Goalies playing as field players - wearing goalie outfits

tberlin

I have a save going with a customized database for a world level league of the top 1000 or so teams.  The league is divided into 10 divisions starting with Premier, Championship, 1, 2, 3, 4, U24, U22, U20, and U18.  Using the same set up in Football manager 2015, 2016, 2017, and now 2018 (I load the previous database, test for errors, clean those up, play, and retest until it looks like the bugs are minimized).  In all the pre FM18 versions, the game would find enough U18 players for all the teams to fill out their squads.  In FM18, the same database has some opposing U18 teams can have 2 or more goalies wearing their goalie outfits playing in the field.  I never observed this in previous versions.  This results in a gameplay issue as the goalies are not good field players, and such games turn into blow outs (wins for my team ranging from 9-0 to 20-0).

A further update, to the problem of the game playing goalies in the field.  In some games there are 2+ goalies for the opponent playing as field players.  All are wearing their goalie uniforms complete with gloves and acting like field players.  Normally, another goalie, in goalie outfit is playing in goal.  But today, I had a field player playing in goal in his field uniform, while two goalies in their goalie uniform were running around as field players.  

Archived