Some questions about personalities/tutoring

sacchi

My squad is not blessed with many great personalities, I have one Model Professional, one Resolute and one Professional player.

However, I also have 3 senior players who are Fairly Pro with a Determination of 14. Regarding those personality guides these players are 1 Determination point away from being Resolute. Am I right thinking that they have a decent personality after all?

In my youth team I have 5 guys who are Fairly Determined. One with Det17, the others Det15. I think tutoring the 4 Det15 guys with my Fairly Pro Det14 senior players is perfectly fine even is they lose 1 Det point, isn't it? (If they fall out of the Fairly Determined description possibly I will even know more about their personalities.)

What to do with Ambitious 16-17 year olds? Is that personality type ok for developing nicely? (I think they are not in urgent need of tutoring as long as they are happy with their training schedules.)

I have a 20 yo player who is Fairly Determined with Det16 and looks completely developed, many attributes with 18-19-20, has the possibility to become my best player. Given he's developed quickly he must have decent professionalism also. I'm thinking about giving him a go with my Model Pro (he is also Det17), not because of his own development but with the hope of turning him into a great tutor.

Finally, one case where I'm completely lost: I have a new CD signing, just turned 21, had the wonderkid description before, Fairly Determined, Det17, attributes not through the roof but very good, and he is playing amazing (altough not starting all the games yet). Problem is he's unhappy with his training schedule. Now what? If I tutor him with a less determined but more professional player there is no time to pull his Det back up. I think I leave him as he is, and poor guy must live with being unhappy with training...

1 hour ago, MrPompey said:

Hi,

I would recommend you have a read through this:

https://www.guidetofm.com/squad/tutoring

Got to love how sites like that blatantly rip off things contributors have been writing about for years on these forums (and their own blogs), give no credit or acknowledgement and then have the cheek to slap their own "copyright notice" on their article.  There's stuff in that "guide" which only came to light recently on these forums and you'd still think it was all their own hard work and ideas.  /end rant.

@sacchi  The core principle of Tutoring is to improve a player's personality to help them develop their attributes and improve on pitch performances.  Players can develop better when their Determination, Professionalism and Ambition are high.  Determination is found listed in a player's attributes, the other two are less obvious but can be found discussed by your coaches in a player's coaching report.

It can be difficult to get all 3 of those attributes high via Tutoring as there are only one or two personalities which are guaranteed to have all 3 high.  So as a Manager you need to determine what's going to be important to you.  You mention for example a player being just 1 Determination point away from being Resolute.  More is of course better, but just one point won't make an awful lot of difference.  Tutor him further if you l like, but if you have other young players with much worse attributes, then your Tutors may be better off spending their time with those instead.  Again, it's up to you to decide.

1 hour ago, sacchi said:

What to do with Ambitious 16-17 year olds? Is that personality type ok for developing nicely? (I think they are not in urgent need of tutoring as long as they are happy with their training schedules.)

I'd want them to have at least some good Determination as well - even at the expense of reducing their Ambition a little. Determination has wide ranging impacts and can be a very important attribute.

1 hour ago, sacchi said:

Finally, one case where I'm completely lost: I have a new CD signing, just turned 21, had the wonderkid description before, Fairly Determined, Det17, attributes not through the roof but very good, and he is playing amazing (altough not starting all the games yet). Problem is he's unhappy with his training schedule. Now what? If I tutor him with a less determined but more professional player there is no time to pull his Det back up. I think I leave him as he is, and poor guy must live with being unhappy with training...

Unhappy players probably won't train as well as happy players.  ie., a player's morale can impact their training progress.  Why is he unhappy with training?  His workload is too high?  In which case that may indicate a lack of professionalism (assuming you aren't overloading him).  Does he feel training sessions aren't good enough / he doesn't get enough attention from coaches?  That may indicate problems with your staff - not enough (check the coach workloads) and/or not enough coaches of a suitable standard.

BTW (and @MrPompey), there is a Tactics and Training forum on this site.  Loads of original articles and guides are stickied at the top of it in the thread marked "Please Read" if you want to find out more :thup:.

Archived