The Making of a Legend: The Mark Wilson Chronicles (Part Six: A Nou Job in the Catalan)

mark wilson27

March 21st:
Real Hispalis (A) (30/38)
On the 11th minute we went a goal down as A.Rodriguez jinked through my defence with real ease and fired in under M.ter Stegen. Ten minutes later we had our first chance of the game with Neymar sprinting through the Hispalis defence but the keeper saved well with ease. Just before the break the home side had another chance to score as they split my defence apart with ease and fired towards goal but M.ter Stegen blocked it to deny them.
The second half was barely a minute old when Real Hispalis were awarded a penalty after H.Moreno handled in the area, luckily for us M.ter Stegen saved the penalty with real ease. On the 74th minute we had our first chance of the half as J.Caicedo rose above the Hispalis defence but his header was as poor as our general play. Another poor performance

Real Hispalis 1-0 Barcelona A.Rodriguez 11

M.ter Stegen (capt), H.Moreno, J.Gimenez, M.Djukic (B.Mendy), L.Shaw (H.Kurt), J.Marquez (P.Dybala), E.Carvalho, K.Mbappe, C.Theunis, Neymar, J.Caicedo

Booked: H.Moreno

March 25th:
Injury news sees A.Piras returning to full training following his recent hamstring injury. However some bad news on the injury front sees P.Panagiotidis out for 9-12 days after twisting his knee on International duty with Greece

Monthly Review:
Spanish First Division: 3rd 65pts (-8pts)
Spanish Cup: Final v A.Bilbao
Spanish Super Cup: Winners v R.Madrid
Champions Cup: ¼ Final v Paris Saint-Germain

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

April 2027:
April 3rd:
Vigo (H) (31/38)
The game was four minutes old when we grabbed the lead as K.Mbappe ran into the area and fired under the keeper On the 14th minute it was two nil with J.Caicedo sprinting clear of the defence and hit home from ten yards. We were all over the Vigo side and with six minutes remaining in the half it was three nil with J.Marquez rising above the defence and heading in a Neymar cross. It got even better on the 44th minute as J.Marquez rose above the defence again and sent a bullet of a header into the top corner of the net.
The second half was five minutes old when I was forced into a change as P.Dybala came on for the injured K.Mbappe. On the 54th minute it made it 5-0 as Neymar showed some of his skill with a fine run and strike to beat the keeper into the bottom corner. Seven minutes later Vigo pulled a goal back with J.Antonio Yuste slotting in past my keeper who was slow to react. Vigo were beginning to control the game without getting close to the goal. However they did break free of my defence on the 86th minute as R.Torres showed great pace to beat my defence and keeper to make it 5-2 but it was too little too late

Barcelona 5-2 Vigo K.Mbappe 4, J.Caicedo 14, J.Marquez 39, 44, Neymar 54 / J.Antonio Yuste 61, R.Torres 86  

M.ter Stegen (capt), H.Moreno, J.Gimenez, M.Djukic (H.Kurt), L.Shaw, J.Marquez, E.Carvalho, K.Mbappe (inj 50-P.Dybala), C.Theunis (E.Raminez), Neymar, J.Caicedo (P.Dybala)

Some more bloody injury news sees K.Mbappe out for around a month with a torn groin muscle and L.Shaw will be out for a fortnight  with a twisted ankle. We will also be without J.Marquez for around five days after gashing his upper leg

April 6th:
Sevilla (A) (32/38)
Two minutes into the game we went a goal down with J.Simon beating I.David to a loose ball and wasted no time in firing it past M.ter Stegen. On the 14th minute it was two nil with a thunderous strike from A.Benitez which beat my keeper to his near post. We were being outplayed on every inch of the field and on the 27th minute it was three nil as A.Benitez slotted in his second of the game from close range.
The second half was four minutes old when we pulled a goal back as J.Caicedo rose above the defence and headed a C.Theunis cross past the keeper. On the 54th minute it was a second goal for J.Caicedo as he beat the offside trap and fired under the Sevilla keeper. We were starting to dominate the game and on the 77th minute we levelled the scores with M.Djukic heading a C.Theunis free-kick into the top corner. Six minutes later we grabbed the lead as J.Caicedo completed his hat-trick with a well struck shot which gave the Sevilla no chance of saving. It got even better for us as on the 89th minute E.Carvalho got in on the scoring act with a curling effort which beat the keeper into the far corner. A brilliant comeback

Sevilla 3-5 Barcelona J.Simon 2, A.Benitez 14, 27 / J.Caicedo 49, 54, 83, M.Djukic 77, E.Carvalho 89

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David (H.Moreno), J.Gimenez, M.Djukic, B.Mendy, A.Piras, E.Carvalho, P.Panagiotidis (H.Kurt), C.Theunis, Neymar (P.Dybala), J.Caicedo

Booked: B.Mendy

April 10th:
Malaga (A) (33/38)
The first half was pretty tight in truth with the action contained in the middle third of the pitch however on the 41st minute we went into the lead as J.Caicedo was adjudged to have been fouled just inside the area, Neymar stepped up and fired the resulting penalty with pace past the keeper.
The second half was a lot better as we started to take control of the play with some excellent passing and ten minutes in we added a second goal with Neymar grabbing his second of the game with a low strike past the keeper. On the 57th minute it was three nil with J.Caicedo playing a nifty one two with P.Panagiotidis to break clear of the defence and wasted no time in firing past the keeper. We were all over Malaga and with four minutes remaining in the game as got our fourth and final goal as Neymar slotted in from the penalty spot after being fouled.

Malaga 0-4 Barcelona Neymar 41 pen, 55, 86 pen, J.Caicedo 57

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, J.Gimenez (H.Kurt), M.Djukic, B.Mendy, A.Piras, E.Carvalho, P.Panagiotidis, C.Theunis (E.Raminez), Neymar, J.Caicedo (P.Dybala)

April 13th:
Paris Saint-Germain (H) Champions Cup ¼ Final 1st Leg
We controlled the majority of the first half with some brilliant play and on the 23rd minute we had our first real chance as J.Caicedo broke free of the defence but the PSG keeper reacted brilliantly and bravely to deny him. Ten minutes later Neymar had the chance with a deft little chip over the keeper but the ball wouldn't come down enough and it landed in the roof of the net. However on the stroke of half time the first goal was finally scored but it was PSG who broke the deadlock as B.Mayoral finished a counter attack to slide the ball in under M.ter Stegen.
The second half was much the same as we piled on the pressure without getting close to the PSG keeper but deep into injury time we pulled level as P.Dybala finally broke the resistance with a thunderous effort from outside the area. In truth we should have killed this tie off in the first half 

Barcelona 1-1 Paris Saint-Germain P.Dybala 90+2 / B.Mayoral 45

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David (H.Kurt), J.Gimenez, M.Djukic, B.Mendy, A.Piras, E.Carvalho (E.Raminez), P.Panagiotidis, C.Theunis, Neymar (P.Dybala), J.Caicedo

April 17th:
Valencia (H) (34/38)
A cracking start saw us a goal up within a minute as Neymar ran through the defence with real ease and fired with power past the keeper. Soon after we had another chance with a long range effort from outside the area but the Valencia keeper saved well. It was all my side and on the 34th minute we had another chance with A.Piras curling in from the byline but the ball didn't curl enough and went out.
The second half was eleven minutes old when we grabbed a second goal with P.Panagiotidis firing in from the penalty spot after Neymar was brought down in the area. We were all over the Valencia side but it was the away side that grabbed the final goal of the game as K.Sanchez headed in from close range. We really should have scored a lot more goals but I was happy with the three points

Barcelona 2-1 Valencia Neymar 1, P.Panagiotidis 56 pen / K.Sanchez 89

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David (H.Moreno), J.Gimenez (H.Kurt), M.Djukic, B.Mendy, A.Piras, E.Carvalho, P.Panagiotidis, C.Theunis, Neymar, J.Caicedo (P.Dybala)

