Why are scouts so far off on expected salary and never in your favor?

Been having quite a problem lately.  Team rep is outstanding, I'm a Copa Liberatore winner, and I like to carry about 4 or 5 Foreign players each season.  My scouts are solid, especially for the Chilean league that I play (odd choice I know, did it at random even though I'm not remotely Chilean).   One huge problem has arisen.  First you haggle with teams to get to terms to try to sign a player, then they ask for promises and waste more time in transfer windows, then you get to the contract negotiation and WHAMMO, although your scouts told you they would want like $250-300K, they consistently ask for double minimum and are totally insulted with your opening offer that was at the high point of the window your scout told you and, BTW, already more than double what they were making in their current contract that doesn't expire for another 2 years.

What bothers me is this, it is NEVER in your favor.  Scouts never overestimate what a player would want and almost never get it right.  Why would the game engine do this?  It wastes so much time, since I sequence offers to avoid getting 2 of a position I only need one of.

Archived