Reserve Team Problems - FM20 Mobile

Hey! I have been asked to post this here.

I have FM20 for mobile and am experiencing issues with the reserve team function. Bar saves in England, my reserve teams play NO games a season! Is there a reason for this?

Also, when I loan players out they too seem to play no games for their new club...

Both cause big issues with planning with youngsters.

Any help would be great. Cheers.

To confirm, I've had saves in both Germany and Spain whereby the reserve team play NO matches in a season. My saves involving English teams do tend to have reserve teams playing matches. Thank you.

• SI Staff

Hi, what teams are you using in Germany and Spain? Some of the B teams/II teams are in the main league system and have a chance to show up in later seasons. 

With the loan issue, are there games showing up on the player history? There is a known issue where sometimes it will say a player did not play while on loan in a news item but they had actually played

Hi Angelos! Thank you for getting back to me, it is much appreciated.

I am using Stuttgart and Real San Sebastian. Both saves are in the second season and the reserve team has not played a game in either save in any of the seasons. Also, when I click onto the reserve team fixtures, none show up.

Thank you.

• SI Staff

Hi RKT, 

Regarding Stuttgart II, they don't play in the German reserve league system, they play in the main league system at level 4 (the level below 3. Liga). Therefore they would have to be one of the teams selected for promotion by the game in order for them to play fixtures.

Regarding Real San Sebastian B, they currently start the game in the Second Division B2 (if you have that league loaded) so they should play fixtures in the second season if they don't get relegated.

Additionally it is not possible to arrange your own friendlies in the game atm.

49 minutes ago, James Akintayo said:

Hi RKT, 

Regarding Stuttgart II, they don't play in the German reserve league system, they play in the main league system at level 4 (the level below 3. Liga). Therefore they would have to be one of the teams selected for promotion by the game in order for them to play fixtures.

Regarding Real San Sebastian B, they currently start the game in the Second Division B2 (if you have that league loaded) so they should play fixtures in the second season if they don't get relegated.

Hi James.

So for Stuttgart, the reserve team would need to be randomly selected to be promoted in-game to allow them to play fixtures? Until then, there's nothing that can be done to get them to play fixtures?

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, RKT91 said:

Hi James.

So for Stuttgart, the reserve team would need to be randomly selected to be promoted in-game to allow them to play fixtures? Until then, there's nothing that can be done to get them to play fixtures?

that's correct

• 3 months later...
On 28/04/2020 at 07:36, James Akintayo said:

Hi RKT, 

Hi I play has Juventus but they play no games in there reserve team. Mean while every other teams reserve team have matches

• SI Staff

If a reserve team plays in the regular league system and not the reserve league system, they will only appear to play games if they are promoted to a playable league.

Currently promoted team are selected at random from team outside the playable league.

On 18/08/2020 at 14:36, Simonbky071 said:

Hi I play has Juventus but they play no games in there reserve team. Mean while every other teams reserve team have matches

Juventus 2nd team play in Serie C which isnt loaded by default so you will need to enable Serie C when creating a new save in order for them to have fixtures.