Leagues with player age limit

I'm currently playing in Chile on a network game with a lower league expansion and level 3 downwards have a rule of no players over 24 years.

My question is if this is accurate what do players in Chile do once they reach 24?  Do they just retire? Move abroad? Get a contract at a level 1 or 2 club if they're lucky?

As a side note FM doesn't handle this rule well, I holidayed for 30 seasons to check the stability of the extra files and in some cases some clubs have kept players well into their 30's not playing a game for a decade or more

• 2 weeks later...
En 3/6/2020 a las 5:17, Brother Ben dijo:

I'm currently playing in Chile on a network game with a lower league expansion and level 3 downwards have a rule of no players over 24 years.

My question is if this is accurate what do players in Chile do once they reach 24?  Do they just retire? Move abroad? Get a contract at a level 1 or 2 club if they're lucky?

As a side note FM doesn't handle this rule well, I holidayed for 30 seasons to check the stability of the extra files and in some cases some clubs have kept players well into their 30's not playing a game for a decade or more

Hi... the rule for these players (the real rule is only 5 players over 24, if you cant put a single player over 24, the patch its not accurated), also if you expand to level 4 and 5 (no foreigners no loans, and they're semipro), the players if have contracts they wait till the end to became free agents and return to 2nd tier, as free agents i think 2-3 with no team they get retired.

As you say, in real life, chilean clubs terminate contracts inmediately when they get relegated to level 3 and 4 of over 24 yrs players, some teams keep them to sell and gain some money

10 hours ago, ucdark said:

Hi... the rule for these players (the real rule is only 5 players over 24, if you cant put a single player over 24, the patch its not accurated), also if you expand to level 4 and 5 (no foreigners no loans, and they're semipro), the players if have contracts they wait till the end to became free agents and return to 2nd tier, as free agents i think 2-3 with no team they get retired.

As you say, in real life, chilean clubs terminate contracts inmediately when they get relegated to level 3 and 4 of over 24 yrs players, some teams keep them to sell and gain some money

Thanks for the clarification, I think the database I downloaded is correct, got it from here https://www.fmsite.net/files/file/916-parche-football-manager-chile-204/

A very impressive update.  Love getting to know different leagues with different systems