Better way of valuing players in fm

Leedsunitedfan3

As we all know FM has CA/PA ratings

If a 190+ player like Neymar goes for £200m FM should make it so every player of his CA and around his CA go for around 200m dependent on age/league etc. 

They could set the fees like this 

100CA =amount 

120CA=amount 

Right the way to 200CA=amount. 

Or allow us to update this in game and set the hardcaps for both AI and us so it reflects real life. 

I want this in the game working both for the buying and selling clubs as I'm sick and tired of having to pay 40m for a player worth 15m and if I offef the same player out I get offered 11m.

It just seems unrealistic that if we have a 22 year old scoring goals for fun in the Premier league with 5 years left on his contact and a CA of 190 the most we get is this hard cap of around £120m the worst part is this cap only works one way as other clubs are prepared to offer each other over £120m for players but if his you player who would he worth £200m in real life your lucky to to get offered anything over £80m. 

You really need to get rid or this bias of AI clubs they give us less whilst we pay them more the most we can get for a player is around £120m but I get them offers instantly rejected and I know this cap exists for the player as you ask for 1k more and its instantly rejected even if its someone as good as Messi. 

I'm well aware the editor has a feature which allows you to change values but it doesn't work like it's supposed to it still favours the AI managers.

Also if I notice a player is worth 100k why can't I get him for 20 times more than that? 

People say oh it's a guide its a guide but a guide price never ends up been 10x less than the actual price. 

On the flip side, it's fairly unrealistic to expect nine figure transfers when there have only been five such transfers (according to Wikipedia) to date that are £100,000,000 or more.

Having a strict correlation between ability and transfer is rudimentary and discounts the vast number of inputs that influence a fee.

Now, I can't speak to what influences the transfer in-game valuation now, but it should be some combination

• Buying club financial health
    • Only so many clubs can afford significant transfer fees and most of those are financed by means beyond their football generated revenue or by leveraging debt
  • Selling club financial health
    • Financing a stadium/training ground
    • Reinvesting in squad
      • Liverpool selling Coutinho; buying Van Dijk and Allison (referenced later, but none of these are independent factors)
    • Keeping up with existing transfer commitments
  • FFP regulations
    • More stringently enforced in FM than real life, but that's the game
  • Buying club valuation of the position (tactically)
    • Chelsea buying Jorginho for Sarri; Kante for Conte
    • United buying Fellaini for Moyes; Matic for Mourinho
  • Buying club valuation of the position (talent)
    • Does the anticipated improvement at a position warrant the transfer fee?
  • Does the buying club anticipating offsetting the transfer fee with player sales
    • I think Madrid expected to offset Hazard by selling Bale, is that right?
  • Selling club valuation of the position (tactically)
    • Liverpool selling Coutinho
  • Selling club valuation of the position / Cost of replacement
    • Leicester selling Maguire, Chilwell; buying Soyuncu, Castagne
  • Club Vision/Cycle importance
    • PSG buying Neymar was a show of intent and financial ability
    • Liverpool buying Van Dijk and Allison were "the last pieces" to winning silverware
    • City investing however much in full backs over the last several seasons.
  • Player performance valuation
    • Maguire's valuation after strong WC 18 and season at Leicester city; but also demonstration of Man United financial muscle
    • PSG: Mbappe after Monaco's Ligue 1 winning season
  • Player desire to leave
    • Cesc only wanted to go to Barca limited Arsenal's ability to extract a fee; no bidding war
  • Player contract situation
    • ::gestures vaguely at Arsenal missteps over last five years::
  • Player wages
    • Arsenal Kolasinac/Mhkitaryan
  • Player age
    • Seeing a shift to the price on potential and demonstrated ability at a young age
      • Arsenal: Saliba
      • Leicester: Fofana
      • PSG: Mbappe

I think more could be done to better to show us, the game player, what the "break even" or "profitability" of a transfer is and I detailed that here and break down between the perceived value, aka the TransferMarkt value and club accountant's value.

Edited by Harper

2 hours ago, Harper said:

On the flip side, it's fairly unrealistic to expect nine figure transfers when there have only been five such transfers (according to Wikipedia) to date that are £100,000,000 or more.

Having a strict correlation between ability and transfer is rudimentary and discounts the vast number of inputs that influence a fee.

Now, I can't speak to what influences the transfer in-game valuation now, but it should be some combination

• Buying club financial health
    • Only so many clubs can afford significant transfer fees and most of those are financed by means beyond their football generated revenue or by leveraging debt
  • Selling club financial health
    • Financing a stadium/training ground
    • Reinvesting in squad
      • Liverpool selling Coutinho; buying Van Dijk and Allison (referenced later, but none of these are independent factors)
    • Keeping up with existing transfer commitments
  • FFP regulations
    • More stringently enforced in FM than real life, but that's the game
  • Buying club valuation of the position (tactically)
    • Chelsea buying Jorginho for Sarri; Kante for Conte
    • United buying Fellaini for Moyes; Matic for Mourinho
  • Buying club valuation of the position (talent)
    • Does the anticipated improvement at a position warrant the transfer fee?
  • Does the buying club anticipating offsetting the transfer fee with player sales
    • I think Madrid expected to offset Hazard by selling Bale, is that right?
  • Selling club valuation of the position (tactically)
    • Liverpool selling Coutinho
  • Selling club valuation of the position / Cost of replacement
    • Leicester selling Maguire, Chilwell; buying Soyuncu, Castagne
  • Club Vision/Cycle importance
    • PSG buying Neymar was a show of intent and financial ability
    • Liverpool buying Van Dijk and Allison were "the last pieces" to winning silverware
    • City investing however much in full backs over the last several seasons.
  • Player performance valuation
    • Maguire's valuation after strong WC 18 and season at Leicester city; but also demonstration of Man United financial muscle
    • PSG: Mbappe after Monaco's Ligue 1 winning season
  • Player desire to leave
    • Cesc only wanted to go to Barca limited Arsenal's ability to extract a fee; no bidding war
  • Player contract situation
    • ::gestures vaguely at Arsenal missteps over last five years::
  • Player wages
    • Arsenal Kolasinac/Mhkitaryan
  • Player age
    • Seeing a shift to the price on potential and demonstrated ability at a young age
      • Arsenal: Saliba
      • Leicester: Fofana
      • PSG: Mbappe

I think more could be done to better to show us, the game player, what the "break even" or "profitability" of a transfer is and I detailed that here and break down between the perceived value, aka the TransferMarkt value and club accountant's value.

+ Player Réputation