thebugels433

wot i have found which to a extent is very realistic is that all leagues , goals are quite easy to come by and i regularly get 3 goals or mare a game but , when you hit the premier it is so much harder to score as defences are better and chances are harder to come by hence why alot of people struggle in the premier ,the only problem is even the top 4 i stugglle to get a better average than 1.5 goals a game in the premier league, all tactics tried and the only consistant 1 is my standard 4-3-3... also rather interstingly i as a premier or top 4 team bang in plenty of goals in domestic cups and the champions league for example i had scored 24 goals in the champions league group stage and won the final 4-0 , and in the f.a cup beat man u 4-2.. so i think that in certain aspects fmh is more realisitc..

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, i've just started using this tactic and my 3 strikers are

Balotelli--Torres--Aguero

I've used it for 4 games now with torres scoring 7 goals(he's in the middle)

also my 3 cm's are

Silva--Iniesta--Cazorla

They all have had an avarage rating of about 7.30 in my last 4 games(since i've been using this tactic)

So i don't have any Defensive Midfielder and it works fine :thup:

Last 4 Games:

3-2 Liverpool

2-0 Newcastle

3-0 Aberdeen

5-0 Morecambe

Well, i've just started using this tactic and my 3 strikers are

Balotelli--Torres--Aguero

I've used it for 4 games now with torres scoring 7 goals(he's in the middle)

also my 3 cm's are

Silva--Iniesta--Cazorla

They all have had an avarage rating of about 7.30 in my last 4 games(since i've been using this tactic)

So i don't have any Defensive Midfielder and it works fine :thup:

Last 4 Games:

3-2 Liverpool

2-0 Newcastle

3-0 Aberdeen

5-0 Morecambe

My SC's usualy end the season 7.90 +

This tactic is Supreme!

Previously i used 4-4-2 diamond wich worked out average for me, i play with crawley for 11 seasons now, started on blue square and climbed to the premiership easily, mainly because of signing the great players who had contracts expiring (the famous bug), then it got though so i tried this tactic with amesowe results, i use it for 5 seasons straight now, and since then i won pretty much everything, premierships,cups,world cup with italy you name it...

I saved the 5 ends of each season and thought about posting the stats here but two of em were overwritten by the autosave (damn it!).

Some observations about it, on the 4-4-2 my defenders rarely reached the end of season with an average rating of 7 and the dm always had high rating, now it's the other way around, they surpass it, i guess it means they work more and so have the opportunity to shine, but the dm's only world class ones get a little over 7, i use the tactic like you advise 2 dm's who are natural at mc, haven't tested dm rl cause hard to find good ones, with this setting the ball possession is very high and it's not unusual to have games where oponnent doesn't even manage one shot! they usually have way more freekicks though (i do have a very hard working agressive midfield plus the hard tackling...), scoring almost never a problem, sometimes i change a bit the tactics, like if there's no goals untill the half-time or im losing i switch the dm's for two amc rl for the second half, or if i'm only one goal ahead and there pushing me hard i play counter-attack.

I really like this tactic also cause i've always relied alot on dm's and this allows me to play with 2 and still be very attack minded, also no more fuss about picking am r and am l...and when a player or even two! players get a red card the tactic stays the same except with less strikers, but always full throttle!

The also famous mid-slump happens a little bit, but doesn't last long and in my case in 5 seasons i haven't felt the tactic fading...umm what else? some stats:

This last season 2019/2020 :won 34 draw 4 lost 0

my regular sc's :

yuri verbeek: pld 47 gls 17 ast 17 avr 8.02 ( last 5 seasons 8+!)

jacques dembelé:pld 36 gls 30 ast 8 avr 8.50

faruk sen:pld 43 gls 22 ast 16 avr 7.88

this dembelé guy i don't know who he was in he's previous life but he's a real goal machine,

the season before this he pld 59 gls 43 ast 16 avr of 8.52 !

Anyway, there may be other great tactics but i adjusted my squad to this one and like everyone i try to chose the best players, but the main ingredient to the sucess i'm having is withouth a doubt the tactic so thank you Bugel!

this tactic is workin wonders for me ive been able to keep blackpool in the championship with other tactics and missed out on promotion twice by a point switched over to this tactic and im doing brilliant! Anichebe is a real hit and my cm schweinsteiger is scoring for fun which is unusual for him haha on the game anyway!

cheers the bugel :D

• 2 weeks later...

ive played with a couple of tactics on this game now that worked well with my liverpool team. i got to 2013 and moved to derby county. it said the board hoped we avoid relegation but after taking ove them in january i got them promoted. im going to try this tactic to see if it will keep me in the premiership but with 300k to spend i'll be lucky. i will keep you posted!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, this is a bad tactic. Result is inconsistent. Do you save and reload the game file when lose the match?

