Maximum size for a parent competition - can it be circumvented?

Bjornhattan

I'm currently working on a personal database based on this season's English football structure, with all the division changes, some extra custom teams, and some changes of strength. It's been fine so far, but I've run into a massive stumbling block whilst adding the 11th tier. The competition rules are entirely new, and have been set up in Basic - they aren't perfect but they worked perfectly fine.

I know that there is a limit of 512 teams in a competition (for cups and things), as well as a workaround by editing the xml. However, there also seems to be a similar block on parent competitions. My 11th tier currently has 33 subdivisions, and a total of 524 teams (roughly). Before I hit 512 teams, things worked perfectly fine, but now the game scrambles up all the subdivisions when I create a save (so for example Devon teams play in the Middlesex League, or London teams in the Midland League). Worse still, some leagues fail to schedule, and the teams in them only compete in cup games.

Is there any way to work around this 512 team limit for each tier? There seem to be larger databases which do it, but I'm yet to find a straightforward solution.

If you’ve made a parent competition called Level 11, add that to the nation rules, and then add each league manually to that competition.

It’ll come up saying Belgian Pro League when you do this, but this is because it’s the first competition in the database, you can change this to each league at Level 11.

There’s no limit (as far as I know) to how many subdivisions you can have under the parent competition. 

If you need any more help, send me a PM.

22 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

If you’ve made a parent competition called Level 11, add that to the nation rules, and then add each league manually to that competition.

It’ll come up saying Belgian Pro League when you do this, but this is because it’s the first competition in the database, you can change this to each league at Level 11.

There’s no limit (as far as I know) to how many subdivisions you can have under the parent competition. 

If you need any more help, send me a PM.

there's no 'visible' limit I think, because when I had more than around 130-150 subdivisions (the editor had just crashed when veryfying.

Archived