April 21st:
Paris Saint-Germain (A) Champions Cup ¼ Final 2nd Leg (agg 1-1)
We never got going in the first half and it was PSG that dominated and on the 19th minute they came close with a low shot which had M.ter Stegen at full stretch to save. Twelve minutes later it they had another chance as they broke through the defence but yet again my keeper saved the day. Just before the break we had our first chance of the game with P.Dybala beating the defence but the PSG keeper smothered the ball at his feet.
The second half was nine minutes old when PSG took the lead as L.Silva saw M.ter Stegen off his line and lobbed him from twenty yards. On the 69th minute they had yet another chance with a great team move which luckily ended with a terrible shot. On the stroke of full time we came close to sending the tie into extra time but Neymar managed to miss from three yards after a P.Panagiotidis cross eluded the whole PSG side and keeper.
Not a great performance at all

Paris Saint-Germain 1-0 Barcelona L.Silva 54

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, J.Gimenez, M.Djukic (H.Kurt), B.Mendy (H.Moreno), A.Piras, E.Carvalho, P.Panagiotidis, C.Theunis (E.Raminez), Neymar, P.Dybala

Booked: H.Moreno

Not the result I wanted as we go out of Europe 2-1 on aggregate

April 26th:
Almeria (H) (35/38)
A completely different performance compared to midweek as we dominated Almeria and on the 5th minute we took the lead as C.Theunis barged though the defence and slotted in under the onrushing keeper. It didn't take long till we had another chance as four minutes later P.Dybala headed a P.Panagiotidis cross just wide of the post. We carried on the pressure and on the 35th minute we were awarded a penalty after P.Dybala was brought down in the area, P.Panagiotidis stepped up and fired past the keeper. On the stroke of half time we made it three nil with J.Gimenez heading in a P.Panagiotidis cross.
The second half was all us again as we controlled the play with ease and on the 66th minute we added a fourth goal as H.Kurt rose above the defence and headed a P.Panagiotidis corner past the keeper . With ten minutes remaining in the game Almeria pulled a goal back as J.Antonio Zazo fired in past M.ter Stegen. However on the 85th minute we made it 5-1 as J.Caicedo fired in a low shot past the keeper.

Barcelona 5-1 Almeria C.Theunis 5, P.Panagiotidis 35 pen, J.Gimenez 45, H.Kurt 66, J.Caicedo 85 / J.Antonio Zazo 80

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David (H.Moreno), J.Gimenez (H.Kurt), M.Djukic, B.Mendy, A.Piras, E.Carvalho, P.Panagiotidis, C.Theunis, Neymar, P.Dybala (J.Caicedo)

Monthly Review:
Spanish First Division: 2nd 80pts (-3pts)
Spanish Cup: Final v A.Bilbao
Champions Cup: Knocked out in ¼ Final v Paris Saint-Germain

May 2027:
May 1st:
A.Madrid (H) (36/38)
Our inconsistent form saw us being outplayed by A.Madrid and on the 18th minute we had M.ter Stegen to thank as he produced a World class save to deny the away side. With eight minutes remaining in the half A.Madrid grabbed the lead as C.Yildrim jinked though the defence with far too much and fired in under M.ter Stegen.
The second half was all A.Madrid but luckily for us their finishing was as bad as our defending and they failed to add another goal. At the final whistle the players and myself were greeted with a chorus of boos

Barcelona 0-1 A.Madrid C.Yildrim 37

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, J.Gimenez, M.Djukic (H.Kurt), B.Mendy (L.Shaw), A.Piras, E.Carvalho, P.Panagiotidis, C.Theunis, Neymar (J.Caicedo), P.Dybala

Booked: E.Carvalho

With the loss it means we have no chance of winning the title which wont please the board. Other news sees E.Carvalho suspended for the next league game after picking up his fifth yellow card

May 2nd:
After yesterdays loss I have heard on the grape vine that my job is far from safe and a loss in the next game could see me with my P45. Other news sees J.Marquez out for around a month with damaged knee ligaments after training

May 9th:
Oviedo (A) (37/38)
We struggled to get going and on it took till the 38th minute for us to have our first real effort as K.Mbappe beat the offside trap but his final effort went so wide of the post Oviedo was given a throw in.
The second half was just as dire as we failed to string more than a few passes together and on the 76th minute we were punished as a long ball over the top was volleyed past M.ter Stegen by A.Gil much to the delight of the home fans. The goal turn out to be the winner and in truth I was getting ready to pack my bags and get my P45

Oviedo 1-0 Barcelona A.Gil 76

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David (H.Moreno), H.Kurt, M.Djukic, L.Shaw, A.Piras (J.Gimenez), K.Mbappe, P.Panagiotidis, C.Theunis, Neymar, P.Dybala (J.Caicedo)

Booked: A.Piras

After the game I was informed that A.Piras will miss the next league game after picking up his fifth yellow card

May 15th:
A.Bilbao (Nuevo Mestalla, Valencia) Spanish Cup Final
We had the chance to redeem ourselves in the cup final and it looked good as we started brightly. On the 12th minute we had our first chance of the game as Neymar jinked through the area but C.Atangana denied him with a brave save. Eight minutes later we had another chance with Neymar rattling the upright from outside the area. Just after the half hour we were give a warning as A.Villalibre beat the offside trap but M.ter Stegen was alert enough to block the effort. On the 43rd minute Neymar had yet another chance to score with a low effort which was diverted wide of the post by Chechu.
The second half was barely a minute old when A.Bilbao came close as my defence seemed to be still in the changing room, luckily for them M.ter Stegen was alert enough to save the day. On the hour we had our next chance to score as J.Caicedo ran onto a P.Panagiotidis through-ball but his final effort went just wide of the post. It was one way traffic and on the 76th minute Neymar had yet another chance to score as he fired straight into C.Atangana's arms when in truth he should have done a lot better, With eight minutes remaining in the game we were punished for our poor finishing as P.Martin hit a screamer into the bottom corner which gave M.ter Stegen no chance of saving to give A.Bilbao the win and the trophy

A.Bilbao 1-0 Barcelona P.Martin 82

A.Bilbao: C.Atangana, I.Gonzalez, Chechu, A.Laporte (capt), I.Gonzalez, J.Goni, D.Imaz, A.Villianueva, A.Merida (P.Martin), E.Bilbao (J.Sanz), A.Villalibre (I.Iriarte)

Barcelona: M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, H.Kurt, M.Djukic (J.Gimenez), L.Shaw, A.Piras, E.Carvalho, P.Panagiotidis, C.Theunis (E.Raminez), Neymar, P.Dybala (J.Caicedo)

Booked: A.Villanueva, D.Imaz (A.Bilbao) / A.Piras, E.Carvalho (Barcelona)

Attendance: 75,000

After the game I was informed that E.Carvalho will miss the next Spanish Cup game after picking up his second yellow card

May 23rd:
Real San Sebastian (A) (38/38)
Six minutes into the we took the lead as Neymar showed some of his old skills with a great run into the area and finish. On the 28th minute we had another chance as P.Dybala rose above the defence and headed a K.Mbappe cross past the keeper but not the upright. With a minute remaining in the half P.Dybala hit the target to give us a two goal lead going into the break.
The second half was much the same as we carried on the pressure but it was Real San Sebastian who scored the first goal as L.Bangu fired in under the my keeper on the 67th minute. Three minutes later we regained our advantage as P.Dybala hit home from two yards after a powerful low cross from P.Panagiotidis. We carried on the pressure and on the stroke of full time E.Carvalho volleyed a C.Theunis cross past the keeper to end a poor season on a high note. Whether I'll be in charge next season time will only tell.

Real San Sebastian 1-4 Barcelona L.Bangu 67 / Neymar 6, P.Dybala 44, 70, E.Carvalho 90+1

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, H.Kurt, M.Djukic, L.Shaw (E.Raminez), K.Mbappe (Q.Monnier), E.Carvalho, P.Panagiotidis, C.Theunis, Neymar, P.Dybala

Monthly Review:
Spanish First Division: 3rd 83pts (-5pts)
Spanish Cup: Lost in Final v A.Bilbao
Champions Cup: Knocked out in ¼ Final v Paris Saint-Germain

End of Season Table:
1st: R.Madrid (88) (Champions) (ECC)
2nd: A.Madrid (88) (ECC)
3rd: Barcelona (83) (ECC)
4th: Villarreal (75) (ECC)
5th: Real San Sebastian (72) (EC)
6th: Valencia (70) (EC)
7th: A.Bilbao (64) (EC)
8th: Levante (59)
9th: Cordoba (54)
10th: Vigo (51)
11th: Sevilla (49)
12th: Getafe (45)
13th: Espanyol (43)
14th: Malaga (42)
15th: Oviedo (39)
16th: Real Hispalis (38)
17th: Coruna (29)
18th: Almeria (26) (Relegated)
19th: S.Gijon (25) (Relegated)
20th: Elbar (20) (Relegated)

The Spanish First Division Team of the Season has seen E.Carvalho, Neymar and P.Dybala all entering the side. 

