Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
krogars

Few questions about creating a league structure

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello,

me and a few friends are in the process of creating a player simulation league, something like a mycareer where you can follow your players' development throughout a career and make decisions for yourself.

I've been working on a simple enough league format, French top flight, 4 teams, 4 rounds and then a Championship Playoff Final. It all works pretty nice, the Final winners are crowned the champions. But they don't show up as the league holders nor does the league generate a Past Winners page. Also, winning the league does not count as a milestone for a player, in their History page. This is what I'd like some help with, first of all.

Second, I would like to create the database to run as smoothly as possible, so that players would be almost ensured to reach their Potential Ability during their career. Obviously, there is bound to be some In-Game Editor help for some players, but in principle, what steps would some of you veterans take for this to be almost guaranteed?

Third, as I mentioned, the League takes over the French top Flight. Clubs currently in the league are created to be located in USA, Denmark and Austria. The players always seem to gain national eligibility to France, even if I took preliminary precautions with France's eligibility rules. How could I try and prevent this, to make sure the players play for their set National Teams?

 

Thanks for taking a moment of your time, and I'll be sure to come back with more questions if they arise.

Edited by krogars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, krogars said:

Hello,

me and a few friends are in the process of creating a player simulation league, something like a mycareer where you can follow your players' development throughout a career and make decisions for yourself.

I've been working on a simple enough league format, French top flight, 4 teams, 4 rounds and then a Championship Playoff Final. It all works pretty nice, the Final winners are crowned the champions. But they don't show up as the league holders nor does the league generate a Past Winners page. Also, winning the league does not count as a milestone for a player, in their History page. This is what I'd like some help with, first of all.

There's a few options that you have to verify to make sure to indicate if a team that wins a given stage is crowned champion or not. You should post the database when you have such a question.

3 hours ago, krogars said:

Third, as I mentioned, the League takes over the French top Flight. Clubs currently in the league are created to be located in USA, Denmark and Austria. The players always seem to gain national eligibility to France, even if I took preliminary precautions with France's eligibility rules. How could I try and prevent this, to make sure the players play for their set National Teams?

My best guess would be that the league is located in France, therefore it needs to be somewhat played in France. You can have teams playing in a foreign league (like Swansea for example), but it's rare to have a league specifically set in a country with no clubs from said country. Can't have everything. IMO you have to separate that league from its attachment to France, and treat it like an international league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BMNJohn said:

There's a few options that you have to verify to make sure to indicate if a team that wins a given stage is crowned champion or not. You should post the database when you have such a question.

Will an attached fmf do? Here's the latest.

ISPL v0.030.fmf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, krogars said:

Will an attached fmf do? Here's the latest.

ISPL v0.030.fmf 888.13 kB · 1 download

So first, the clubs. They're based in France, which is why they generate French players. For example, this one.

fm_2019-05-23_01-20-57.thumb.png.ad8b652ca957a48f30dd06fb5207ff14.png

To change that, you go to their page in the Editor and make sure they're based where they should be, like so. You can use Swansea as a model. You also need to make sure their stadium and facilities are in the right city/country.

editor_2019-05-23_01-23-51.thumb.png.cff65826cffc4b6d0e01070b98cb5829.png

In the league stage, make sure to go under this option, activate it and then untick it to make sure the top team doesn't become a champion.

editor_2019-05-23_01-08-11.thumb.png.d692f055195d0db236418847e407d490.png

That said, and like I said earlier, this setup isn't what you'd want to use for your project. Personally I'm getting an outright crash after doing those changes and trying to hit Continue. You should model your database around and after other fantasy databases. I suggest looking at FMScout.com for fantasy databases you can take inspiration from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BMNJohn said:

In the league stage, make sure to go under this option, activate it and then untick it to make sure the top team doesn't become a champion.

Thanks for your help. I'll study some of the fantasy databases and see if I like doing that, but in the meanwhile, I should clarify what was my struggle with this. The champion was always named correctly and it didn't change with your suggested changes. 

Here's what happens on May 10th, after the two-legged final was played.

image.thumb.png.bfe34202375c89d15c18db9851f3b68d.png

image.thumb.png.fd304f15167caa86b7850c8e5009c22b.png 

That all seems correct, but the problem lies with this.

image.thumb.png.079b7c2f43744346143e6fdd1a9c679f.png

This is just the regular League Profile screen, I'm sure you're familiar. It doesn't generate a past winners list on the right-hand side (it used to before I added the Play-off), nor does it print Holders - Brooklyn Bullets below the league name (also used to happen).

image.thumb.png.e7349874d615ee4ad15fdaa3bc3695b5.png

It did start printing out the league honors in the personal Milestones page, but that's almost secondary. We're hopefully working a lot with screenshots and the deleted competitions and their reputation listing taking over the Past Winners column is pretty bland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 27/05/2019 at 16:04, krogars said:

bump

You haven't redone your database, only made the suggested changes. There's not much to add from me at the present time. Try ticking "Automatically Add History" in the Competition tab, but aside from that...

Edited by BMNJohn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/05/2019 at 22:51, BMNJohn said:

You haven't redone your database, only made the suggested changes. There's not much to add from me at the present time. Try ticking "Automatically Add History" in the Competition tab, but aside from that...

Howdy again. Had a small summer break but I'm back with a few more people to work with. I've looked at a couple of databases from fmscout, and they both seem to be just taking the literal place of La Liga or Premier League, deleting parts of it's history and then making new rules for the league. Does that seem right to you, or anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Do like this and sould work

 

Screenshot.png

Here you see that competition register a winner

 

 

 

Screenshot-2.png

Mark rankings levels on stage 0

 

 

Screenshot-3.png

Again on round from stage 1, ranking levels

 

About regist champion on coach history, this a tricky stuff.

i am guessing that is some bug

but if you named general playoff you shouldn't name the round

Screenshot-4.png

317800474_ISPLv0.030.fmf

Edited by TH3 K1LL3R
add file corrected

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...