FM: Freaky Friday! Bayern & Huddersfield

This isn't going to as in-depth as it probably should be for the tactics forum, so I don't even know if it should be in the tactics forum so please move if necessary. 

I'm sure many of us have seen the film starring Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan. No? Just me then. Basically, two people wake up in each other's bodies. Which is going to basically happen here with Bayern & Huddersfield. 

I'm taking control of both Munchen and Huddersfield and swapping their styles of play around. Munchen will be playing Route One football, pumping it forward from the back and having someone run on to it. Huddersfield will be playing Vertical Tiki-Taka. 

I'm going to be using the default tactics for this, with no tweaking except to mentality for different situations and will just be trying to manage my lads with shouts and team talks. I'm going to be selling the players that don't fit either systems to free up money for players that will come and fit into the system. I will also be looking at trying to asking my current players to learn certain traits that will help them in their roles. 
Robben will be getting a shock when he's asked to play on the Left Wing to put crosses in with his left instead of on the right to cut inside :D 

Huddersfield Town

So we've gone with a vertical Tiki-Taka 4-1-4-1 (4-1-2-3)

Hudders.thumb.PNG.67632b0c23b9208d5a7e08ee6e528dcb.PNG

As you can see, all the normal instructions for a VT-T, what I've put in there is my assistant's opinion of our best 11 playing with those duties and roles. I will probably change it around a bit though, with Kongolo rotating with Schindler and Jorgensen, and putting Lowe at LB. 

I also think I'd like to put Pritchard on the LW instead of the Right as VLP has some unsavoury traits. I'm sure there's plenty of dead wood I can get rid of, I only really want 22 players. So anyone who I don't deem good enough to be first team or #2 for that position will be moved on. 

Bayern Munchen

Bayern.thumb.PNG.89f9504eaae575e96b4599de1fef3e8d.PNG

Again suggest team. Can't really see much wrong with it. Coman's strongest foot is his right, and Gnabry's is his right also but has a strong Left, with a little more training on his weaker foot he should be golden. 

Our defense isn't the paciest but playing a lower defensive line help that issue. 

We've got one of the best PF's in world football and Lewandowski will be asked to play as our main TM, should win most of the headers from balls that Serge and Coman are sticking in. 

With £103,000,000 to spend this summer. We should be able to improve the bench and maybe get some young lads in. I'm thinking Timo Werner to be stand in for Muller? 

My next post will include some lists of targets and also which traits I'm going to be asking my players to learn. ;

Interesting little experiment, no idea why you think we (Huddersfield) play route one football though. We might be having a horrendous season but that couldn't be further from the truth. We're probably one of the easiest on the eye teams in the bottom half of the Prem, we just can't score.

Archived