Background changes (press, changing room etc)

TinFM

Hey,

I really don't like the CGI style backgrounds in FM this year, the changing room (in game and on the main menu), chairs in the press conference etc. I've searched around and can't seem to find anything, does anyone know how these can be replaced?

Looks like they are set in the client object browser xml file found in the panels\client_object folder which you'll need to extract from the skins fmf file. (then found inside the fm skin) and then place in the same folder for the skin you are using (if you are using the default skins you'll need to download and switch to the base skin).

In that file locate and delete this section of code:

<!-- press conference - covers entire screen -->
  <widget class="environment" id="prCN" room_type="press_conference_room" >
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<attachment class="test_multiple_globals_attachment" default_value="false">
      <list id="get_properties">
        <record get_property="section" test_mode="0" value="PprC" skip_if_null="false"/>
      </list>
      <integer id="set_property" value="Shwn"/>
    </attachment>
  </widget>

<!-- dressing room scene - covers entire screen -->
  <widget class="environment" id="chCN">
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<record get_property="section" test_mode="0" value="htmt" skip_if_null="false"/>
        <record get_property="section" test_mode="0" comparison_mode="1" value="atmt" skip_if_null="true" />
      </list>
    </attachment>
  </widget>

Though for the Dressing Room you might want to put this code into the file so you have a background:

<!-- dressing room scene - covers entire screen -->
  <widget class="picture" file="backgrounds/dressing room" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="false">
        <record get_property="sect" test_mode="0" value="htmt" skip_if_null="false"/>
        <record get_property="sect" test_mode="0" comparison_mode="1" value="atmt" skip_if_null="true" />
      </list>
    </attachment>
  </widget>

Yeah

9 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Have a look at this thread, though the manager stuff on the start page tends to get generated by the game code rather than the xml files so it might not be possible to remove without breaking other stuff, and not sure if the cheat of laying a background over it will still work:

Yeah I'd read through that before posting, unfortunately they don't seem to work :/

*EDIT* 

Scratch that, moved the code around and got it working! Placed it after:

<container class="add_manager_panel" id="adMP" file="none" manager_appearance_side="left">
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />

<container id="CHWc">
            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />
        </container>

For anyone stumbling across this, I can't view the manager when I click "Edit Manager Appearance" anymore but that really doesn't bother me.

image.thumb.png.5f878354981780d3fcefae59e0c6808d.png

On 06.11.2018 at 13:02, TinFM said:

Yeah

Yeah I'd read through that before posting, unfortunately they don't seem to work :/

*EDIT* 

Scratch that, moved the code around and got it working! Placed it after:

<container class="add_manager_panel" id="adMP" file="none" manager_appearance_side="left">

<container id="CHWc">
            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />
        </container>

For anyone stumbling across this, I can't view the manager when I click "Edit Manager Appearance" anymore but that really doesn't bother me.

image.thumb.png.5f878354981780d3fcefae59e0c6808d.png

Could you please write step by step how will we do it?

On 13/11/2018 at 15:04, Erhan said:

Could you please write step by step how will we do it?

I'd suggest reading the links @michaeltmurrayuk posted around the files first. Then once you understand that, I opened the "intro panel.xml" file, and found the following section:

<container id="CHWc">
        </container>

Underneath that code, I posted the following:

<!-- Overlay over the top of manager BG -->
          <widget class="picture" id="bkg1" file="main menu/background" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="false">
            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="-200" />

</widget>

Then, in the "graphics" folder in the skin you're working on, create a folder called "main menu". In there place a file called "background". If you want to you can change the folder/file name, just change the above code (file="main menu/background") to reflect that.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived