Add players to playable teams - how to improve player quality?

tweddy

Hi,

I've recently been editing a USA pyramid database for pro/rel and I've improved the reputations of MLS/USL etc to give the American game a boost. For example, USL Championship's reputation is now similar to that of the Eredivisie.

When I start a new career and 'Add players to playable teams' the quality of players it is adding to teams is still very poor despite league and clubs reputation boost, probably more akin to the Evo-Stik league in the UK. Can anyone tell me how I improve this? I played a database on FM18 that did exactly what I'm trying to do and created some solid squad players and great youth prospects.

Cheers!

I can't seem to find the answer to this but I'm pretty sure someone from SI posted that these are generated randomly. 

I use this quite a lot since I play in exotic leagues and the only difference I've ever seen is how many players are generated. The quality is typically crap. 

Check at the same place as the Stadium settings. There's no Youth Intake box to tick but the youth ratings are there. 

However, when you say there's been no youth intake I assume you've played until that date? I would check the MLS youth teams also but i guess you  may have already done so. 

33 minutes ago, Fredrik said:

Check at the same place as the Stadium settings. There's no Youth Intake box to tick but the youth ratings are there. 

However, when you say there's been no youth intake I assume you've played until that date? I would check the MLS youth teams also but i guess you  may have already done so. 

Haven't played to the date yet, but presumably the game would begin with teams having youth players? Or no?

I still can't find the section in the editor. Is it in Advanced rules?

No, there aren't necessarily any youth players at first. What happens to me is that scores of 16 and 17 year-olds end up in senior squads and I have to manually move them to the empty U18 squad.

Regarding your second query you need to search for a club and then click on it and then:

image.thumb.png.5acb363c1b1098805bc836871643a6e8.png

22 minutes ago, Fredrik said:

No, there aren't necessarily any youth players at first. What happens to me is that scores of 16 and 17 year-olds end up in senior squads and I have to manually move them to the empty U18 squad.

Regarding your second query you need to search for a club and then click on it and then:

image.thumb.png.5acb363c1b1098805bc836871643a6e8.png

Ah yes, cheers for your help. Would a '0' entry mean no youth intake or just a bad one?

This database has Academy teams (well for MLS teams), but ALL teams have an U23 team but none of those appear to have any 'new' players. The real-life MLS youth players are in the Academy and '2' teams, which are separate but affiliated clubs.

Its possible that a youth intake will happen but obviously I don't want to get stuck in to a save and then find out I'll never be able to get an intake. This database I've slightly edited is called 'USA 7-tier league system updated' on Steam workshop and a few comments have mentioned a lack of intake so thats where the concern comes from.

0 would, IMO, mean a random number and hence most likely a terrible one. I'm not sure because I've "always" had youth intake in my leagues. At least it's never occured to me I didn't have one. I'd try to increase the ratings for a few select teams and see what happens. I hope you're not up against some hardcoded stuff. I would also make sure that I reach the end of the year when youth intake is supposed to happen and check then. 

OK, so I simulated a year and all teams appear to have had an intake but only 4 or 5 players - and they're all 14 years old :lol: 

Solving one issue always leads to another! Why are they 14 and why so few?

Thanks, sorted that now.

Lastly, (hopefully)..

6th place team have been relegated, and teams level on points are being placed 'randomly' instead of on goal difference. I assume that sorting on goal difference has been unchecked somewhere, just trying to locate that.. but that 6th place relegation is a mystery so far. Really appreciate your help btw.

797015800_ScreenShot2019-03-28at22_35_32.thumb.png.ac89471e305727ea83a3c11d8a2815b3.png

Charlotte being relegated is a headscratcher. I'm not too good with fate actions and similar. Maybe some teams for some reason are safe but I wouldn't really know. Sorry. 

Sorting I know better. It's found here:

image.thumb.png.c8d29d623a49cbbef31399c3a48dc7f9.png

Cheers, have sorted the points/goal difference issue.

In case anyone else is reading, any ideas why 6th place would be relegated? Can’t see anything in the database that would cause this, both division have 3 up/3 down.

The only thing I can see is that Hartford who were the 4th team promoted from the 3 promotion place league below  have an old USL league in their ‘League for next season’ entry. But that wouldn’t explain why they were promoted as 4th team when it is 3 promotion places, and surely it would be 21st place in USL Championship relegated and not 6th! :idiot:

Archived