Match Engine lag

Dont know what else to call it,,, but why does the ME still have these wee moments?  I'm not talking anything major ,, its just a little annoying when watching the 3D engine when for half a sec you get a little freeze.  What causes it?  Is it the game computing what it will do next or is just the coding or something?  It even happens after they have scored and are running off celebrating. 

I have noticed this in the game since they first brought out the 3D ME so its not just FM18.  At first I thought eventually they would iron out all these little issues,,, then I thought it may even be my system.  I cant tell you the amount of things I tried on my last laptop to eradicate it.  Scans, re pasting the therm paste, upgrading RAM, adjusting game settings and on and on.

But now I have a new laptop and a new desktop and I still see this on both of them.  

Both my new systems are Alienware , an R4 Laptop running the 1060 and a R7 Desktop running the 1070,,, both should be able to run without any issue whatsoever.  My temp on the laptop doesn't even get over 60 running the ME.  And yet,, I still see it.  

Guess I have to accept it,, but would like to know I am not alone and that everyone notices this as well.

@trueblue

It’s the screen resolution, in Football Manager 18, their is only 2 options available in the preferences I believe? 

Open geforce experience, modify FM 18 on it and set resolution to something like wide screen 1280x1080 I think mine is, scroll all the way down on the resolutions drop down then save them.

Archived