(FM20) Editor forcing to use random medley of gaudy away kits.

WIGutie

Hi, I've used the editor in previous versions, and never had this issue before. In 2020, the game seems to force me to use these gaudy awful designs for on the road, for seemingly no reason... for EVERY road match, and it's not even consistent, like one awful design for each team (Image shows it). I even have a full kit design to boot, and my home design is fine when playing, and I even reverse/have changed patterns and color schemes for the road too.... only to be still compelled to use these same Elder scrolls randomizer tier kits (they dont even stick to the same jersey style).

I genuinely have no idea as to why this is happening since I'm following the same manner in which I've made a custom team using the Editor in 2014, 15, 16, and 19 (simply kept playing a 2015 file for eons before getting 19). None of which did I have this issue.

Any help would be genuinely appreciated, as I simply can't see any reason for this that makes sense and really have no idea what is causing it after about an hour or so of nothing but deleting and redoing kits to no avail.

kitproblems.PNG

Edited by WIGutie

Not quite sure what relevance the pic has to your complaint? 

You seem to be saying that you have to change kits to a random selection of away kits when you play away, but the screenshot shown shows the kit of your opponents when they play at your ground? And plenty of them are wearing their home shirts (eg Boston amber, Kettering red) and when the away side has changed (eg Kidderminster, York) it's because their usual red/white home kit clashes with yours. 

So are you just checking this in the wrong bit of the editor (there are about 3 or 4 of these similar charts and this one is you at home, the next one down in you away) or are you actually being made to play your away games in the away kit of your opponent rather than YOUR away kit? 

Confused. 

I have noticed the occasional weird change though, Newport v Cambridge for one. Makes Newport play in their away at home because apparently Amber clashes with Cambridge's white away. I fixed that with a gradual darkening of the home Amber kit and adding it as an Alt home kit. 

Edited by griffin99

On 21/04/2020 at 18:57, griffin99 said:

Not quite sure what relevance the pic has to your complaint? 

You seem to be saying that you have to change kits to a random selection of away kits when you play away, but the screenshot shown shows the kit of your opponents when they play at your ground? And plenty of them are wearing their home shirts (eg Boston amber, Kettering red) and when the away side has changed (eg Kidderminster, York) it's because their usual red/white home kit clashes with yours. 

So are you just checking this in the wrong bit of the editor (there are about 3 or 4 of these similar charts and this one is you at home, the next one down in you away) or are you actually being made to play your away games in the away kit of your opponent rather than YOUR away kit? 

Confused. 

I have noticed the occasional weird change though, Newport v Cambridge for one. Makes Newport play in their away at home because apparently Amber clashes with Cambridge's white away. I fixed that with a gradual darkening of the home Amber kit and adding it as an Alt home kit. 

For whatever reason the game is imposing some random kits that I did not want nor create to be used during road matches. I used the screenshot in question as and example of it should be working correctly. I'm not sure why this is. Everything seems to be set up properly for both my club and others in my home matches (hence the relevancy of it). I was more stating that the kit selection screen is showing everything as normal. The selection screen is actually working properly. Those kits should be their selections shown. I wasn't clear in stating I was NOT referring to the "away" kits being wrong. I guess it came across otherwise. No, those kits are entirely as they should be. I was trying to cite that everything LOOKS like it should be fine via the editor.

But when I play road matches I'm usually force to use some weird blend of designs (a lot of times checkered/other odd ones) and 2-3 colors in my road matches, for seemingly no reason. I even entered my club into kit selection section of other teams within the editor to check. It lists my proper away kit, but in game, I get some wacky jersey designs in game.... for no understandable reason. I was curious if anyone knew what the issue could possibly be. 

Edited by WIGutie

Oh, that *IS* weird - have you done any kit importing, downloaded custom kit pics etc? You might be seeing 3D kits from a file that doesn't correspond to the colours in the editor?

Even with that I don't know why it would be different each time - maybe you have a config file in your file structure somewhere with the team IDs and different kit colours assigned to them? 

Edited by griffin99