2 teams, so 9*1 +2*2 = 13) but when I change it to 12 the error message then says 11 teams instead of 12!)

My own version I've managed to get it verified in the editor at least, but it still doesn't properly work in game

The main challenge is getting it to pick the correct teams to qualify for the first  round of the CONCACAF league (i.e those that have a bye in the preliminary round)-, I've tried various combinations of fates and get qualifed/lowest seeded teams but no joy yet.

If I get it working properly will let you know, but first thing I did was set it up in basic rules first before then converting to advanced- it looks to me like you set it up straight away in advanced rules, as some of the (very likely mandatory) tables like required teams are empty.

Although basic doesn't give you all the flexibility required to set qualifying teams up properly (i.e. things like 2nd & 3rd Caribbean Championship teams qualifying for CONCACAF League) I would say it is better to set in basic first and then covert to advanced, as it at least gives you a base to work from.

Then again what do I know, as I can't get it fully working either so feel free to ignore me!

Edited by JBZ

Thank you a lot for your response. I have tried also many random qualification type but like you no joy. I will keep trying different options and see if I can do it. I did do it straight form the advance rule. 

Good luck with you file.. let see who figure it out first.