Help for a FM veteran that hasn't played for a few years?

I've been playing FM since CM2 Dutch/Spanish/Belgian leagues, but after FM15 (or so) I stopped playing FM for a few years. Now, just Friday I bought FM19 on a very good deal, and I'm very enthusiastic to start again. 

Can someone enlighten me as to the big changes of this years FM, compared to those of 3 or 4 years ago, and how to get used to the new interface and new aspects. 

For example, for the life of me I can't figure out where I can find a screen pre-match where I'm able to see a player's form (past five matches), select the squad, and select player role at the same time? In the squad screen I can select players and see their form, but not change their players role. On the pre-match squad screen, I can select players and choose the players role, but can't find an option to see their form. I have to switch between these two screens to setup my squad for a game the way I like. If someone has a tip, please enlighten me. 

Also, am I right in saying that when you use the 'make sub' button during the game, there is no option to give a speech, even though you are able to do so when you make a substition from the tactics screen during the match? Am I missing something? 

Thanks in advance for any help and advice! 

About: there is no option to give a speech, even though you are able to do so when you make a substition from the tactics screen during the match?

There is the possibility to give a speech for the player during substitution: at the bottom right corner of the screen - under "confirm substitution" green button.

About:  the big changes of this years FM, compared to those of 3 or 4 years ago, and how to get used to the new interface and new aspects

I think: 
- team's dynamics and interaction with the players.
- scouting (recognize of player's abilities is much more time consuming for the scout - for example in FM 2014 and earlier I had whole  view just after first quertion to the scout - in new version the best solution are player's tests in the club - if they are possible of course)
- team training 
- new tactics screens
- new medical centre
- and (but this is only my personal opinion) new version in the typically sport dimension is easier than 2017 or 2014 to make a success.

1 hour ago, talvikko said:

About: there is no option to give a speech, even though you are able to do so when you make a substition from the tactics screen during the match?

There is the possibility to give a speech for the player during substitution: at the bottom right corner of the screen - under "confirm substitution" green button.

This is only available if the sub is made through the tactics window - not the 'Quick Sub' option.

You will find a lot to get your head around if you haven't played since FM17, but the core of the game is still pretty much the same.

Archived