June 2027:
June 7th:
The Clubs End of Season Awards have been handed out and are as follows:
Fans Player of the Season: E.Carvalho (47%)
Signing of the Season: A.Piras (£85,030,000 from Manchester City)
Young Player of the Season: E.Carvalho

Top Scorer: P.Dybala (35 goals)
Highest Average Rating: E.Carvalho (7.34)
Most Yellow Cards: E.Carvalho (8)
Most Red Cards: J.Gimenez, B.Mendy, C.Theunis (1)

June 18th:
Transfer news sees H.Moreno joining Paris Saint-Germain for £23,000,000 with the fee potentially reaching £32,000,000

June 22nd:
More transfer news sees L.Shaw joining AS Monaco for £2,300,000 which could rise to £3,600,000

Season Twelve: 2027/28:
July 2027:
July 4th:
Transfer news sees me bringing in 21 year old South African winger Molefi Khumalo from Stoke City for a fee of £34,500,000 which will rise to £38,000,000

July 9th:
More transfer news sees P.Panagiotidis joining A.C.Milan for a fee of £19,750,000 which will rise up to £26,000,000

July 10th:
The board have released their expectations for the forthcoming season. They are as follows:-
Champions Cup: ¼ Final 
Spanish First Division: Winners
Spanish Cup: Not Important

The board have also announced a link with English side West Ham United.
Other transfer news sees J.Marquez joining Olympique Lyonnais for a fee of £14,250,000 which will rise up to £20,500,000

July 13th:
Injury news sees P.Dybala out for around two months after picking up a hip injury during training

July 18th:
The first pre-season friendly sees my side facing AS Monaco at home and we struggled to a 1-1 draw with an own goal giving us our equaliser.

July 19th:
I have made another signing with 23 year old Italian striker Kingsley Baise joining us from Manchester United for a fee of £75,000,000

July 23rd:
Our next friendly sees us facing Liverpool and in truth we might as-well not bothered turning up as they thrashed us 3-0. We didn't even manage a single effort on goal during the ninety minutes. The game also saw J.Caicedo pick up a back strain and he will miss around a month

July 26th:
We now faced Manchester City and again didn't perform well but managed to get a 1-1 draw with M.Khumalo grabbing our late equaliser

July 28th:
Our next opponents were Aston Villa and a 1-1 draw was flattering for us as we seemed to struggle with the basics, luckily for us K.Baise headed in to save our blushes

July 30th:
Arsenal were our next pre-season opponents and this time we played alittle better and managed a 2-2 draw with K.Mbappe grabbing a brace, however the game came at a cost with E.Carvalho picking up a torn hamstring meaning he will miss around two to three months of action

August 2027:
August 1st:
Our next English friendly opponents were Sunderland and we were beaten 2-1 with K.Mbappe grabbing our goal. I am far from impressed with my players pre-season efforts and hopefully this doesn't carry on into the forthcoming season

August 4th:
We now faced a trip to South Korea to play Gwangju and we thrashed them 7-3 with I.David, C.Theunis grabbing a goal a piece, K.Mbappe grabbing a brace and K.Baise grabbing a hat-trick

August 7th:
Whilst away I have been informed of the Spanish First Division title odds and we are third favourites at 13-4 with R.Madrid 11-4 favourites.

August 8th:
We now faced Pohang in a friendly and we beat them just 3-2 with C.Theunis, K.Mbappe and K.Baise all scoring

August 12th:
Some good injury news just before the season starts sees J.Caicedo returning after three weeks out with a back strain.

August 16th:
I have been asked to choose the clubs Captain and Vice Captain for the season and M.ter Stegen will remain as Captain with H.Kurt his Vice Captain

August 22nd: 
Before the first game of the season I have already been slated as one of the favourites to get sacked. Hopefully a good start to the season will get some of the pressure off.

Malaga (H) Spanish First Division (1/38)
After a busy pre-season it was time too see if my plans would come to fruition. It didn't take long till we took the lead as K.Mbappe played a one two with K.Baise and fired in under the keeper. On the 18th minute we made it two nil with K.Baise scored on his debut with a brilliant strike. It was far too easy and on the 42nd minute K.Baise had the chance to grab his second of the game with a low shot which the keeper saved well.
The second half was more of training game as we passed the hell out of Malaga but we only managed to grab the one goal as C.Theunis slotted in from a M.Khumalo cross to. Despite relaxing far too much in the second half I was happy with my sides overall performance and so were the fans who actually didn't boo us off the pitch

Barcelona 3-0 Malaga K.Mbappe 15, K.Baise 18, C.Theunis 61

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, M.Djukic, J.Gimenez (H.Kurt), B.Mendy, Neymar, S.Ibanez (A.Piras), M.Khumalo, C.Theunis, K.Mbappe, K.Baise (J.Caicedo)

August 26th:
The draw for the Champions Cup has taken place and is as follows:
Group A: Bayern (GER), AS Monaco (FRA), FCP (POR), Ajax (NED)
Group B: Man.City (ENG), Juventus (ITA), Zenit (RUS), Dinamo Buc. (ROU)
Group C: A.Madrid (ESP), INTER (ITA), Olympique Lyonnais (FRA), Celtic (SCO)
Group D: Chelsea (ENG), R.Madrid (ESP), Besiktas (TUR), FC Kobenhavn (DEN)
Group E: Man.Utd (ENG), Barcelona (ESP), Sporting (POR), Maccabi Tel-Aviv (ISR)
Group F: SLB (POR), Napoli (ITA), Dortmund (GER), Sparta Prague (CZE)
Group G: A.C.Milan (ITA), Club Brugge (BEL), Panathinaikos (GRE), Red Star (SRB)
Group H: Paris Saint-Germain (FRA), Arsenal (ENG), Shakhtar (UKR), Villarreal (ESP)

August 28th:
Getafe (A) (2/38)
We didn't have the best of starts as Getafe took the lead within two minutes as T.Bartoszak ran into the area with ease and wasted no time in firing under M.ter Stegen. They carried on the pressure and on the 23rd minute they had another chance to score with a long range effort which had mu keeper at full stretch to save. With six minutes remaining in the half we grabbed the equaliser as K.Mbappe fired in from the edge of the area after a poor clearance by the keeper.
The second half saw my side responding to a few harsh words and came out fighting. On the hour we had our first chance of the half with K.Baise running in from the wing and fired with power under the keeper but the ball bobbled wide of the post. We kept on the pressure and with ten minutes remaining in the game we had our final chance with a thunderous effort from C.Theunis which the keeper tipped over the crossbar.

Getafe 1-1 Barcelona T.Bartoszak 2 / K.Mbappe 39

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David (Q.Monnier), M.Djukic (H.Kurt), J.Gimenez, B.Mendy, Neymar, A.Piras, M.Khumalo (J.Caicedo), C.Theunis, K.Mbappe, K.Baise

September 2027:
September 9th:
Some good news on the injury front sees P.Dybala back to full training following his recent hip injury

September 10th:
The odds for the Champions Cup has been released and we have quoted at 10-1 with Manchester City 3-1 favourites

September 11th:
A.Madrid (H) (3/38)
Eight minutes into the game we took the lead as M.Khumalo jinked through the defence with ease and fired past the onrushing keeper. On the 24th minute we came close to grabbing another goal with Neymar firing wide from the penalty spot after K.Baise was brought down in the area. With seven minutes remaining in the half we doubled our lead as Neymar made up for his earlier miss with a world class shot.
The second half was elven minutes old when we made an error as J.Gimenez passed the ball to the feet of P.Diezma who wasted no time in firing past M.ter Stegen. My players responded well though and upped the gears some more and on the 86th minute  C.Theunis restored our two goal lead with a low shot at the keepers near post.

