Improve Answer Meanings

Weston

I said this:

image.thumb.png.d78e3f3c05fa8603cfe6050f95237beb.png

And it's wildly blown out of proportion:

image.thumb.png.0e59c1aa9c9066f998ca92bf6fa9de8a.png

image.thumb.png.e79ad0aec2282eb2c75ba0848b5ddd10.png

I just wanted to say it was a harsh decision, which it was, and the game seems to think I was ranting and raving to the point I need to be disciplined..? Also to the bit about the replay proving the ref was correct, I never denied it was a foul, I just think it was hard to give a red for it...

Regardless, it was not clear that I was choosing some sort of nuclear option with that text response, and this should be improved upon.

• 2 weeks later...

Completely agree! It was put forward to me in a Pre Game conference that Pep Guardiola was speaking highly of me, and how do I take it. I responded saying I appreciate it especially coming from someone I admire. After the game, in the post match conference they said that Pep seems to show no desire to cool the war of words with me. I was beside myself. That was completely not the way the conferences had gone and was completely fabricated by the game. Pep and I were on good terms, both praising the other and all of a sudden I'm answering questions about a supposed war of words. Ridiculous!

5 hours ago, barrenjoey14 said:

Completely agree! It was put forward to me in a Pre Game conference that Pep Guardiola was speaking highly of me, and how do I take it. I responded saying I appreciate it especially coming from someone I admire. After the game, in the post match conference they said that Pep seems to show no desire to cool the war of words with me. I was beside myself. That was completely not the way the conferences had gone and was completely fabricated by the game. Pep and I were on good terms, both praising the other and all of a sudden I'm answering questions about a supposed war of words. Ridiculous!

Agreed. I mean, there should be room for the press to take quotes out of context for drama, as they are known to do from time to time, but this is not achieving that goal, if that even is meant to be a goal here.

I think this has something with person who asks you question. Journalists have their traits and it seems to me that those with "devious" traits etc, especialy if they're not on good terms with you (unfriendly or indiferent, etc) are going to twist your words and try to create "scandal". It happened to me as well.

It's like in RL, you say one thing they writte you said completely opposite.