New Team / New Players not developing links between them??

laxrulz7

So a new team with all brand new players. I've left their histories blank (which maybe is the problem?). I'm two years into the playthrough with these players. I have a relatively steady first team and yet not a single playing relationship has developed. I've tried giving them "teammate / friendship" relationships in the editor which doesn't seem to accelerate the process. Is it simply that the players have no history at the club? Is there something else happening in FM20 that keeps these from developing amongst new players? Any input appreciated.

PS. If there's some secret/subtle way to create these in the editor that I'm unaware of, I'd love to know that as well.

Any idea what those are? Can I "jumpstart" those links in some way through the editor? Would it help if I gave all the players a few years of fake history at the club? 

It's just surprising to me that 2 full seasons into the game I haven't had a single link get formed. Not even between my two CDs.

I have a heavily edited DB in a custom country overwriting CIS and I had three links form.

My league has teams playing about 44-46 games a season in the third tier (which I am winning the league in) so pressure to rotate isn't high therefore my players play together week in week out bar injuries and two heavy periods in October and March (Xmas slows down as does the end of the season unless you have a cup run going).

My starting DM and CM  have a link, my right midfield and right back do as do my two ST.

My left side has the most rotation so there is no link there, same goes for the CBs where I have struggled with injuries and bans (yellow card limits are harsh to encourage rotation).

Thanks. Maybe it's just that I've had to rotate too much but even when I consciously tried to keep the same starting group through a 4-5 game period I found the links never developed. It's a little frustrating but we're winning so maybe I just don't care... bleh.