FM19 - Part of the Furniture (Taking Torquay to the Top)

coady

Welcome to the start of my new FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! In this episode, it's our first day at the club. Check it out below:-

If you enjoyed this episode, LIKE the video & SUBSCRIBE to the channel for daily FM19 content. New episodes of FM19 Part of the Furniture, on Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday, with new content from my other FM19 story, The Head Coach on Monday, Wednesday & Saturday at 4.30pm.

Thanks for watching!

Edited by coady

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Season 1 Episode 2 of my long term FM19 story, Part of the Furniture, is now available. In this episode, we manage our first competitive game in this one club challenge & I also manage to channel my inner Chris Kamara when it comes to observational skills! We also plan our tactical set up for the season ahead. Check it out below:-

If you enjoyed this episode, please add a thumbs up to the video & SUBSCRIBE to the channel for daily FM19 content. New episodes of FM19 Part of the Furniture, on Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday at 4.30pm.

Thanks for watching as always!

Edited by coady

Welcome to Season1 Episode 3 of my new FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! Today, we take charge of another big league match against Woking & take a look at training mentoring groups. Check it out below:-

If you enjoyed this episode, LIKE the video & SUBSCRIBE to the channel for daily FM19 content. New episodes of FM19 The Head Coach on Monday, Wednesday & Saturday at 4.30pm, with new content from my other FM19 story, Part of the Furniture, on Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday.

A massive thanks for watching as always!

Just a big thanks to everyone that's been following this brand new series on my channel for FM19. I'm amazed it's passed 500 views in just 3 episodes. Join me back tomorrow at 4.30pm for episode 4 from this story. In the meantime, the daily FM19 content continues on my YouTube channel, Load FM!, with a new video from my other long term FM19 story, The Head Coach.  

Welcome to Season1 Episode 4 of my new FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! Today, we play two massive top of the table clashes, against Billericay & Dartford.

If you enjoyed this episode, LIKE the video & SUBSCRIBE to the channel for daily FM19 content. New episodes of FM19 The Head Coach on Monday, Wednesday & Saturday at 4.30pm, with new content from my other FM19 story, Part of the Furniture, on Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday.

Thanks for watching!

Welcome to Season 1 Episode 5 of my new FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! Today we start 2019 with an away game against Truro City, at home!

Thanks for watching!

Welcome to Season1 Episode 6 of my new FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status!

In this episode, it's a home double header across two competitions, as we're able to test ourselves against National League opposition for the first time!

Thanks for watching!

Welcome to Season 1 Episode 7 of my new FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status!

In this episode, we play second place Billericay in a massive game in the title race. We also face play-off chasing Dartford.

Thanks for watching!

Welcome to Season 1 Episode 8 of my new FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! Today we celebrate promotion with a trip to St Albans City & start planning for the National League next season!

Thanks for watching!

Welcome to Season 2 Episode 1 of my FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! In this episode, we take a detailed look at our summer transfers & play our first game in the National League against Aldershot.

If you enjoyed this episode, LIKE the video & SUBSCRIBE to the channel for daily FM19 content. New episodes of FM19 The Head Coach on Monday, Wednesday & Saturday at 4.30pm, with new content from my other FM19 story, Part of the Furniture, on Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday. :thup:

Thanks for watching!

14 hours ago, coady said:

Welcome to Season 2 Episode 1 of my FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! In this episode, we take a detailed look at our summer transfers & play our first game in the National League against Aldershot.

Wonderful, my favourite of this series so far. Your enthusiasm really adds to the atmosphere :thup:

3 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Wonderful, my favourite of this series so far. Your enthusiasm really adds to the atmosphere :thup:

Thanks, I always love the summer transfer window (it's my favourite episode to make). It's that one episode at the start of the season before you see it go wrong on the pitch!

Welcome to Season 2 Episode 2 of my FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! 

In this episode, we continue to settle into the National League season with a big double header against Chesterfield & stars of my FM18 Head Coach Story, Dover Athletic.