Barcelona 3-1 A.Madrid M.Khumalo 8, Neymar 38, C.Theunis 86 / P.Diezma 56

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, M.Djukic, J.Gimenez, B.Mendy, Neymar, A.Piras, M.Khumalo, C.Theunis, K.Mbappe, K.Baise

Booked: M.Djukic, A.Piras, K.Baise

September 15th:
Manchester United (H) Champions Cup Group E (1/6)
A mere twelve seconds into the game we went a goal down as C.Yildrim ran with the ball from kick off and fired with pace past M.ter Stegen. On the 12th minute they had another chance as I.David failed to clear the ball but luckily for him the United striker managed to fire wide of the post. We were being battered and on the 29th minute they came close yet again with a fine team move which saw M.Djukic sliding in at the last minute to save the day.
The second half wasn't much better as we were being outplayed and on the 57th minute  M.ter Stegen saved our bacon with a brave smother. It wasn't looking good however on the 73rd minute we countered United and J.Caicedo fired in a Neymar through-ball to give us an undeserved share of the points.

Barcelona 1-1 Manchester United J.Caicedo 73 / C.Yildrim 12 sec

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, M.Djukic (Q.Monnier), J.Gimenez, B.Mendy (H.Kurt), Neymar, A.Piras, M.Khumalo, C.Theunis, K.Mbappe, K.Baise (J.Caicedo)

Other Group E Result:
Maccabi Tel-Aviv 1-2 Sporting

September 18th:
Vigo (A) (4/38)
Three minutes into the game my side took the lead as A.Piras ran into the area unmarked and fired past the keeper. Soon after we added another goal with A.Piras doubling his tally for the game with a long range effort which gave the keeper little chance of saving it. We were in complete control and on the 29th minute we made it three nil with M.Khumalo barging through the defence and rounding the keeper to slide the ball into the empty net. With nine minutes remaining in the half we grabbed another goal with J.Gimenez rising above the defence and heading a B.Mendy cross into the net. On the 41st minute it was five nil with C.Theunis slotting in from close range after running onto a Neymar through-ball.
The second half though was a different story as my players went into training ground mode and on the 63rd minute Vigo pulled a goal back as U.Kutlu hit home from just inside the area after my defence failed to cope with a simple pass. We were being outplayed with ease but luckily for us Vigo only managed the one last goal as O.Busquets tapped in from two yards after M.ter Stegen dropped a simple cross.

Vigo 2-5 Barcelona U.Kutlu 63, O.Busquets 90 / A.Piras 3, 15, M.Khumalo 29, J.Gimenez 36, C.Theunis 41

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David (H.Kurt), M.Djukic, J.Gimenez, B.Mendy, Neymar, A.Piras, M.Khumalo, C.Theunis (E.Ramirez), K.Mbappe (J.Caicedo), K.Baise

September 22nd:
Espanyol (H) (5/38)
A poor game for the fans in attendance with little in the way of action in the first half. Espanyol was the only side who came close to scoring with a long range effort which M.ter Stegen watched the ball over the crossbar. The second half wasn't much better with neither my side or the Espanyol side making any inroads into the opposition half. However deep into injury time the winning goal was scored with M.Khumalo beating the offside trap to fire in under the onrushing keeper. In truth a poor poor game

Barcelona 1-0 Espanyol M.Khumalo 90+3

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, M.Djukic, J.Gimenez (H.Kurt), B.Mendy, Neymar, A.Piras, M.Khumalo, C.Theunis, K.Mbappe (E.Ramirez), K.Baise (J.Caicedo)

September 25th:
Valencia (A) (6/38)
Four minutes into the game we took the lead as K.Mbappe rose above the defence and headed a Neymar dinked cross past the keeper. However on the 13th minute we went and conceded the equaliser with K.Sanchez jinked into the area unmarked and fired past M.ter Stegen. Soon after we came close to conceding another goal with a balls up in defence but my keeper saved well to deny the strikers. With three minutes remaining in the half we grabbed the lead back as K.Baise showed some skill to beat the defence and fire with pace past the keeper.
The second half was pretty tight compared to the first with much of the play being played out in the middle third of the pitch. With eight minutes remaining in the game I was forced into a change with I.David picking up a knee injury and Q.Monnier came on in place.

Valencia 1-2 Barcelona K.Sanchez 13 / K.Mbappe 4, K.Baise 42  

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David (inj 82-Q.Monnier), M.Djukic (H.Kurt), J.Gimenez, B.Mendy, Neymar, A.Piras, M.Khumalo, C.Theunis, K.Mbappe, K.Baise (J.Caicedo)

After the game I was informed that I David will be out of action for 7-9 weeks after tearing his knee ligaments

September 28th:
Sporting (A) Champions Cup Group E (2/6)
A tense start to the game with little forward action and it took till the 26th minute for the first shot on target as L.Henrique fired in from the penalty spot after J.Gimenez handled in the area. Nine minutes later Sporting were reduced to ten men after R.Gomes was sent off for a professional foul in the area, Neymar stepped up and fired the penalty past the Sporting keeper.
The second half was six minutes old when we took the lead as M.Khumalo fired a powerful effort into the top corner from outside the area after spotting the keeper just off his line. However straight from the kick off Sporting equalised as Rafael intercepted a sloppy ball and fired under M.ter Stegen. Soon after we had the chance to retake the lead with K.Mbappe trying his luck from outside the area but the Sporting keeper was on hand to block the effort. With nine minutes remaining in the game we were reduced to ten men after M.Khumalo was sent off for a second yellow card.

Sporting 2-2 Barcelona L.Henrique 26 pen, Rafael 52  / Neymar 36 pen, M.Khumalo 51

M.ter Stegen (capt), Q.Monnier, M.Djukic, J.Gimenez (H.Kurt), B.Mendy, Neymar (E.Ramirez), A.Piras, M.Khumalo, C.Theunis, K.Mbappe, K.Baise (J.Caicedo)

Booked: Neymar, J.Gimenez
Sent Off: M.Khumalo

Other Group E Result:
Manchester United 5-0 Maccabi Tel-Aviv

Monthly Review:
Spanish First Division: 1st 16pts (+1pt)
Spanish Cup: Not entered yet
Champions Cup: Group Stage

October 2027:
October 2nd:
Sevilla (H) (7/38)
A cracking start saw us taking the lead within five minutes as K.Baise ran into the area unmarked and headed a M.Khumalo cross past the keeper. Soon after we had another chance with K.Mbappe rattling the crossbar from just outside the area. We were in complete control and on the 33rd minute we grabbed a second goal with K.Baise firing in his second of the game. Four minutes later  we made it three nil as K.Baise completed his hat-trick with a rasping low shot which gave the keeper no chance of saving.
The second half was much the same as we pressed forward however unlike the first half we couldn't get past the Sevilla keeper, well not until the 81st minute as P.Dybala slotted in from close range after a great team move. With seven minutes remaining in the game Sevilla were reduced to ten men after H.Salah was sent off for a professional foul on K.Baise

Barcelona 4-0 Sevilla K.Baise 5, 33, 37, P.Dybala 81 

M.ter Stegen (capt), Q.Monnier, M.Djukic (H.Kurt), J.Gimenez, B.Mendy, C.Theunis, A.Piras, M.Khumalo (J.Caicedo), P.Dybala, K.Mbappe (E.Ramirez), K.Baise

Booked: A.Piras, C.Theunis

October 6th:
Some good news regarding injuries sees E.Carvalho back in full training after two months out with a torn hamstring

October 15th:
The draw for the Spanish Cup 4th Round sees us facing an away tie with Spanish Division Two side Zaragoza

October 16th:
Real Madrid (A) (8/38)
Five minutes into the game we managed to score as B.Mendy diverted a cross past M.ter Stegen for a comical own goal. On the 9th minute it was two nil with J.Brandt jinking through the defence with ease and fired under my keeper. We weren't at the races and on the 33rd minute B.Vincent  headed in from a free-kick.
The second half wasn't much better and twelve minutes into the half T.Mala made it four nil as they barged through my defence with real ease and fired under M.ter Stegen. Real Madrid were by far the better side and with a minute remaining in the game they grabbed a fifth with J.Carlos hitting home from outside the area.

