Wage problem - regen reputation difference?

Hi guys,

I noticed that the wage system isn't really flawless yet and I was wondering if you could offer any help. My current star player, Jérémy Doku, two-time winner of the world footballer of the year, multi-champions league winner (6 golden boots), won the european championships twice, is included in every drem team/team of the year and, well long story short: he scores 75 goals per season on average and wins every golden boot/personal prize possible. 

Yet I can't offer him more than 600K per week in wages, even though my financial page says I can offer players up to 800K.

On the other hand, I have the regen of Dries Mertens. Scores about 10 goals per season in my system, has won best young player at thte world cup and European championship, but that's about it. Yet I CAN offer him 800K...

It's causing me problems in keeping Doku, while I would really love to keep him (and I don't really care about the regen). Is there anything that can be done about this discrepancy, please?

EDIT: for clarity, Doku is not a regen. My title wants to say that a relatively unproven regen might have a higher reputation and thus get higher wages than the best player in the world - not a regen?

10 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

75 goals per season! That is ridiculous.

Last season was 82 (international not included) - that 1K is coming along just nicely :) 

(check out Vibe, some people are aiming for 2K, scoring about 120 each season)

3 hours ago, jens_dewit said:

Last season was 82 (international not included) - that 1K is coming along just nicely :) 

(check out Vibe, some people are aiming for 2K, scoring about 120 each season)

That kind of scoring record would ruin the game for me. Not even Ronaldo scores that many goals in a single season.

Archived