My tactic is definitely better, I'M OUT!

Just because your in a mood with me dont start posting rubbish on other people's threads.Your supposed to be 22 and your acting like a little kid.

If your out then go.

ROFL, all i see someone who's insecure and makes himself feel better my pulling down others. Iv tried his tactic and for a 442 its pretty decent, although it lacks goals which my 433 provides!! Ul not gain any respect the way your going about your business and thats the fact of the matter.

Come back to me when uv got over 1000 downloads and if you want to reply, stop wasting space on my thread and scribble it down on your own patch!!!

This is a brilliant tactic. Won the following within 3 years:

Serie A x 2

Champions' League x 2

Italian Cup x 1

Italian Super Cup x 2

Euro Super Cup x 1

Premiership x 1

Carling Cup x 1

FA Cup x 1

A treble and a double won by Inter within my first 2 seasons with the following team using this tactic:

---Benzema-Ibrahimovic-Balotelli--

---Cambiasso-Aquilani-De Rossi---

--Chivu-Chiellini-Samuel-Maicon--

------------Cesar---------------

with a bench of Asenjo, Materazzi, Cordoba, Veloso, Stankovic, Giovinco, Adriano.

Then Fergie retired at United so I applied and was offered the job. Won a domestic treble of sorts with this team:

---Ronaldo--Berbatov--Rooney---

--De Rossi-Anderson-Hargreaves--

--Evra--Vidic--Ferdinand--Ramos--

-----------Asenjo----------------

with a bench of Foster, Evans, Brown, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs, Tevez.

Just started the next season, Scholes and Neville have retired and I have signed Balotelli and Wilshere, looking for another defender as well.

Overall, really good tactic, concedes very few goals and I found myself scoring some vital late ones as well. Sometimes experience runs of really poor form but it seems to work wonders in the league, won the title with 6 games to go for United and finished with 97 points, a record I think.

• 4 weeks later...

I have real madrid now and won 2 titles and 1 cl. This is my team:

casilias

ramos--pepe--chielini--marcelo

fabregas--messi--de rossi

balotelli--rooney--vela

on bench: pato, raul, miguel veloso sneijder, kroos, fazio en gago.

ty for tactic and let me new if u found out a new one^^

I love the Bugel tactic and have used with great success but hit a goal scoring wall in the premiership - 6th, 4th, 4th with Darlington over my first three seasons in the top flight.

A few tweaks and the removal of the CDM's has resulted in 2+ goals per match for the last 3 seasons and three premiership titles (1st, 1st, 1st :p ), 3 league cups, 1 FA cup, no elusive CL title though (keep losing in the final)

It is as follows: Bugels (jase revised) 4-3-3

Forward runs - DL/DR, LMC/CM/RMC and all three strikers yes. Rest no

Run with ball - DL/DR, LMC/CM/RMC and all three strikers yes. Rest no

Cross Ball - DL/DR yes, LMC/RMC yes. Rest no

The above changes are very minor mainly because this tactic rocks but what the above changes have done is allow me to play three attacking midfielders (R/L/C) which I have an abundance of and it has in turn allowed alot more goals to be scored.

Surprisingly my defence has not suffered and goals against has dropped from 0.98 for my career after the last 4th, to 0.81 p/m. This could be to do with the much larger amount of possession I retain due to my midfielders all running with the ball.

Key stats:

Heading is a must for your central striker due to a massive increase in the number of crosses. Your two midfielders should have exceptional creativity/dribbiling/passing/crossing <--- crossing and creativity been the key.

Anyway with these tweaks Darlington has turned into a European powerhouse (lost in the Champions league final last two seasons *cries*).

I hope they help those that don't have two rock solid CDM's.

EDIT: Remember this is a team build from scratch from League two - not a rock solid Madrid, Barca, United etc.

EDIT 2: No cheats - transfer windows, sugar daddy, permits or reloading.

so jase123, do you recommend me changing to an attacking midfield three because i am charlton, in my 5th season and the goals have really dried up. finished 2nd in the prem season 11/12, but halfway through my 5th I am now struggling. do you play more attacking at home, and keep the original bugel tactic for away games. basically can you play defensive midfielders going forward and vice versa?

If you have awesome DM like Veleso etc play them regardless. But as my career progressed I had an abundance of great AMR/L/C that I wanted to play. This coupled with a distinct lack of goals led me to tinkering.

If you have a couple of great AMR/L that have high stats for crossing/dribbiling/passing (18+) then I would give the changes a nudge.

I use my altered version for both home and away. My team is at a level now though where it is winning 75%+ of its games so it is probably not a great indicator anymore.

very true. basically my Charlton team is a gk, dl, dr, dc, dc, dmc, amc, dmc, flc, sc, sc

I have both dm/r/l/c's and am/r/l/c's that have all the attributes you suggest, but was just making sure the system fails if you play defensive midfielders making forward runs.

yeah, i just think that i'll go with your modified version all the time because

a) the engine probably wises up to a set tactic overtime

b) goals have dried up

c) i don't want the hassle of switching between the two all the time

I was using st.dazzle's 4-5-1 but that totally flopped for me and bugel's has been v.successful. can't stand getting so far and then losing to sides I was ****ing on. i've also noticed that i don't tend to be beat the so called big 4 (liv, man u, che and ars) even though their not as good as they were at the start.

Tried the modified version, still struggled and had one of those haven't won in 5 games so i'll quit moments. Blasted game. Had been applying for jobs before I quit anyway. Had applied for man utd, who had just sacked Roberto Mancini, but they replaced him with Juande Ramos who was in charge of Man City. I then applied for the Man City job, given the amount of dough they have, but they didn't even offer it to me. I was surprised given that I'd finished 3rd and 2nd in the prem for the last 2 seasons and, I am also manager of France, well on my way to qualifing for the European Championships in 2014.....

• 1 month later...

just started a new season with arsenal and my team is

GK-Lloris

DL-Clichy

DR-Sagna

DC/DC-Gallas/Toure

MC-Veloso

MC-Fabregas

MC-Denilson

FC-Walcott

FC-Adebayor

FC-Eduardo

going quite well at the min but i want a better player than denilson, any useful players to consider

doin ok in first season with arsenal 7 points clear at top with 8 games to go won the carling cup and in quarter finals of fa and champions league

just one problem i play adebayor in the middle of the strikers with arshavin on left and van persie on right adebayor doesnt score many goals think he only got 9 in 40 games but arshavin is doin very well on the left my top scorer and van persie is doin no good either only netted 4 goals in 40 games

any ideas why adebayor is not scoring many goals but he his getting excellent match ratings

• 1 month later...

So far this has been an excellent tactic for me. I'm York City, same as you, and won the first 11 games, with an average goals per game ratio of 3 and a ratio for conceding per game of 0.23 .Thanks alot for this tactic as before this I've had a relatively unsuccesful FMH09 career.

For those who prefer to play with wingers i have created a 442 based on my 433 which works and is worth a try.(only tested in england)

From the preset formations select 4-4-2 Diamond. No arrows are required.

Emphasis - Attacking

Passing - Normal

Tackling - Normal

Pressing - Yes

Offside trap - No

Counter Attack - No

Men Behind the Ball - No

Player instructions

Passing - All team

Tackling all team, except DMC, ML, MR, AMC which are set to hard.

Pressing all set to yes except the four defenders and the goalkeeper.

Pass to - Everyone set to R/L/C

Set pieces (A) DL/DR Back, rest forward.

Set Pieces (D) GK/Wingers normal, Both strikers forward, rest back

Free role - All NO.

Forward runs - GK, Both DC's and DMC no, rest yes.

Run with ball - GK, Both DC's and DMC no, rest yes.

Hold up ball - All NO

Long Shots - Just DMC and AMC.

Through Balls - All NO

Cross Ball - DL/DR and ML/MR yes, rest NO.

Marking - GK (none) DL/DR (Zonal) DC/DC (Man) DMC (Zonal) ML/MR (Man) AMC, SC/SC (None)

OK, been using this tactic with a new game as manager of Man Utd.

Stats at the end of the first season were ...

pld: 66

Won: 51 (77.3%)

Drawn: 11 (16.7%)

Lost: 4 (6.1%) - one of these was when my whole first team was on international duty and I lost 2-0 to liverpool who had none of their first team away to internationals - bug?

Won the prem with 98pts, 79 goals scored and 18 against :)

Won FA Cup, Carling Cup and Champions League

Awesome tactics, going to try and break 100pts in league next season :)

Thanks Bugels :p

VTL

what sort of success have you had with it?

IM bored so il give a detailed assesment...

***NOTE*** I use NO unlockables and to keep the game realistic i only buy players who are interested and NEVER allow my self to go over wage budget. Original database used.

Season One (Luton) Turned around the -30 and finished 4th promoted through play-offs. I set out wanting my 1st ever relegation scrap but it didnt happen!!

Season Two (AFC Wimbledon) finished 5th in a frustrating season where i had no money and nobody on free list was interested in a move to us. Played most of season with an SC on MR and a DL in the DC pos. Lost in Play-off final on Penalties to Burton

Season Three (AFC Wimbledon) in the most remarkable and enjoyable season i have ever witness on FMH i Finished second behind Rushden, both finishing on 107 points with Rushden a +2 better GD. Lost to Mansfield on pens (again) in final.

Season Four (AFC Wimbledon) This was the 1st season i have a decent squad and players in correct postion and i stormed the league.

Season Five (AFC Wimbledon) Only made one signing from my BSP winning team and romped league two.

Season Six (AFC Wimbledon) Same as in league Two, league one turned out just as easy. I had a cheeky grin on my face this season as Rushden, who did me over in season Three, got relegated from the BSP.

Season Six (AFC Wimbledon/Sunderland) 10 games in i got offered sunderland job and guided them from bottom of prem to 4th place with a pretty avr squad.

Season Seven (Sunderland) currently 30 games in, 8 points clear top of prem and still competing in all but the league cup.

Current Strongest Line-up

GK Craig Gordon

DL Garath Bale

DR Daniel Opare

DC Anton Ferdinand

DC Mamadou Sakho

DMC Sulley Muntari

ML Nani

MR Hatem Ben Arfa

AMC Kieran Richardsen

SC Fraizer Campbell

SC Ben Sahar

so whats your winning percentage?

is this as good as my 442?

73.4%. Win

1.87 Goals Per Game.

Iv only tried your 442 (your 1st one) with Barnsley but goals wernt coming as much as im used to.

• 3 weeks later...

The tactic which got me promoted from BSP to Championship stopped working once I got into the Championship. I tried a couple of others and finished 9th. This is my second season in the championship and my team, Grays, were struggling at the start.

This tactic stopped the rot but I find I'm having a lot of score draws, so although i'm not getting beat very often, I'm not winning very often either. Are there any mid match changes or home-away adjustments I should be making?

The tactic which got me promoted from BSP to Championship stopped working once I got into the Championship. I tried a couple of others and finished 9th. This is my second season in the championship and my team, Grays, were struggling at the start.

This tactic stopped the rot but I find I'm having a lot of score draws, so although i'm not getting beat very often, I'm not winning very often either. Are there any mid match changes or home-away adjustments I should be making?

I'm still using the original 4-3-3 in the Premiership with Forest Green, and with three games to go this season have won 18, drawn 15 and lost 2 - again a lot of draws and normally against poorer teams.

I did get a 50 match unbeaten run, though, having won the League Cup, being in the semi of the Champions League and in the FA Cup Final [which is in June!].

What about your team? Didn't they get too old?

What about your team? Didn't they get too old?

Nobody in my squad is older than 31. I've got one striker which is 30 and has lost a lot of pace but i'm only playing him when all other strikers are either v tired / injured / suspended. Apart from a couple of youngsters most are between 21- 26.

Don't get me wrong I'm scoring a lot more goals than I was - just the draws are annoying. I would say that for every 6 games I play I win 1, lose 1 and draw 4.

currently trying the 442, not having much success though, playing as Madrid stats are:

Played 17 won 9 drew 8 lost 0 scored 22 conceded 5

drawing against teams that i should be walking over, most of my goals scored in Europe and not La Liga

currently trying the 442, not having much success though, playing as Madrid stats are:

Played 17 won 9 drew 8 lost 0 scored 22 conceded 5

drawing against teams that i should be walking over, most of my goals scored in Europe and not La Liga

I ended up scrapping it mate, player ratings were too low and not enough chances per game. Gone back to my trusty 433. Winning gets boring though... roll on FMH 10.

Archived