Real Madrid 5-0 Barcelona B.Mendy 5 og, J.Brandt 9, B.Vincent 33, T.Mala 57, J.Carlos 89

M.ter Stegen (capt), Q.Monnier, M.Djukic (H.Kurt), J.Gimenez, B.Mendy, C.Theunis (D.Martinez), A.Piras, M.Khumalo, P.Dybala, K.Mbappe (E.Ramirez), K.Baise

Injury news sees C.Theunis out for around nine days after straining his thigh during the game

October 18th:
After the humiliation against Real Madrid the players came together and refunded the fans that had travelled to the Bernabeu, which has cost them in total around £90,000

October 19th:
Maccabi Tel-Aviv (H) Champions Cup Grp E (3/6)
After the debacle against Real Madrid we came out and started to play the way the fans want us too. On the 18th minute we took the lead with E.Carvalho rising above the defence and headed a Neymar corner into the top corner. We carried on the pressure and with ten minutes remaining in the half we added another goal with M.Djukic curling the ball in from outside the area.
The second half was all us and on the 69th minute we added another goal with J.Gimenez running onto an A.Piras through-ball and slotted in under the keeper. We were in complete control and on 84th minute we completed the rout with K.Mbappe tapping in from close range after the keeper spilt a K.Baise powerful shot.

Barcelona 4-0 Maccabi Tel-Aviv E.Carvalho 18, M.Djukic 35, J.Gimenez 69, K.Mbappe 84

M.ter Stegen (capt), Q.Monnier, M.Djukic, J.Gimenez, B.Mendy, E.Carvalho, A.Piras, K.Mbappe, P.Dybala, Neymar, K.Baise

Booked: J.Gimenez, M.Djukic

Other Group E Result:
Manchester United 4-0 Sporting

October 23rd:
Coruna (A) (9/38)
The game got off to a poor start for my side as we went a goal down in the 14th minute as J.Vincent Rubio slotted in from close range after my defence fell asleep. Straight from kick off we went a further goal down as J.Garcia intercepted the ball and fired with pace past M.ter Stegen. It was one way traffic and just after the half hour we went a further goal down as P.Nolaskoain jinked past my defence and fired under the keeper. We just weren't at the races. 
The second half started well for us though as nine minutes into the half we pulled a goal back as K.Mbappe headed in from a Neymar corner. On the 68th minute we pulled another goal back with E.Ramirez played a one two with Neymar and fired in under the keeper. Six minutes later we grabbed the equaliser as K.Mbappe fired in his second of the game. However we let ourselves down again as on the 88th minute Coruna won the game with a powerful strike from J.Vincent Rubio to give the home side all three points

Coruna 4-3 Barcelona J.Vincent Rubio 14, 88, J.Garcia 15, P.Nolaskoain 32 / K.Mbappe 54, 74, E.Ramirez 68

M.ter Stegen (capt), Q.Monnier, M.Djukic, J.Gimenez (H.Kurt), B.Mendy, E.Carvalho, A.Piras, K.Mbappe, P.Dybala (E.Ramirez), Neymar, K.Baise (J.Caicedo)

October 27th:
Real San Sebastian (H) (10/38)
The first half was six minutes old when we took the lead thanks to a K.Mbappe goal after he saw the keeper off his line. On the 13th minute it was two nil with a curling effort from K.Baise. It was too easy for us with some excellent play and on the stroke of half time we added a third goal with as P.Dybala fired in from the penalty spot after K.Mbappe was upended in the penalty spot.
The second half though was pretty dire for us as we failed to carry on from the first and on the 59th minute we conceded a sloppy goal after some poor defensive play. Real San Sebastian were all over us and with eleven minutes remaining in the game they made it 3-2 with a fine strike from L.Olaizola. Real San Sebastian piled on the pressure but luckily for us they failed to get through my defence

Barcelona 3-2 Real San Sebastian K.Mbappe 6, K.Baise 13, P.Dybala 45+1 pen / J.Maria Etxabe 59, L.Olaizola 79

M.ter Stegen (capt), Q.Monnier, M.Djukic (H.Kurt), J.Gimenez, B.Mendy, E.Carvalho, A.Piras, K.Mbappe, P.Dybala, Neymar, K.Baise

Booked: M.Djukic, K.Baise, Q.Monnier

October 30th:
Valladolid (H) (11/38)
Three minutes into the game we took the lead against Valladolid with P.Dybala heading in a B.Mendy cross. Soon after we had another chance with a powerful strike from Neymar which stung the keepers fingers. On the 25th minute we added another goal with K.Baise jinking through the defence and wasted no time in firing under the keeper. With six minutes remaining in the half we added yet another goal with J.Gimenez heading a K.Mbappe corner into the net. On the 43rd minute we scored again with A.Piras curling the ball past the keeper from just inside the area. Deep into injury time I was forced into a change as A.Piras picked up an injury and E.Ramirez came on in his place. After A.Piras was brought on though Valladolid pulled a goal back with A.Larrainzar scoring.
The second half was six minutes old when we added another goal with Neymar jinking through the defence with real ease and rounded the keeper to slot home into the empty net. We carried on the pressure and on the 76th minute we fired in the final goal as E.Ramirez showed some pace to beat the defence to a loose ball and lashed the ball in off the upright

Barcelona 6-1 Valladolid P.Dybala 3, K.Baise 25, J.Gimenez 39, A.Piras 43, Neymar 51, E.Ramirez 76 / A.Larrainzar 45+8

M.ter Stegen (capt), Q.Monnier, M.Djukic, J.Gimenez, B.Mendy, E.Carvalho, A.Piras (inj 45+3-E.Ramirez), K.Mbappe, P.Dybala, Neymar, K.Baise

Booked: J.Gimenez

Injury news sees A.Piras out for around five weeks after breaking his arm also K.Baise will be out for couple of days after bruising his ribs

Monthly Review:
Spanish First Division: 1st 25pts (Level on Pts)
Spanish Cup: 4th Rd v Zaragoza

November 2027:
November 3rd:
Maccabi Tel-Aviv (A) Champions Cup Grp E (4/6)
We started off very slowly and were a goal down within six minutes as I.Ezekiel made a mockery of my defence and fired under the body of M.ter Stegen. We didn't react well and on the 9th minute we went a further goal down with I.Ezekiel doing the honours again from just outside the area. We were being outplayed with ease and just after the half hour we had M.ter Stegen to thank after his brilliant save from the penalty spot denied I.Ezekiel his hat-trick.
The second half was four minutes old when we pulled a goal back as M.Khumalo jinked into the area and fired past the keeper. Straight from kick off we intercepted the ball and K.Baise ran onto a K.Mbappe through-ball and fired high into the top corner. We were starting to control the game and just after the hour we made it 3-2 with K.Baise grabbing his second of the game with a brave header from a B.Mendy cross. It was becoming too easy and on the 77th minute we added a fourth goal with Neymar jinking through the defence with real ease and slotted the ball under the keeper. A game of two halves.

Maccabi Tel-Aviv 2-4 Barcelona I.Ezekiel 6, 9 / M.Khumalo 49, K.Baise  50, 62, Neymar 77

M.ter Stegen (capt), Q.Monnier, M.Djukic, J.Gimenez, B.Mendy, E.Carvalho, K.Mbappe, M.Khumalo, P.Dybala, Neymar, K.Baise

Booked: J.Gimenez, Q.Monnier

After the game I was informed that J.Gimenez will be out for the next European game after picking up his third yellow card of the tournament

Other Group E Result:
Sporting 1-2 Man.Utd

• 2 months later...

November 6th:
Granada (A) (12/38)
We were by far the better side and dominated the game with ease and on the 14th minute we came close to scoring as Neymar showed some of his old skill to beat the defence but his final effort went well wide of the post. Ten minutes later we had another chance with B.Mendy curling in a cross but J.Caicedo failed to connect with the ball and it was cleared by the keeper. On the 34th minute we finally got the goal we deserved as M.Khumalo hit a thunderous effort into the top corner to give the keeper no chance of saving.
The second half was much the same as we battered the Granada side without breaking a sweat however we couldn't get past their keeper who was in inspired form. With six minutes remaining in the game though we finally got the killer goal as E.Carvalho headed a K.Mbappe cross into the back of the net to secure all three points.

