A new role idea: Adaptive Wingback and Adaptive Winger

bijak_riyandi

Hello SI and fellow managers,

When I was building a tactic for my team, I thought how good it would be if only one of my fullback goes up to attack and the other one stays behind, and they can switch which flank to attack seamlessly. Currently, using WB-FB combination can work, but you won't be able to switch between two flanks easily and seamlessly, as you need to create 2 tactics and you may lose some instructions when changing. Also, changing tactics every few minutes is kinda troublesome, isn't it?

That's why I'm proposing new roles: Adaptive Wingback (DR/L, WBR/L) and Adaptive Winger (MR/L).

As mentioned, when an Adaptive Wingback/Winger on the right is going up to attack, his counterpart on the left will stay behind, and vice versa. As a consequence, if you choose to build your tactic with an Adaptive Wingback/Winger, the game should lock the player on the opposite wing to the same role. As for the duty, either only Support or Auto should be enough.

Thank you for your time to read this little suggestion :)

6 hours ago, Mitja said:

I think that's how support duty fullbacks roles used to work? Most teams play with such pattern imo. 

No.
I often use FB-support on both flanks, and I still see both of them coming up (to the midfield area, not as far as an attacking fullback would go) during an attacking phase.

P.S. I believe duties on fullback changes how far they go up when attacking and duties on wingback changes how deep they go back when defending.

Archived