Neave

Just tried to get FM mobile on App Store as only £3.99. Tried three times and each time it set it was being modified. Now price is saying £8.99. Go on google and price is stated as £3.99, click on the £3.99 link and send to App Store where price is £8.99. What is this about - please assist.

11 hours ago, Neave said:

Just tried to get FM mobile on App Store as only £3.99. Tried three times and each time it set it was being modified. Now price is saying £8.99. Go on google and price is stated as £3.99, click on the £3.99 link and send to App Store where price is £8.99. What is this about - please assist.

If they make version 3D for mobile i dont care for the price but like this with not change is ugly to pay anymore i need something realistic to feel goals......

• SI Staff

It sounds like you attempted to purchase the game at the point where a sale had just completed (pure hunch on my part, not involved in such things personally) and the store was refreshing with the new details - this will be why it was indicating it was changing.

The normal (non-sale) price for the game is what you are seeing now, it's entirely up to you whether you want to purchase the product or not (personally I think its good value but obviously I'm somewhat biased).

@Marc Vaughan

is there ever likely to be an option to purchase a bundled FM2020 for multiple formats like PC/TOUCH/MOBILE for your DiE Hard fans at a possible discounted reduction?

I play on multiple formats and it would be awesome to see a bundled edition. What would be even better is to also have a universal complete cloud save system that supports all formats and factors, we know its possible as more and more games are implementing it like GoW/MC/Realms/ etc...

I guess if you was to extend your user choices when choosing game depth upon installing the game to either ("light/medium/heavy") you could possibly  make this a reality if the user was to choose the light setup as it would be the same on all devices and platforms therefore easier to implement and less chance of conflict opposed to someone choosing heavy and playing on a pc then expecting to continue their journey on a smartphone well then there would be possible conflicts as certain options are no longer available to them and therefore could have a negative affect on the game overall I guess. I guess you could say that in a disclaimer on screen prompt when choosing game depth that Universal Cloud Game Save Support is ONLY supported for Light Game Depth.

I also remember you replying to another post about someone saying they was having issues reading text on their device. Would it be also be possible to implement a range of text sizes for the user so they could choose themselves a ("smaller or LARGER") font. I guess you could say similar to a skin perhaps.

What are your thoughts please Mark?

Edited by VastGsm
Added text

• SI Staff

With regards to bundles - I'm not going to try and predict the future for such things as I'm just a humble developer and the business side of things (which that would be part of) is down to far wiser people than myself.

With regards to fonts - I've tried to make them slightly larger this year in areas which were potentially problematic (according to feedback), at some point we might be able to allow people to scale them or select a font size, but that is a huge amount of work to undertake and there are only 3 developers on FMM so I'm afraid it won't be appearing in the short-term.

(bear with us, I think we're heading in the right direction and we've come a long way from the days when our games were only available via. mail order from the back of a magazine ;) )

I hear that mark that your just a humble developer, I would really appreciate it though if you could perhaps maybe mention it at your next team meeting possibly whereas someone could hopefully explore any options where possible, that would be brilliant Marc!

Selectable font scaling in a future release of FMM would be an awesome addition to help those with slight display issues and also beneficial to users should they choose to mirror cast to a larger display like my children do from time to time when they play games on their devices when casting to their TVs it would help then as the user could adjust the way the text is displayed on the screen and change accordingly to suit their display. I look forward to hopefully seeing it a future release of FMM. :thup:

You guys have an amazing job on FMM so far on the road map especially in a small team of just 3! Again Marc I have to say Well Done Dude to you and your team! :thup:

I hear you Marc, its true man like your say you guys sure have come a long way from the days of Amiga n Atari for sure, gone are the days of Amiga Format and CU Amiga getting a floppy disk with games on it or using a BBS on premium rate 0891 numbers lol oh yeah the days of Mail Order, Jheeze I've not heard that term in years, ole memory lane. Sorry to share my guilt but I was also a keen fan of The Manager and Premier Manager and its next subsequent releases. I got to admit though they too also did an awesome job like you guys did as all 3 sims was highly addictive and enjoyable I'm not gonna lie lol. 

Off Topic, Hey, Do you know whatever happened to (AbandonWare) Kron Simulation Software Limited? and Alpha CRC Ltd? Creators of The Manager? Did they get aquired by SiG or?

Thanks again for your reply :thup:

• SI Staff

S

orry to share my guilt but I was also a keen fan of The Manager and Premier Manager and its next subsequent releases. I got to admit though they too also did an awesome job like you guys did as all 3 sims was highly addictive and enjoyable I'm not gonna lie lol. 

LOL - no guilt at all, I play (or have played) nearly all sports sims out there regardless of the sport and developer ... some I enjoy more than others but they are all a labor of love for the people creating them I'm sure.

PS - No idea what happened to Kron or Alpha I'm afraid, we haven't acquired any other studios during our existence that I can recall (we have a fair few developers here who have cut their teeth on other products before joining us however, not sure if any are from those companies).

Its fantastic to see a development team with a keen eye to play all sorts of sport simulation games. It just shows that with that kind of attitude that you are very passionate about what you assist in creating with your team of experts :thup:

Thanks for filling us in with that extra info too about the other gaming studios. You know what be kinda cool to see. Quick brief 5-10 minute behind the scenes interviews from the development teams and other teams or departments about their favourite parts of the project, then you could also make fun and wacky and add stuff like I dunno Favourite Tv Program, Favourite Food, Favorite Color, etc just to fill or add extra content, stuff like that etc, maybe it could be part another feature of the insider programme again adding extra content, it could also maybe yield more subscribbers for your insider programme too.

Cheers,