La Liga reserve team, loan/transfers does not happen!

R.Santander, promoted straight up to la liga in 2 years.

Just now realized that all the players in my reserve team won't loan/transfer when i list them or offer them.

When i promote them to the first team, clubs respond...why?

Never had this issue in other leagues btw.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Not sure the exact reason for your specific case but I have noticed some odd behaviour when managing Spanish teams with an active B team. 

I started off managing Villarreal and in the scouting list you get on day 1, one of the players from my B team was listed. 

Another time I agreed contracts with a couple of players in the B team, however I didn't get the corresponding news item the next day and the player contracts were unchanged. It wasn't until I temporarily promoted them to the first team and agreed the contracts again that they fully went through. 

So my point is that the game, sometimes, seems to treat the B team as a separate entity rather than a conventional B team. 

Hopefully someone from SI can comment. 

Hi Luke, 

My save game is 21MB and the max upload size here is just under 10MB so unfortunately not.

I can walk you through it three issues:

Start a game as Villarreal in Spanish La Liga 1

1) In the day 1 scouting report news item, you'll see Samuel Chukwueze from Villarreal B as a recommended player to sign. This doesn't happen every single time I've tried it, so you may need to repeat, but I'd say 3 of every 4 game starts with this club. 

2) Go to the B team and offer a contract to Ivan Martin whose current one is expiring in a year (6/19). He'll accept it. Continue the game and wait for the corresponding news item to come through confirming it. The news item won't come through and contract is unchanged. Now promote him to the first team and repeat the process. The contract successfully goes through. 

3) Final point and one that I didn't cover in my earlier post. Are my own players supposed to show in player search as they didn't used to in previous years? For example, with Villarreal again, transfer list Mario Gaspar, then search for transfer listed players in the player search. He'll be top of the list. And this works for all players not just listed ones. I just use this scenario as it's the quickest way to demonstrate it. 

Archived