Making Truro As Good As A Cornish Pasty

Ciderarmy

So as I recover from surgery I dusted my laptop off and started to think about a brand new challenge in FM19 

I usually start with my true love Bristol City but I already have one going so my thoughts turn to a lower league starting point 

I wanted it to make it challenging so didn't fancy a big team in non league so to speak so that rules out Torquay etc so after pondering I have gone for Truro City mainly because I spent 16 years living in St Ives before returning to Bristol and use to watch the odd game and was devastated when Truro nearly folded 

Challenging it will be as looking at my squad we start with no goal keeper and 2 defenders but the rest of the squad looks ok and we have 2 fantastic strikers at this level in Jon Paul Pitman and Louis Rooney 

Hopes and dreams for the season would be tenth the board expects us to fight bravely against relegation and the media expects use to finish 15th so this could be a harder challenge than I expected and massive respect to everyone who does a lower league save 

Budget wise mmmm there is none and we only have 160 pounds wage budget to play with so it will be freebies and anyone who fancies a game in the transfer market and if we can't find a gk this will be the quickest save ever 

I really hope people enjoy reading this save and I will be back with transfer news and hopefully I find someone who can play in goal

So pre season is done and it went better than expected some reality good results especially against Aberdeen as we were drawing going into the last ten minutes 

As first thought Louis Rooney looks a great player and should be playing at a higher level 

So with pre season done feeling better but the hard work starts now and looking around the league there is some big hitters in this league 

IMG_1519.JPG

So the press make Billericay and Torquay favourites for promotion and I would agree as both squads are littered with ex football league players so if we finish above them we will be promoted 

Outside bets for me would be Concord and Dartford and probably Woking.

Looking at this league makes me realise how big this challenge will be.

I really like the look of Harvey Moss and Jamie Roberts as they have bags of potential the only concern for me is the gk position as it was a real struggle to find anyone.

My starting Gk is Phillips who I got from Bristol Rovers and everyone is raving about him but at 19 is he ready.

From the squad I inherited big things are expected from Riley-Lowe,Thompson,Harvey and strikers Pitman and Rooney.

Formation wise it was going to be a standard 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1

In the end going with 1 up top as if one of my strikers get injured I really haven't got a back up.

Im not sure about going with a dlp or bod at this level but we will see how the first few games go.

I will update at the end of August on results etc wit the fixtures not looking to bad apart Billericay A and Woking at home.

My target is 9 points from the first 7 games.

4 hours ago, Ciderarmy said:

So the press make Billericay and Torquay favourites for promotion and I would agree as both squads are littered with ex football league players so if we finish above them we will be promoted

Not necessarily.

You need to discover the save screenshot function in game.

So August fixtures are done and we have done really well with 5 wins and a magnificent win against title favourites Billericay which was the highlight.

The only downside was a awful 2-0 loss at Woking and we played really poorly but came back with a bang winning 4-0 against Hungerford.

With September fixtures looking less daunting I'm hoping for a 7 points return from 4 games.

Stand out players so far have been Lowe averaging 7.26 and Harvey Moss.

A big round of applause goes to my 19 year old gk who has done me proud.

In the league big favourites Torquay and Billericay have had poor starts which is a bit of a surprise.

Sorry about the quality of the pictures at present I'm struggling with the screenshot save.

Anyway thanks to everyone who has had a look at my save and all feedback is welcome.

Well everything is rather rosy on this trip back to sunny Cornwall.

11 games in and we're sitting 2nd in the league same points as Dulwich but rather worryingly Billericay seem to have found there form.

Lowe is still on fire and the goals are still being shared around.

So were off to the capital for a day out in the fa cup against Met Police and we could do with a decent cup run as finance is not looking great.

So far this is turning into a really enjoyable save after looking desperate early on in the save.

So apart from a frustrating defeat away to Concord all is well

So as we come to the end of October things are still going well and made it into the FA Cup 1st rnd after a great win v Dover who were a league higher than us.

The only downside is our star man Rooney is out for 2 months but hopefully Pitman can show us he is as good.

The table is looking tight but cant complain only losing twice in 14 games,and my worries over using the dlp and bpd at this level can work.

The only postion im pondering over is the use of a pressing forward as I don't think its working that well so may mess around with an advance forward.

In FA Cup news have a great local ish derby away at Cheltenham in the first round and the way we are playing feel we have a great chance.

Another fantastic set of results with a great win against top of the table Dulwich and the result against Chelmsford shows on our day we can play some really great football.

The cup dream is over after we were outclassed in the second half but if we had taken our chances in the first half when we hit the bar twice it could of been very different.

Ben Harding has been vital since his return from injury and looking at his stats you can see why Rooney is such a big miss.

So 7 points clear of the final play off place going into December is fantastic progress and hopefully we can maintain our progress and give Cornwall a team to be proud off.

So going into the second half of the season my reward is a new contract which they offered with a bonus of all the pasties I can eat if we get promoted.

Results wise only 3 games but a good December apart from our heartbreaking defeat against our noisy neighbours who we played off the park until they got a 89th pen and scored a 25 yard free kick in the 92nd min football can be so cruel.

First half of the season has been great considering we have a 19 year old gk and a 18 year old cb and going into the second half of the season I feel the play offs could happen and the only disappointment so far is the FA Trophy loss.

Make a mental note don't get Torquay in the play offs there rather good.

So a big seven games in Jan and it started with us almost falling out of the play offs to ending up at the top come the  end of the month.

Torquay are showing there class at the moment and and are just buying everyone and talking of transfers if theres a rich Cornish person out there who would like to help buy a player let me know as we only have a max of 240 pounds a week to play with so its proving rather hard to get anyone in.

Also messages keep coming up players don't want to relocate,why its a great part of the world.

So heading into March I can feel the play offs are almost there I just don't think we have the quality in depth to get automatic promotion but footies a funny old game.

My star man Rooney is still on fire and signed a new contract as clubs were sniffing around and it could be a interesting summer no matter what league we are in as almost 8 players are out of contract.

So another great set of results apart from the loss at our rivals and the quality showed so I feel we really need to win promotion but I was very happy with the way we bounce back and I think it looks like it could be a shoot out between us and Torquay and who would of thought that at the start of the season.

On 20/02/2019 at 17:08, Ciderarmy said:

In FA Cup news have a great local ish derby away at Cheltenham in the first round and the way we are playing feel we have a great chance.

Truro v Cheltenham is nothing remotely like a local derby. They are 207 miles apart. Arsenal v Manchester United is closer to being a local derby at 197 miles.

At least you've sorted your screens out.

In fact if you look at Truro fc away mileage over an entire season it's one  of the highest in the football league and is the reason why teams like ST Blazey,Exmouth and Plymouth Parkway won't make the step up due to the costs involved 

16 minutes ago, Ciderarmy said:

In fact if you look at Truro fc away mileage over an entire season it's one  of the highest in the football league and is the reason why teams like ST Blazey,Exmouth and Plymouth Parkway won't make the step up due to the costs involved 

Truro City aren't in the Football League.

Archived