My suggestions

SophJay182

Here are my suggestions for fm2019 and beyond

1. Fold player preferred moves (PPMs) into tactical instructions. That would be a quick, easy, way to give players move tactical control without adding more complexity to the game (and easy win for SI)

2, Ability to save sets of opposition instructions and name them things like high bock, medium block, low block, etc. Then the ability to switch between these midgame like you would changing between saved tactics.

3. I would actually remove the contain, defensive, counter, standard, control, attacking, overload from the overall team and give it to each player separately. I would also do this with fluidity. That would make players think more like football managers and less like spreadsheet managers (which I know SI is trying to do).

4. This is unlikely because I know it would require a near full re-work of the CA/PA system (which really needs reforming anyway). But stop giving players position ratings and do role ratings instead. The current system leads to alot of silly stuff like a player whose a natural RB in a wing back support role but very unnatural at RWB wing back support role. When really the role is wing back and they should be good wherever they are a wing back. Ross Barkley at Chelsea is an example of this. He's a good(ish) advanced playmaker and a not great winger, yet he's fairly accomplished at RAM and LAM just for the playmaker role but not for the winger. If he was rated for the role, not the position, it would make more sense.

1. Do you really think coaches told Quaresma to consistently try to score with the outside of his right foot from extreme angles? Obviously this isn't a trait in the game, but players do things that transcend the coaches' instructions - if their roles tell them not to they'll do it less i.e. how Pogba isn't trying to dribble or get forward as much in his more restrained role for France.

2. YES

3. No opinion.

4. But sometimes you do see players who do well at RB but not a RWB or vice versa - Bruno Gaspar's performances for Fiorentina come to mind where a lot of people sau despite being defensively suspect he seemed to need the space to wind up that starting from a deeper full back position offers and struggled more as a wing back. 

• 5 months later...

Archived