Granada 0-2 Barcelona M.Khumalo 34, E.Carvalho 84

M.ter Stegen (capt), Q.Monnier, M.Djukic, J.Gimenez (H.Kurt), B.Mendy, E.Carvalho, K.Mbappe, M.Khumalo, P.Dybala (C.Theunis), Neymar, J.Caicedo (K.Baise)

November 15th:
I have been approached by chairman of A.C.Milan to take over as manager. I have been offered a three year contract worth £51,000 per week. I have refused the offer and decided to stay as manager of Barcelona

November 18th:
Some good injury news sees I.David back to full training following two months out with torn knee ligaments
Other news sees Neymar announcing his retirement at the end of the current season

November 20th:
Cordoba (H) (13/38)
The game was pretty tight in the first part with a lot of the play being centred in the middle third of the pitch. On the 24th minute they first real effort of the game saw us taking the lead as P.Dybala jinked through the defence with real ease and slotted in past the keeper. We carried on the pressure and just before the break we were awarded a penalty after Neymar was brought down in the area, J.Caicedo stepped up and fired the penalty towards goal but the Cordoba keeper saved well to deny them.
The second half was all us and on the 65th minute we added a second goal with B.Mendy curling in from outside the area after spotting the keeper off his line. We were in complete control and ten minutes later we were awarded another penalty as K.Baise was hauled down in the area, Neymar stepped up and fired past the keeper with ease to give us a third goal and all three points.

Barcelona 3-0 Cordoba P.Dybala 24, B.Mendy 65, Neymar 75 pen 

M.ter Stegen (capt), Q.Monnier, M.Djukic (H.Kurt), J.Gimenez, B.Mendy, E.Carvalho, K.Mbappe, M.Khumalo (C.Theunis), P.Dybala, Neymar, J.Caicedo (K.Baise)

November 23rd:
Manchester United (A) Champions Cup Grp E (5/6)
Two minutes into the game we went a goal down as K.Jardine beat the offside trap and fired under my keeper. On the 9th minute though we levelled the tie as H.Kurt headed in a K.Mbappe cross. However after our goal it went all tits up and five minutes later A.Kone slotted in past my keeper. We weren't getting near the ball as United dominated and on the 40th minute A.Kone grabbed his second goal of the game with a fine strike which gave my keeper no chance of saving. Straight from kick off a loose ball by M.Khumalo was intercepted and C.Yildrim hit home with power past the keeper.
The second half wasn't much better and nine minutes into the half C.Yildrim grabbed his second of the game and United's fifth. We were being routed and on the 70th minute they grabbed a sixth goal with A.Kone completing his hat-trick with a low shot which M.ter Stegen should have really saved. With a minute remaining in the game Untied were awarded a penalty after I.David fouled in the area, A.Kone stepped up but M.ter Stegen saved us from conceding a seventh goal. A total embarrassment 

Manchester United 6-1 Barcelona K.Jardine 2, A.Kone 14, 40, 70, C.Yildrim 41, 54 / H.Kurt 9

M.ter Stegen (capt), Q.Monnier (I.David), M.Djukic, H.Kurt, B.Mendy, E.Carvalho (C.Theunis), K.Mbappe, M.Khumalo, P.Dybala (E.Ramirez), Neymar, K.Baise

Booked: Q.Monnier

Other Group 9 Result: 
Sporting 5-0 Maccabi Tel-Aviv

November 28th:
A.Bilbao (A) (14/38)
A cracking start gave us the lead within two minutes as K.Baise ran through the defence with ease and slotted in under the A.Bilbao keeper. Soon after we had another chance with P.Dybala heading wide of the post from a M.Khumalo cross. On the 23rd minute we added goal number two with K.Mbappe doing the honours from twenty five yards after a great punt upfield by Q.Monnier. We were all over A.Bilbao and just before the break we came close again as E.Carvalho rattled the crossbar from well outside the area.
The start of the second half was much the same as the first as we piled on the pressure but on the 68th minute a poorly timed challenge by M.Djukic saw us concede a penalty which A.Villalibre wasted no time in firing in. The goal seemed to lift A.Bilbao and they started to control the game and with three minutes remaining in the game they levelled the scores as D.Imaz rose above the defence and headed a cross over M.ter Stegen and into the back of the net.

A.Bilbao 2-2 Barcelona A.Villalibre 68 pen, D.Imaz 87 / K.Baise 2, K.Mbappe 23

M.ter Stegen (capt), Q.Monnier, M.Djukic, H.Kurt, B.Mendy (I.David), E.Carvalho, K.Mbappe, M.Khumalo (C.Theunis), P.Dybala, Neymar, K.Baise (J.Caicedo)

Booked: Q.Monnier, I.David

Monthly Review:
Spanish First Division: 1st 32pts (+3pts)
Spanish Cup: 4th Rd v Zaragoza

December 2027:
December 1st:
Zaragoza (A) Spanish Cup 4th Rd 1st Leg
A poor start saw us a goal down within six minutes as F.Colell beat the offside trap and hit a low shot past the arms of M.Martin. Soon after they had another chance as they split my defence apart but luckily for us the strikers finish was as poor as the defending. On the 33rd minute we finally had our first chance of the game as E.Ramirez rose above the defence and headed a Neymar cross into the keepers arms. With five minutes remaining in the half we levelled the scores as A.Piras found himself free in the area and slotted a M.Khumalo cross past the keeper.
The second half was all my side and just after the hour we were awarded a penalty after P.Dybala was brought down in the area, Neymar stepped up and fired into the bottom left corner. We were all over Zaragoza now and deep into injury time we grabbed a third goal with Neymar curling the ball in from outside the area to give us a 3-1 advantage going into the second leg.

Zaragoza 1-3 Barcelona F.Colell 6 / A.Piras 40, Neymar 62 pen, 90+1

M.Martin, I.David, J.Gimenez, D.Martinez (H.Kurt), B.Mendy, A.Piras, C.Theunis, M.Khumalo, J.Caicedo (K.Mbappe), Neymar (capt), E.Ramirez (P.Dybala) 

December 4th:
Levante (A) (15/38)
We began well with some great forward possession and on the 18th minute we grabbed the lead as A.Piras jinked through the defence with ease and fired under the keeper. Soon after we had another chance with a long range effort from C.Theunis which stung the fingers of the Levante keeper. Levante weren't getting near the ball and just before the break we were awarded a penalty after E.Ramirez was brought down in the area, Neymar stepped and fired the penalty with pace towards goal but the keeper managed to tip it around the post.
The second half though saw my players drop down a gear or more as Levante piled on the pressure and on the 57th minute A.Catena headed in past M.Martin. Fifteen minutes later they had another chance with a thunderous effort shot which saw M.Martin at full stretch to save. I was going mad at the players and on the 88th minute Levante had yet another chance to score with a low effort which saw M.Martin again brilliantly saving us from a loss

Levante 1-1 Barcelona A.Catena 57 / A.Piras 18

M.Martin, I.David, J.Gimenez (H.Kurt), D.Martinez, B.Mendy, A.Piras, C.Theunis, M.Khumalo (K.Mbappe), J.Caicedo, Neymar (capt), E.Ramirez (P.Dybala)

December 8th:
Sporting (H) Champions Cup Grp E (6/6)
Our final group game got off to a dire start as on the 4th minute Sporting had taken the lead with a curling shot from outside the area which gave M.ter Stegen no chance of saving. Ten minutes later they had another chance to score with a powerful strike which saw my keeper at full stretch to save. We weren't playing well however on the half hour an error in defence by Sporting saw K.Baise sprinting onto a loose ball and wasted no time in firing under the keeper. 
The second half was three minutes old when we took the lead as A.Piras headed in a Neymar cross after the Sporting defence fell asleep. It was becoming too easy for us as we piled on the pressure and on the 76th minute we finally got the killer goal we deserved with J.Caicedo slotting in from a low cross. 

