Outrageous Transfer Bids?

Okay...my player has 6 months left on his contract....they want to make $0 offer...fine! But why the hell I would agree to pay his salary? Isn't it outrageous? Is this a bug? I had same problem with Mesut Ozil when he had 6 months left on his contract and other club wanted him for free with me contributing bulk of his salary!When I didn't he just straight up became angry and stuff.

Outrageous Transfer Bids.PNG

The salary contribution is only until the end of his contract with you. So whatever they are paying you are saving in relation to what it would cost if you kept him that long. So it's worth it if you really aren't gonna use him.

In this instance you would save £301,500. It's not great but if you wouldn't play him at all and he left on a free at the end this offer would be preferable. They are still cheeky b*stards though

Edited by Caning the Days

I only know it because I once thought like you so had to ask!

Over the years I turned down loads of good offers that in hindsight may have been worth taking up. I am still a bit obsessed with working out exactly which of the offers would be better... higher fee and higher wage contribution, or lower fee lower contribution. Maybe it tells you a summary somewhere but I haven't noticed it. That might be a nice addition if it's not there

It is why a lot of clubs in real life struggle to offload players and the loan market has become more popular among bigger clubs, Why would a player leave say 100k a week for 50k when he has a contract that the club agreed with him

The selling club may have to take a hit to even get some of his wages off the books, The selling team know this and play too it