Team complaining about mid-table position...

I took over Fylde in September 2018 picking them up at 22nd in the league, I went on a great run and even got them to the FA Cup 2nd Round. It is now December and we are 14th, 9 points off play-offs and have 2 games in hand on the teams around us. The players are happy with my management and my tactics but called a team meeting to tell me they were concerned about the league position.

Now, I'm not sure why we missed two fixtures when everyone else played, I couldn't think of a reason why. 

The answer I could realistically give to them was: Give me time and I'll turn it round. 

But there was nothing wrong. Realistically the answer should be "We've got 2 games in hand on the teams around us and are only 9 points off play-offs. We have been largely unbeaten since I took over, we are playing well! 

I couldn't understand why the players seen this is an issue. 

2 hours ago, SynergyIso7 said:

The player whose contract expires in 1900 has just signed an extension with a weekly wage of £0

He'll be getting quite old?

Your two games in hand are probably a result of the cup run, plus perhaps postponements due to weather.

Archived