523 False DM

***disclaimer - I use Libero role first time in my life, so if you experienced guru, this text can be boring for you. For me it is an exciting adventure and all things which I notice are something new for me :)
Cheers!

I started this tactic in FM19. At first edition it was inspired by Conte and my Torino was pretty succesfull in this - UCL place and final of Copa Italia.
But inspiration by Conte limited me and I just continue to improve my own 523 without any IRL links.
The first thing which I wanted to change is set mentality for more riskly. I dont like attacking mentality, but cautious/balanced were unleavened for me. But TI will be later.

3CB is meaning solid defence and fluid in attack. But as Pep Guardiola said - 2 players behind ball line is enough. Modern football needs more and more resources so 3CB is really luxury for managers.
IRL teams solve this problem in different ways. Unfortunatelly some of their ideas impossible to realize in current ME system because these ideas broke system meaning of formations (perhaps the canonical example is Alaba played 3th CB in defence and WB in attack).
But we have one solution at least - libero. And I thank @Rashidi , he explained for me limitations of my first edition's tactic and after this I focused in system with Libero.

The main idea is simple - to use CB aka Libero in DM zone in stages 2-3 (#22 in screenshot)

442131008_Image2.thumb.png.50259d45233c0f8bda90d4ce67fcd544.png

In first picture I show links with CB at first. More clear example and links with CMs / Ws :

576944694_Image3.thumb.png.44e66032bd021ccfff933f2008929377.png

In 523 system we have just 2 CM, what can be considered critically small number if we take into account we need use one CM at least for cover own CM->DM zone. But availability of Libero give us opportunity to use both CM in support higher:

1224201936_Image4.thumb.png.e6463a437312c2435fa8b7b151c8820f.png

I counted 7 (seven) players which support attacking phase in regular basis in view of we have no real risks in defence.

I tried to use the same idea but I used HB instead Lib. And this was my mistake because roughly speaking HB has inverted moving in compare of Lib. Or easier said - its more solid to use 3th CB as DM than DM as CB. Easier for team interaction. 

Especially it looks in opposite counter where Lib returns for line and this structure more solid in logic and in practice both.

In first play deeper (as CB) Lib give possibility to play wider for CBs. 3 players in defence is solution for almost all opposite attacks. Despite I play in low team (for eurocups standarts) goals conceded were in reasons of individual mistakes more (like richochet, technical/mental mistake, etc.), not a system fails. This moment is difficult to formulate in English for me, just hope you understand what I mean.
In second this structure have less problems with marking, because in triangle of CB-HB-CB opposite strikers move into and confuse them. 

In the end, how it could be in roles CB-CB-CB (edit)

623542808_Image6.thumb.png.8832f738aabb612362faff86af3faa51.png

and how it looks (real screenshot without edit)

1385952169_Image5.thumb.png.c4e0e87e74d8ada27f030b0eb7c87b9a.png

This is not only Lib is he. Its more about what Lib give for teammates :thup:

So this is tactic. After introduction and examples I have no idea what to say about roles or TI. 

523L.thumb.png.610dc45f25ff21f4f9703ee9416ef458.png

Results (started new save for Almeria)

1009176532_Image7.thumb.png.bea9f66902f2d44ef309c926770201fb.png

468415126_Image8.thumb.png.0ef616330b71d1f0d85dd1693e0b9dc1.png

upd - finished season

475220491_Image1.thumb.png.f72e2a3b3b1a9ccdf70e47338fc24bd6.png

Edited by Novem9

I play with the same formation.

But with, F9, 2 IW and 2 CMs (hold position, more risk, tackle harder more pressing and stay wide). The CMs's like a hybrid of Carrilero and a CM.

Since youre post ive tried to play with a Libero. Works  nice, good recycles.

My TI is:

Mentality Positive,

Overlaps (right, left) Work ball in to box.

Narrow width, dribble less, shorter passing, low crosses,

Regroup (and no counter).

Distribute to WB, CB,

Narrow Defesive Width, DL standard (with offside trap), and higher LOE (have split press on the three offensive players).

2 часа назад, Salsa666 сказал:

Since youre post ive tried to play with a Libero. Works  nice, good recycles.

Did you change CM's hold position after you start to use libero?

Very interesting how f9 works in your system because I started to create tweak of my tactic with deep striker and for now its worse than I expected :) 

2 hours ago, Novem9 said:

Did you change CM's hold position after you start to use libero?

Very interesting how f9 works in your system because I started to create tweak of my tactic with deep striker and for now its worse than I expected :) 

No, didt change the pi’s for the cm. I like the f9 role When flanked by IWat. Then the f9 works as a ”offensive thirdman”. Who comes from deep, recieves pass from libero, then pass it back to Cm who then puts a offensive pass to the IWs whos Running in behind.

(sorry for bad english).

Very difficult second season, I started excellent and it was impression I will beat every team. But later I moved from 1st place for 8th :eek:

My team spent a lot of moments and have some issues in defence.

971127361_Image4.thumb.png.1853c7adff978441ea438473261080a1.png

I changed some TI. At first DL is lower, so offside trap disabled too.
In this way I dont need play out of defense. Also I switched GK for classic role.

1623187463_Image3.thumb.png.3b7e2454873e2def8405b91df3020dda.png

In first impression it better in defence. Anyway for now table is 

20412401_Image2.thumb.png.7ee19c666e8fa0ff931d8b10173f830c.png

I'm a fan of 3CB myself and apply it quite successful in my save (as Blackburn Rover) as well, i've tried using Libero at first but then decide to change back to BPD(d) for reliability in defence. For the tactic to work, u must have a world-class defender to act as an Libero because he himself can win or lose the game. The way that role work used to put the Libero in a lot of 1 vs 1 with attacker, which i really dont like :(

36 минут назад, 25251325zz сказал:

I'm a fan of 3CB myself and apply it quite successful in my save (as Blackburn Rover) as well, i've tried using Libero at first but then decide to change back to BPD(d) for reliability in defence. For the tactic to work, u must have a world-class defender to act as an Libero because he himself can win or lose the game. The way that role work used to put the Libero in a lot of 1 vs 1 with attacker, which i really dont like :(

I used DM as Libero :) when I used CB it was worse