A massive thanks for watching as always!

A big thanks to everyone that's followed this new series. We're now in to Season 2 and as someone that's new to this, I'm amazed to have nearly 4,000 views on this story already & nearly 10,000 between the two stories providing my daily FM19 content.

If you haven't seen any of the series yet, click the episode links in the above post or head over to my YouTube channel to catch up. :thup:

Thanks for watching!

Welcome to Season 2 Episode 3 of my FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! 

Today we play a big double header across two competitions. Firstly, we face fellow playoff chasers Hartlepool, before playing National League leaders Forest Green in the FA Cup First Round.

Thanks for watching!

Welcome to Season 2 Episode 4 of my FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! Today we play League 1 Peterborough in the FA Cup, before facing National League leaders Forest Green in a massive double header!

Thanks for watching!

Welcome to Season 2 Episode 5 of my FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! Today we continue our amazing FA Cup run with a massive day out away at Huddersfield!

Thanks for watching!

Following a focus on our amazing FA Cup run in the last 3 episodes, we turn our attention back to National League action in Sunday's video.

I hope you'll join me as we begin our high pressure run in to the season away at bogey side Bromley. Will it be another title, the playoffs or mediocrity come the end of the campaign? 

Catch up with the story so far using the episode links in the above posts.

Thanks to everyone that's given either of my FM19 stories a try!

Welcome to Season 2 Episode 6 of my FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! Today our board have sold a star player behind my back, and we begin our run in to the National League season against Bromley FC.

If you enjoyed this episode, LIKE the video & SUBSCRIBE to the channel for daily FM19 content. New episodes of FM19 The Head Coach on Monday, Wednesday & Saturday at 4.30pm, with new content from my other FM19 story, Part of the Furniture, on Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday. We'll also have a new video from FIFA 19 Career Mode every Friday!

Thanks for watching!

Welcome to Season 2 Episode 7 of my FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! We've made it to the playoffs & today we face Barnet at home in the First Round. Will we reach the semi final or finish the season with defeat?

If you enjoyed this episode, LIKE the video & SUBSCRIBE to the channel for daily FM19 content. New episodes of FM19 The Head Coach on Monday, Wednesday & Saturday at 4.30pm, with new content from my other FM19 story, Part of the Furniture, on Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday. There's also a brand new FIFA 19 Career Mode video every Friday!

Thanks for watching!

Maidstone did gain automatic promotion to the old 4th Division in 1989, I remember it. They'd overspent and lost their ground and were in a mess for 2 or 3 years before being the last football league club to go bankrupt and cease to exist. Obviously, they managed to reform and ascend the pyramid.

Welcome to Season 2 Episode 8 of my FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! We've made it to the playoff semi final & today we face Wrexham for a place in the final at Wembley!

Thanks for watching!

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

Maidstone did gain automatic promotion to the old 4th Division in 1989, I remember it. They'd overspent and lost their ground and were in a mess for 2 or 3 years before being the last football league club to go bankrupt and cease to exist. Obviously, they managed to reform and ascend the pyramid.

I knew they'd reformed but I'll use the excuse it was before my time! :lol: Unfortunately, as a Luton fan, I spent most of my teenage years watching the implications of financial mismanagement, administration & point deductions. On the positive side, at least all the relegations made the season tickets cheap!

7 hours ago, coady said:

I knew they'd reformed but I'll use the excuse it was before my time! :lol: Unfortunately, as a Luton fan, I spent most of my teenage years watching the implications of financial mismanagement, administration & point deductions. On the positive side, at least all the relegations made the season tickets cheap!

I'll show my age by saying I'll always associate Luton Town with Eric Morecambe. Just like as a Colchester supporter in my school days, I was used to seeing a weirdly bespectacled chairman sitting in the Watford dugout in Division 4.

We're back today at 4.30pm for the biggest episode of this series so far! I hope you'll join me for it as I'm very excited about this one. 

