Issues with removing B teams (Spain/Portugal)

el_tgv

I got bored during lockdown and decided to tackle one of the longest running personal irritants impacting my FM experience: messed up career stats pages. I've searched around and seen a few people mention it on here, but no real solutions appear to be available.

For anyone confused by what I mean, I'm talking about the way the player history page logs the progress of younger players at clubs with B or II clubs. Multiple entries for the same season, usually with no competitive appearances for at least one of the teams. In 2020 I've even seen a number of experienced players 'demoted' to a B team at the peak of their careers, carrying forward a blank entry for the rest of their playing days. 

Anyway, I decided to take a sledgehammer to this nut of a problem, and took measures to 'remove' secondary teams from Spain, France, Germany, Portugal and Holland. Generally, I simply changed the link between the clubs from B/II to feeder. Removing the B/II clubs from league ecosystems was causing a lot of issues, particularly in Spain where the league structure is pretty complicated. I reduced the reputations of the newly severed bastard clubs and moved players across to their parent clubs. I've replaced these B/II clubs with U23 teams and leagues which mirror the structure of their respective senior divisions.

This stuff has worked perfectly well for France, Germany and Holland. The new structures appear to play out as planned as I've simmed a few tests.

In Spain and Portugal, the top clubs are creating B teams of their own, typically after a year or two of simulation. These teams have no active league or fixtures, but they certainly appear as an additional record in player histories. I've been looking around for a trigger, to no avail so far.

As a test, I added an inactive B team (not used, never used) to teams in La Liga, but this didn't prevent the top eight clubs in the league from forming B clubs in 2020.

My request here is twofold.

1. Does anyone know what is likely to be up with Portugal and Spain? France also uses a B team format for its second teams but the clubs there don't regenerate B teams.

2. My solution does the job in Germany/France/Holland but it's hardly the most elegant...has anyone else produced workarounds for this?

My guess, by experience with portuguese lower leagues, is that Portugal and Spain have active creation of B teams.

I've seen in advaced rules and is in fact that. Unbox in advanced rules.

I've unbox this in my portuguese update, and so far none have appear.

imagem.thumb.png.5c1475a7f74a9f5bb3ad6f81fa2cdbef.pngimagem.thumb.png.1d692e541a09579c24f13148d5ce561f.png

Edited by TH3 K1LL3R

Thanks for looking. I'm not sure this is the case, at least for Spain. I haven't looked into Portugal's rules as I figure that whatever causes Spain to generate B teams is probably the same there.

I have removed B teams on that page for Spain, and also selected "don't allow optional reserve teams" as an option under Reserve Teams to Create. I didn't mention this in my original post, but choosing that option appears to block human managers from requesting B teams.

I just completed another quick test which doesn't give me much optimism; I created a simple new league structure for Spain and was careful to exclude B teams wherever possible. The big clubs (Barca, Real, Atletico, Athletic Club, Valencia always...often joined by Sevilla, Espanyol, Villarreal) still generated B teams at the 2020 new season.

It looks like something hardcoded, or simply beyond the realms of the editor at least. I did all of this in advance of starting a new game so it's probably a moot point, but any further ideas would be welcome!

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem!! Please keep us posted with your findings, this would make the game so much better.

I think maybe an approach would be not to remove the b teams, but to alter the rules of the team to make it imposible for players in the first team to be inscribed in the b team. 

Edited by fayon

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 03/05/2020 at 18:23, el_tgv said:

I got bored during lockdown and decided to tackle one of the longest running personal irritants impacting my FM experience: messed up career stats pages. I've searched around and seen a few people mention it on here, but no real solutions appear to be available.

For anyone confused by what I mean, I'm talking about the way the player history page logs the progress of younger players at clubs with B or II clubs. Multiple entries for the same season, usually with no competitive appearances for at least one of the teams. In 2020 I've even seen a number of experienced players 'demoted' to a B team at the peak of their careers, carrying forward a blank entry for the rest of their playing days. 

Anyway, I decided to take a sledgehammer to this nut of a problem, and took measures to 'remove' secondary teams from Spain, France, Germany, Portugal and Holland. Generally, I simply changed the link between the clubs from B/II to feeder. Removing the B/II clubs from league ecosystems was causing a lot of issues, particularly in Spain where the league structure is pretty complicated. I reduced the reputations of the newly severed bastard clubs and moved players across to their parent clubs. I've replaced these B/II clubs with U23 teams and leagues which mirror the structure of their respective senior divisions.

This stuff has worked perfectly well for France, Germany and Holland. The new structures appear to play out as planned as I've simmed a few tests.

In Spain and Portugal, the top clubs are creating B teams of their own, typically after a year or two of simulation. These teams have no active league or fixtures, but they certainly appear as an additional record in player histories. I've been looking around for a trigger, to no avail so far.

As a test, I added an inactive B team (not used, never used) to teams in La Liga, but this didn't prevent the top eight clubs in the league from forming B clubs in 2020.

My request here is twofold.

1. Does anyone know what is likely to be up with Portugal and Spain? France also uses a B team format for its second teams but the clubs there don't regenerate B teams.

2. My solution does the job in Germany/France/Holland but it's hardly the most elegant...has anyone else produced workarounds for this?

Solution found.

See thread