[FM20] Home and maybe away, one day?

Lenzar

image.thumb.png.1205b6e1047e39cd0dff7c358ebbcdb1.png

Everton are certainly very interested! They're currently a mid-table team in the EPL. Obviously they're a huge chance (and I did have fun with them back in FM13), but I don't feel my work is finished at Ipswich. The decision's made a little harder with the Ipswich chairman starting to interfere in transfer business. For now I've delayed for a week.

• 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.eef406dda1ba0b97425c011667666de3.png

The offer just looks too good to turn down. Ignoring what is a massive pay rise, they're a club with money whilst Ipswich aren't likely to have the funds to improve in the way I would like.

I will at least get the chance to get Ipswich back into the EPL, though.

Edited by Lenzar

April 2021

image.thumb.png.94f58e8327c8d011780abae6a7928786.png

Just 6 points from 5 games. Bristol Rovers are going down so the only good performance was against Oxford - at times we didn't look any better than the teams at the bottom.

image.thumb.png.41fd7f0710056663a056f2db4f0767de.png

And we will need a result against Blackburn to stand any chance of getting into the playoffs.

23 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Good luck in the playoffs Lenzar.

It wasn't to be. We bottled it on penalties - John-Jules even missed the goal entirely!

23 hours ago, Northernpilgrim said:

Good move to Everton I think :)

I agree. Ipswich are at best a big local team, but Everton have a little more growth potential.

2020/21 Season - Ipswich Town - Championship

Ipswich_Town.svg

League - At one point we looked like serious challengers for a second promotion, but our form in the second half of the season was simply not good enough.

FA Cup - Harder work than I'd have liked against Mansfield, then a tie against Manchester City that proved we're nowhere near top flight level.

EFL Cup - We really can't take penalties when it counts.

Key Players

Tyreece John-Jules - Brilliant, probably thanks to his insane pace, but faded when it mattered most.

Antonio Marin - A model winger. Created plenty of chances, whilst putting the ball the net himself if he was in the right position. 

New Club - Everton

Everton_FC_logo.svg

With the season finished my move to Everton has been finalised. They have just finished 14th in the Premier League and are a long way off city rivals Liverpool.

Squad

image.thumb.png.3e2eac738b6517f11be0d4cdf4034910.png

A few decent players, but the squad's going to need some improvement over the summer if I am to manage the top half finish that the board want.

Edited by Lenzar

• 2 months later...

I've not posted on this because I have simply not been playing. The second half of my time at Ipswich rapidly felt like a slog, and moving to Everton didn't make me feel any better about the save. As a result I'm going to end the save here.

On 31/10/2019 at 22:05, Lenzar said:

With the release of FM20, I have decided to start with the club that is closest to my own home. They had a very poor season last year, and were relegated, but fortunately, are still in the game....

Ipswich_Town.svg

Yep, I live less that a mile from Portman Road! That isn't to say that I will be staying at Ipswich for the entire run of the save. If the right job comes along, I will take it, but I will look to achieve the following goals as Ipswich:

• Get back to the Championship as soon as possible - Achieved in 19/20 season
  • Aim to surpass Norwich as the 'Pride of East Anglia'
  • Emulate Sir Alf and Sir Bobby and win a top tier trophy

I will be playing as myself, but with my footballing experience more in line with where it would need to be to manage a League One team IRL. 

I have made the most of my fairly decent PC and loaded a lot of leagues, so the options to move will hopefully be a little more varied than the usual English sides I've tended to end up with in previous versions of FM.

Progress

|Year             |Team        |Division  | Position | Cups
|-----------------------------------------------------------
|2019-20           |Ipswich     |League One | 1st      | FA Cup 4th, League Cup Quarters   
|2020-21          |Ipswich     |Championship| 6th     | FA Cup 4th

Honours

2019-20 League One (Ipswich Town)

Hi so I'm really stuglling in league 1 with Ipswich I started well seemed my formation and tactic was working I was a little goal shy by but tight at the back so no matter but I'm slipping down the table and can't get a result for toffee any chance I can get some more in for on your 424 the tactis you used etc? I need to change something 😂

Edited by sbarber89