If you haven't seen any of the series so far, you can catch up using the episode links above, or view the FM19 - Part of the Furniture playlist by clicking here.

A massive thanks to everyone that's tried either of my stories so far. As someone that's very new to this, I did not expect the two series to amass almost 20,000 views in a month. It's greatly appreciated!

Welcome to Season 2 Episode 9 of my FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! We're in the National league playoff final at Wembley and face Forest Green Rovers for a place in the Football League!

If you enjoyed this episode, LIKE the video & SUBSCRIBE to the channel for daily FM19 content. New episodes of FM19 The Head Coach on Monday, Wednesday & Saturday at 4.30pm, with new content from my other FM19 story, Part of the Furniture, on Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday. There's also a new video from FIFA 19 Career Mode every Friday.

Thanks for watching!

It's the start of a new season today in my FM19 story, part of the Furniture. Episode 1 of each season is always my favourite, with fresh optimism & hope for a new season. The belief given by new signings, the clear thinking after a summer break & the desire to outclass board & fan expectation. Make sure you check out the previous episode before 4.30pm today, so you know which league we'll be competing in this season. :thup:

A massive thanks for watching and I hope you'll join me this evening for the start of Season 3. :onmehead:

Welcome to Season 3 Episode 1 of my FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! In this episode, we take a detailed look at our summer transfers & play our first game back in the football league against Stevenage. Will we be able to cope in the EFL? 

Thanks for watching!

Welcome to Season 3 Episode 2 of my FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! In this episode, we take you through our panicked thoughts on transfer deadline day, before facing Ipswich in the Checkatrade trophy.

A big thanks for watching as always!

After a frustrating summer transfer window and a deadline day of panic signings, off the pitch distractions continue with Torquay United in tomorrow's episode with a board takeover in progress. Join me to see both how that one pans out and how we've adapted on the pitch in the new season.

A massive thanks for watching as always, it's greatly appreciated! :thup:

Edited by coady

Welcome to Season 3 Episode 3 of my FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! 

In this episode, there's the looming issue of a board takeover in progress. We also play two big games on the pitch. First against Bournemouth in the Checkatrade Trophy, before facing our FIFA 19 side, Crewe Alexandra.

If you enjoyed this episode, LIKE the video & SUBSCRIBE to the channel for daily FM19 content. New episodes of FM19 The Head Coach on Monday, Wednesday & Saturday at 4.30pm, with new content from my other FM19 story, Part of the Furniture, on Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday. There's also a new video from FIFA 19 Career Mode with Crewe Alexandra every Friday.

Thanks for watching!

Welcome to Season 3 Episode 4 of my FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! In this episode, we face Portsmouth in a tough FA Cup tie, before facing Morecambe in a relegation six pointer!

If you enjoyed this episode, LIKE the video & SUBSCRIBE to the channel for daily FM19 content. New episodes of FM19 The Head Coach on Monday, Wednesday & Saturday at 4.30pm, with new content from my other FM19 story, Part of the Furniture, on Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday. There's also a new video from FIFA 19 Career Mode every Friday!

Thanks for watching!

Welcome to Season 3 Episode 5 of my FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! In this episode, we talk January transfer window activity & play a big Checkatrade Trophy tie against Arsenal... U23's!

If you enjoyed this episode, LIKE the video & SUBSCRIBE to the channel for daily FM19 content. New episodes of FM19 The Head Coach on Monday, Wednesday & Saturday at 4.30pm, with new content from my other FM19 story, Part of the Furniture, on Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday. There's also a new video from FIFA 19 Career Mode every Friday.

Thanks for watching!

The next episode of this one club story with Torquay United on Sunday is my favourite of the series so far. The reason... our first ever youth intake! Following a frustrating few sales by our board, selling on one of our best players in each of these past two years against our will, we finally have our reward.

It will likely be underwhelming! We have the worst possible youth recruitment & coaching, in addition to pretty poor youth facilities. But the optimism of youth intake day is always exciting for the manager and after 3 seasons we'll finally experience it!

Edited by coady

Welcome to Season 3 Episode 6 of my FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! In our favourite episode of the series so far, we face rivals Plymouth Argyle before our first ever youth intake at Torquay United!

A massive thanks for watching as always, it's greatly appreciated!

9 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Ouch! I'd be gutted to lose such a promising player. As a teacher myself, I would not have fancied being the form tutor of that surly bunch of academy kids. With personalities like that, you need to have a word with your HoYD!

We're getting used to losing them now, unfortunately. The three transfers have single-handedly paid for our youth recruitment though (that's what I keep telling myself to calm the frustration anyway).

Haha, I've had a great chat with our HoYD, largely to inform him that I'll be replacing him in the summer with someone a little more professional (should we get a good one from the job advert).

Welcome to Season 3 Episode 7 of my FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! There's just two league games remaining & today we could wrap up a playoff place with a win at home to struggling Morecambe.

Thanks for watching!

7 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

AFC Wimbledon are fading and Newport play Salford who MUST get something out of their game to survive, while you're against a team with nothing to play for. I think there's every chance you'll sneak third place!

So do I, which is unfortunate because it wouldn't be a good thing for the club. If I wasn't playing as realistically I'd throw the game, but we have to do our best. I just hope Newport or Wimbledon bail us out, as this would definitely be a year too soon!

Welcome to Season 3 Episode 8 of my FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! It's the final day of the season and we're still in with an outside chance of automatic promotion. Can we pull off the ultimate shock?

A big thanks for watching as always!

There's another massive episode from this series tomorrow, as there are two more huge games from this story with Torquay United.

Catch up with the latest episode above to find out if it's a two legged League 2 playoff tie, or if we'll be making our bow in League 1?

A massive thanks for watching and following the series as always, I'm having a great time making it!

10 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Love last-day shenanigans, and the way you get so excited trying to juggle your game with other matches is wonderfully entertaining.

Haha thanks. It's quite rare (certainly in my recent saves) to get a last day like that, where four fixtures decide two automatic promotion places, the last playoff place and both relegation spots. I was surprised just how much I enjoyed watching it all unfold! One of my favourites so far by a long way :thup:

Edited by coady

Welcome to Season 3 Episode 9 of my FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! It's playoff semi final time today, as we face heavy favourites Northampton for a place in the final at Wembley.

Thanks for watching!

Welcome to Season 4 Episode 1 of my FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! In this extended episode, we take a detailed look at our summer transfers & play our first game of the season against Crawley Town FC.

A big thanks for watching, it's much appreciated!

Welcome to Season 4 Episode 2 of my FM19 story, Part of the Furniture. In this one club challenge, I attempt to take Torquay United from the lowest playable division in non league to legendary status! We're back on track today following a disappointing result in the last episode, as we visit local rivals Plymouth Argyle.

If you enjoyed this episode, LIKE the video & SUBSCRIBE to the channel for daily FM19 content. New episodes of FM19 The Head Coach on Monday, Wednesday & Saturday at 4.30pm, with new content from my other FM19 story, Part of the Furniture, on Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday at the same time. There's also a new video from FIFA 19 Career Mode every Friday. 

Thanks for watching!

There's a slightly different focus in Sunday's episode of our FM19 story with Torquay. Thanks to a game against Chelsea U23's (featuring a few familiar 'over 23' names!) in the once great trophy the EFL ruined, I've got the opportunity to tie it in with an overview of youth development at the club. I'll be showing you how I emphasise the importance of player progression through individual training & mentoring, to maximise improvement & potential sell-on profit for the club!

I hope it's something that people will find interesting (if not we'll have a live commentary from the Chelsea game at the end as always). It'll be the last episode for 7 days due to Christmas commitments, so hopefully it'll be enjoyable! :thup: