Sports Interactive Community
maundojako

struggling with wingers

image.thumb.png.55513438a9b13d683b7a48c549d4dc8c.png

this is my current tactic that has brought me alot of success but my left winger especially has always struggled despite them being good players. i've tried mixing it up with roles IW, IF and W but to no avail, their performances remain poor.

Has anyone had similar problems?

Have you tried him on an attack duty aswell? Maybe he's not playing so well because he has 2 playmakers behind him. An IW on support is some kind of playmaker himself, so maybe he and one of the two playmakers are stepping on eachothers toes..

5 hours ago, maundojako said:

i've tried mixing it up with roles IW, IF and W but to no avail, their performances remain poor

I would assume it has more to do with roles behind/around him than his role as such. What I would look to change first is:

- remove the RPM from MCL position and instead use a non-PM role that can provide defensive cover while also offering support in attack (carrilero or BWM on support duty)

- change the LB into a role that will naturally overlap the IW (e.g. FB on attack, WB on attack or WB on support)

Like this:

IWsu

CAR/BWMsu

FBat/WBsu/at

A couple of instructions might also require some small tweaking, but not necessarily.