Barcelona 3-1 Sporting K.Baise 30, A.Piras 48, J.Caicedo 76 / C.Nunes 4

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, H.Kurt, J.Gimenez, B.Mendy (Q.Monnier), E.Carvalho, Neymar, M.Khumalo (C.Theunis), A.Piras, K.Mbappe (J.Caicedo), K.Baise

Injury news sees K.Mbappe out for around 9-12 days after twisting his knee during the game

Other Group E Result:
Maccabi Tel-Aviv 2-3 Man.Utd

With the win we have qualified for the First Knockout Round of the Champions Cup. The groups finished as follows:

Group E:
1st: Man.Utd 16pts (Qualified)
2nd: Barcelona 11pts (Qualified)
3rd: Sporting 7pts (Europa Cup)
4th: Maccabi Tel-Aviv 0pts 

December 12th:
Oviedo (H) (16/38)
We now faced Oviedo and made light work of them with an impressive display. On the 10th minute we opened the scoring as M.Khumalo ran from the halfway line and and unleashed a thunderbolt into the top corner. Three minutes later it was two nil with K.Baise rising above the defence and headed a C.Theunis cross past the keeper. We were in complete control and of the game but failed to add to our tally in the first half. 
The second half was eleven minutes old when we grabbed our next goal as M.Khumalo fired in from  outside the area for his second of the game. On the 64th minute we added goal number four as J.Caicedo ran into the area unmarked to half volley a B.Mendy cross past the keeper. It was far too easy for us and on the 75th minute we made it five goals to the good with P.Dybala firing in off the upright from just inside the area. A very impressive performance

Barcelona 5-0 Oviedo M.Khumalo 10, 56, K.Baise 13, J.Caicedo 64, P.Dybala 75

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, H.Kurt, J.Gimenez (M.Djukic), B.Mendy, E.Carvalho, C.Theunis, M.Khumalo, A.Piras, Neymar (J.Caicedo), K.Baise (P.Dybala)

December 13th:
The draw for the Champions Cup has taken place. We have not been seeded for the draw.
The draw is as follows:
AS Monaco (FRA) v A.C.Milan (ITA)
Arsenal (ENG) v Olympique Lyonnais (FRA)
INTER (ITA) v Man.City (ENG)
Juventus (ITA) v Man.Utd (ENG)
Napoli (ITA) v Chelsea (ENG)
Real Madrid (ESP) v Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)
Club Brugge (BEL) v Bayern (GER)
Barcelona (ESP) v SLB (POR)

December 15th:
Zaragoza (H) Spanish Cup 4th Rd 2nd Leg (agg 3-1)
Despite being 3-1 up from the previous leg I told my players not to presume the tie is over. My players must've listened as we piled on the pressure from the start and on the 18th minute we were awarded a penalty after Neymar was brought down in the area, P.Dybala stepped up and fired with pace past the diving keeper. We carried on the pressure but failed to add to our tally in the first half.
The second half was eight minutes old when we added goal number two as P.Dybala rose above the defence and headed a M.Khumalo cross past the keeper. We were in complete control and on the 66th minute we added a third with J.Caicedo running in from the wing and wasting no time in firing under the onrushing keeper. It was far too easy but with two minutes remaining in the game we conceded a silly goal as I.Elena hit home from close range

Barcelona 3-1 Zaragoza P.Dybala 18 pen, 53, J.Caicedo 66 / I.Elena 88

M.Martin, Q.Monnier, D.Martinez (H.Kurt), M.Djukic, B.Mendy, E.Carvalho, A.Nieblas (E.Ramirez), M.Khumalo (J.Caicedo), A.Piras, Neymar (capt), P.Dybala

We have qualified for the fifth round of the Spanish Cup with a 6-2 aggregate victory. Our opponent in the fifth round will be Valencia. The first leg will be played at Camp Nou in January

December 18th:
Atletico Pampiona (H) (17/38)
Nine minutes into the game we grabbed the lead as J.Caicedo ran through the defence with ease and fired under the keeper. On the 12th minute it was two nil with a long range effort from E.Carvalho which gave the keeper no chance of saving. Six minutes later we grabbed goal number three as J.Caicedo slotted in from close range for his second of the game. The rest of the half saw us keeping possession without breaking a sweat.
The second half was a lot quieter with not a lot of action apart from on the 71st minute when we scored our fourth goal with M.Khumalo running through the defence with real ease and wasted no time in firing past the keeper

Barcelona 4-0 Atletico Pampiona J.Caicedo 9, 18, E.Carvalho 12, M.Khumalo 71

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, H.Kurt, J.Gimenez, B.Mendy (Q.Monnier), E.Carvalho, C.Theunis (E.Ramirez), M.Khumalo, A.Piras, Neymar (P.Dybala), J.Caicedo

December 31st:
Two players of my side have made the World Team of the Year with Neymar and P.Dybala making the cut.
M.Khumalo has been named as the European Golden Boy

Monthly Review:
Spanish First Division: 1st 39pts (+4pts)
Spanish Cup: 5th Rd v Valencia
Champions Cup: 1st Knockout Rd v SLB

January 2028:
January 2nd:
Real Hispalis (A) (18/38)
Not a great game for the fans with not much action to speak of. The first half only saw only one piece of action as a poor clearance by the Hispalis keeper saw A.Piras hit the ball back over his head and into the back of the net.
The second half was a minute old when Hispalis equalised with a low shot which M.ter Stegen should have really saved. However the rest of the half was just dire and the game ended and the look on the fans face said it all.

Real Hispalis 1-1 Barcelona J.Bermudez 46 / A.Piras 25

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, M.Djukic, H.Kurt, D.Lopez, E.Carvalho, A.Nieblas (C.Theunis), K.Mbappe, A.Piras, Neymar (P.Dybala), J.Caicedo (K.Baise)

January 5th:
Valencia (H) Spanish Cup 5th Rd 1st Leg
We didn't get off to a great start as on the 11th minute M.Sangare jinked into the area and fired under the body of M.ter Stegen. However we reacted well and on the 26th minute we levelled the scores with Neymar running onto a K.Mbappe through-ball and dinked the ball over the onrushing keeper. Just before the break we had another chance with a low shot from J.Caicedo which was brilliantly saved by the Valencia keeper.
The second half was all my side and six minutes into the half we grabbed another goal with K.Mbappe headed in a C.Theunis cross. On the 55th minute K.Mbappe scored again with a powerful strike from twenty five yards which gave the keeper no chance of saving. It was becoming far too easy for us and twelve minutes later we added goal number four with E.Carvalho rising above the defence and wasted no time in heading a K.Mbappe cross past the keeper. Valencia weren't getting close to the ball and on the stroke of full time we made it 5-1 with K.Baise sprinting through the defence to fire with power past the keeper.

Barcelona 5-1 Valencia Neymar 26, K.Mbappe 51, 55, E.Carvalho 67, K.Baise 90 / M.Sangare 11

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, M.Djukic (J.Gimenez), H.Kurt, D.Lopez, E.Carvalho, A.Nieblas (C.Theunis), K.Mbappe, A.Piras, Neymar (K.Baise), J.Caicedo

Booked: D.Lopez, I.David

January 9th:
Villarreal (A) (19/38)
We got off to a great start as within four minutes we had taken the lead as Neymar ran through the defence with ease and fired past the keeper. However that was about as good as it got as on the 22nd minute Villarreal had equalised with A.Hunt curling into the top corner after seeing M.ter Stegen wandering off his line. It wasn't too long till Villarreal had another chance with a powerful strike which saw M.ter Stegen at full stretch to save.
The second half was all Villarreal and the 69th minute they grabbed the lead with a low shot from M.Jesus which my keeper was far too slow to react too. They carried on the pressure and on the stroke of full time they had the chance to grab a third goal with a curling shot that was diverted wide by M.Djukic.

Villarreal 2-1 Barcelona A.Hunt 22, M.Jesus 69 / Neymar 4

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, M.Djukic, H.Kurt (J.Gimenez), D.Lopez, E.Carvalho (C.Theunis), A.Nieblas, K.Mbappe (K.Baise), A.Piras, Neymar, J.Caicedo

Booked: A.Nieblas

Rien102 - It was but with how this side have been playing it wasn't a surprise
January 12th:
Valencia (A) Spanish Cup 5th Rd 2nd Leg (agg 5-1)
We started well and on the 5th minute E.Carvalho hit a well struck effort into the top corner to silence the Valencia crowd. Soon after we had another chance to score with Neymar barging into the area but his final effort was pretty dire and went wide of the post. We were in complete control and just before the break A.Piras came close to adding our second with a long range effort which stung the fingers of the Valencian keeper.
The second half though saw my players relaxing too much and Valencia started to pile on the pressure however there attack wasn't good enough to get past my defence but on the 74th minute R.Pedro headed in to level the scores but we had done enough in the first leg to progress.

