Building team in "smaller" league

Jonas1987

Hi all,

I have a question regarding building a team in a league like Belgium, the Netherlands or Scotland. Do you get any opposition in the league/cup if you get to decent CL levels? I can imagine this not to be a problem when you start in a mediocre team in Serie A or even B, because you'll have big teams opposing you. But say you start as a mid-table team in Belgium and you work your way up to decent CL levels, will the competition in the league lift on your success, or is it kind a like using the in-game editor to move Real Madrid into the Jupiler league?

Cheers

Hi Jonas I always have a save in Belgium normally as Eupen and I have only won the Europa cup in the last five season of fm and in them games iv had countless attempts, won the league and cup many times but getting into th CL is great then I end up going into the europa league. As a club like Eupen you have a lot of crap to get rid takes a few seasons to find yourself some good Belgium players. Belgium is a good league to get into  though don’t let me put you off the big teams to start are club Brugge and Anderlecht as always. A lot of teams will have one or two stand out players and Standard Leige have a lot of youth that you can’t sign on loan because there arse holes. Anyway club Brugge are hard to over come for the first few seasons but will loan the few youth players the have. If you go a team in Belgium especially in the second div (there’s a team with a 50,000 seater stadium can’t recall there name) you need to get scouts and raid Africa you’ll find decent players and can get them cheap. Also another tip check the squad rules you don’t have foreigner rule restrictions at all you can buy anyone but you have to have a few Belgiums in the squad. 

On 22/07/2018 at 08:39, Jonas1987 said:

Hi all,

I have a question regarding building a team in a league like Belgium, the Netherlands or Scotland. Do you get any opposition in the league/cup if you get to decent CL levels? I can imagine this not to be a problem when you start in a mediocre team in Serie A or even B, because you'll have big teams opposing you. But say you start as a mid-table team in Belgium and you work your way up to decent CL levels, will the competition in the league lift on your success, or is it kind a like using the in-game editor to move Real Madrid into the Jupiler league?

Cheers

League reputation should increase yes and therefore other teams can attract better players thus increasing their stature in the game too.

Archived