Question: Average Profit from Selling a Player?

When I sell a player with a special condition: percentage of next sale, or percentage of profit from next sale... I wonder:

What the average profit from selling a player?... Any rough estimate is appreciated.

I'm assuming that the amount I get from a percentage of total sales will obviously be much higher than a share of profits...

Thanks.

Depends a huge amount on whether the player improves, whether the buying club is a bigger club in a division where players are generally worth more, whether the player improves their ability or reputation, whether the player is sold cheaply at the end of their contract and whether the original sale was at a good price or not.

As a general rule you don't usually expect any transfer profits at all on older players, usually expect big ones if they jump to a much bigger league or are a young player who's miles from their potential. 

1 hour ago, enigmatic said:

Depends a huge amount on whether the player improves, whether the buying club is a bigger club in a division where players are generally worth more, whether the player improves their ability or reputation, whether the player is sold cheaply at the end of their contract and whether the original sale was at a good price or not.

As a general rule you don't usually expect any transfer profits at all on older players, usually expect big ones if they jump to a much bigger league or are a young player who's miles from their potential. 

I meant to say what's the average profit in *percentage* (not in absolute values), but I think your point still holds true.  I got it, the profit is the difference between what the club pays and sells for. Thanks.