Valencia 1-1 Barcelona R.Pedro 74 / E.Carvalho 5

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, M.Djukic, H.Kurt, D.Lopez (B.Mendy), E.Carvalho, A.Nieblas, K.Mbappe (C.Theunis), A.Piras, Neymar, J.Caicedo (P.Dybala)

Booked: M.Djukic, H.Kurt

We have qualified for the ¼ Finals of the Spanish Cup after a 6-2 aggregate win. We will be facing Levante in the ¼ Finals where the first leg will be played at Camp Nou

January 16th:
Malaga (A) (20/38)
The first half was a disaster for my side as we never started and on the 18th minute Malaga took the lead with a low shot by F.Escudero which gave M.ter Stegen no chance of saving. It got even worse as eleven minutes later the same player doubled the lead with a thunderous effort from outside the area. We weren't getting close to the ball and just before the break we had the assistant referee to thank after a goal was ruled out for offside.
The second half was again all Malaga but luckily for us they were struggling to get through my stubborn defence and with a minute remaining in the game we pulled a goal back as M.Djukic slotted in from six yards however it was more than we deserved. A real dire showing

Malaga 2-1 Barcelona F.Escudero 18, 29 / M.Djukic 89

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, M.Djukic, H.Kurt, D.Lopez, E.Carvalho (J.Gimenez, A.Nieblas, K.Mbappe (P.Dybala), A.Piras, Neymar, E.Ramirez (K.Baise)

Booked: A.Nieblas

January 19th:
Levante (H) Spanish Cup ¼ Final 1st Leg
After the extra training following the Malaga game my players decided they wanted a day off tomorrow and played brilliantly against Levante. Six minutes into the game we took the lead as Neymar ran through the defence and onto a M.Khumalo through-ball to fire under the keeper. On the the 15th minute we added another goal with K.Baise rose above the defence to head a M.Khumalo cross. It was far too easy for us however with five minutes remaining in the half a poor clearance by H.Kurt was intercepted and A.Munoz pulled a goal back.
The second half was all my side though and on the 69th minute we regained our two goal lead as K.Baise headed in from close range. With twelve minutes remaining we added goal number four as K.Baise completed his hat-trick with a fine strike from ten yards. I very impressive performance

Barcelona 4-1 Levante Neymar 6, K.Baise 15, 69, 78 / A.Munoz 40

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, M.Djukic, H.Kurt (J.Gimenez), D.Lopez, E.Carvalho, K.Mbappe (C.Theunis), M.Khumalo, A.Piras, Neymar (P.Dybala), K.Baise

Booked: D.Lopez

After the game I was informed that D.Lopez will miss the next Spanish Cup game after picking up a second yellow card in the tournament

January 22nd:
A.Madrid (A) (21/38)
The game just didn't go for us as we failed to turn up for the majority of it. On the 17th minute we grabbed the lead with H.Godinho beat the offside trap and fired under the onrushing M.ter Stegen. Eight minutes later we were two goals down with A.Penaranda running through the defence with far too much ease and fired under my keeper. It was too easy for Madrid however on the 36th minute we pulled a goal back as Neymar hit a powerful strike towards goal and the Madrid keeper fluffed it into the back of the net.
The second half was all Madrid but luckily for us they managed to only score the once as A.Lombardo rose above the defence and headed a cross over M.ter Stegen who was far too slow to react. The rest of the half was a midfield battle which saw no more efforts on goal.

A.Madrid 3-1 Barcelona H.Godinho 17, A.Penaranda 25, A.Lombardo 58 / Neymar 36

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David (B.Mendy), M.Djukic, H.Kurt, D.Lopez (J.Gimenez), Neymar, E.Carvalho, M.Khumalo, A.Piras, K.Mbappe, K.Baise (P.Dybala)

After the game I was informed that K.Baise will be out for a few days after receiving a gashed head during the loss to A.Madrid

January 26th:
Levante (A) Spanish Cup ¼ Final 2nd Leg (agg 4-1)
Five minutes into the game we grabbed the lead as M.Khumalo rose above the defence and headed a K.Mbappe cross past the keeper and into the back of the net. We were starting to control the game and on the 22nd minute Neymar made it two nil with a powerful strike which gave the keeper no chance of saving. Levante weren't getting close to the ball and on the stroke of half time we made it three nil with K.Mbappe jinking through the defence and slotting in under the keeper.
The second half was again all us however it was Levante who scored first as A.Munoz dinked the ball over M.ter Stegen from outside the area. On the 78th minute though we regained our three goal advantage with J.Caicedo doing the honours from close range after the Levante keeper flapped at a cross.

Levante 1-4 Barcelona A.Munoz 72 / M.Khumalo 5, Neymar 22, K.Mbappe 45+1, J.Caicedo 78

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, J.Gimenez, H.Kurt, B.Mendy, Neymar, E.Carvalho, M.Khumalo (E.Ramirez), A.Piras, K.Mbappe (C.Theunis), P.Dybala (J.Caicedo)

We have qualified for the Spanish Cup Semi Final with an 8-2 aggregate victory. We will be facing A.Madrid in the Spanish Cup Semi Finals where we will be again playing the first leg at home

I know what you mean Rien, we are very consistant at being inconsistant

January 29th:
Getafe (H) (22/38)
We were by far the better side as expected against Getafe however it took us till the 23rd minute to have our first chance as K.Mbappe fired with pace past the keeper to send the Camp Nou wild. Twelve minutes later we were a further goal up as P.Dybala barged into the area and slotted into the net from a M.Khumalo low cross.
The second half was all my side but this time we struggled to break down a stubborn back ten. We tried and tried and with five minutes remaining in the game as finally got the chance to add a third goal as K.Mbappe was brought down in the area, he stepped up and fired with pace past the Getafe keeper to give us a 3-0 win.

Barcelona 3-0 Getafe K.Mbappe 23, 85 pen, P.Dybala 35

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David (Q.Monnier), J.Gimenez, H.Kurt, B.Mendy, Neymar (C.Theunis), E.Carvalho, M.Khumalo, A.Piras, K.Mbappe, P.Dybala (J.Caicedo)

Monthly Review:
Spanish First Division: 3rd 43pts (-4pts)
Spanish Cup: Semi Final v A.Madrid
Champions Cup: 1st Knockout Rd v SLB

February 2028:
February 2nd:
A.Madrid (H) Spanish Cup Semi Final 1st Leg
A good start saw us taking the lead against A.Madrid as M.Khumalo ran through the defence with real ease and fired with power past the keeper. Fifteen minutes later we were two goals to the good with P.Dybala running into the area unmarked and firing an A.Piras cross low past the keeper. We were in complete control and only a referee decision stopped us adding a third when K.Mbappe was adjudged to be offside.
The second half was again all my side as Madrid came nowhere near the ball and on the hour we grabbed a third goal with P.Dybala jinking through the defence with real ease and fired past the keeper. Despite our constant pressure we only managed one more shot on target when P.Dybala fluffed the chance for his hat-trick from close range.

Barcelona 3-0 A.Madrid M.Khumalo 12, P.Dybala 27, 60

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, J.Gimenez, H.Kurt (M.Djukic), B.Mendy, Neymar, E.Carvalho (C.Theunis), M.Khumalo, A.Piras, K.Mbappe (E.Ramirez), P.Dybala

Booked: J.Gimenez 

February 6th:
Vigo (H) (23/38)
In truth a real dire game for the fans that came to watch with not a single effort on goal within the first forty five minutes.
The second half wasn't much better with little in the way of action however on the 74th minute the only goal was scored as R.Torres ran through my defence with ease and gave Vigo all three points with a fine shot. Much to the anger of the Camp Nou. A poor poor game 

Barcelona 0-1 Vigo R.Torres 74

M.ter Stegen (capt), I.David, J.Gimenez, H.Kurt (M.Djukic), B.Mendy, Neymar, E.Carvalho (C.Theunis), M.Khumalo, A.Piras, K.Mbappe, P.Dybala (J.Caicedo)

Booked: E.Carvalho, H.Kurt