Problem with my tactic.

9b90dcf56f247b2d08c7f6fcfe06878b.png

Last season i had amazing results with this tactic 44 wins, 10 draws and 4 losses (including League, cups and champions league and europe league)

This season im struggling to score more than 2 goals per game and play good football.

Can someone help me? im having trouble to score goals and to dominate the ball in the opposition midfield.

Edited by MIRLAND 16

Attacking-wise, the first problem is the isolation of your striker:

1. he is the only player on attack duty in the entire setup

2. you play him in the AF role, which - as the most advanced and attack-minded role - generally tends to end up isolated when played as a lone striker, especially in aggressive tactics like yours (he's probably lacking space in which to operate)

So you should consider a different role for your striker. My personal preference would be - PF on attack duty.

Another problem is a lack of penetration from deep.

Then you have a congested midfield due to the setup of roles and duties among these 5 positions. Your players need some space to breathe, you cannot pack them all into virtually the same area. 

When it comes to defensive instructions, they are needlessly aggressive, which is not only risky defensively, but also denies your players space in the final third. On top of that, an instruction such as tight marking makes no sense and is essentially counter-productive in this type of both formation and tactic.

You use offside trap while at the same time your CBs are given different duties (one on defend, the other on cover). 

I hope these remarks will help you understand what is problematic in your tactic and what you could/should change to improve it.

21 hours ago, MIRLAND 16 said:

This season im struggling to score more than 2 goals per game and play good football.

Could be your transfers because the tactic is clearly not terrible. Is Bale new?  Your obviously going for a possession style with all those support duties, more cautious in possession instructions and aggressive out of possession instructions, but does Bale fit in a possession style?  He's always been a direct player, running into space or at defenders, typically to create a shooting opportunity for himself.   If you play safe/slow and he gets the ball against a deep/organized defence he's probably just going to have a long shot.

I like having lots of support duties in a possession system, but I also like to have some fluid movement, typically from the forward dropping to link/create and allowing a midfielder to make runs past him, in this system it would be the AMC but not sure that fits the players?  Having a lone forward play on the defences shoulder can work and create space for your player in the hole, but then the forward is not likely to have space to run into like an AF wants and wide forwards like IW and IF are all converging into the middle so even if they beat a defender with a dribble will have another defender immediately on them.  A lone forward who doesn't drop is more likely to be a Poacher in this style, trying to just find space in the box or a DLF laying it off to a support player before making his run.

6 hours ago, MIRLAND 16 said:

Ok thank you so much, for the midfield what do you suggest? 

Midfield is just one part of the problem. You cannot just change some roles in the midfield and think that's it. All pieces of the tactic need to feet together.

I can give you an example of how a possible 4231 could look, but I cannot tell you if that particular one would be optimal for your team (or desired style of play) specifically.

For example, something like this could make sense:

PFat

IWsu           AMat           Wat

DLPde   BBM

FBat     CD     BPD      FBsu

SKsu

But as I said, this is just one possible example (not necessarily the one that would optimally suit your players). 

• 2 weeks later...